Welp almost a year....

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

Newbdungeon

Welp almost a year....

Post by Newbdungeon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:47 am

Well it has almost been a year since Sir_General last updated his site, IM WORRIED!!! hey phrozen and all the other people who might happen to read this post in a near dead forum, Has anyone heard any word from him, god man i havent played d2 in forever and i want to get back into it, blizzard deleted all my bnet accounts, the same accounts ive had for years, for innactivity :cry:

and to Sir_General if he ever reads this, i know you are human and can have problems just like anyone else but from someone who plays your mods you are a god, ill give you money if you just update it for .10

and if you are actually still modding and havent released yet then i just feel like an ass

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Welp almost a year....

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:49 am

We haven't heard from Sir_General in quite some time. But please don't mention paying anybody even in jest, that raises some thorny intellectual property concerns.

Have you looked at the newer mods out there? There is nothing quite like the Rune Mod, but there are several where you have the option to build up your equipment.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Sylver

Post by Sylver » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm really interested in hearing which mods feature build-up equipment.

Not that I'm to lazy to search the fora or anything, I've played some other mods that have the feature. The thing is that every mod I've played adds a lot of other things like monsters, spells, visual upgrades whatever... I'm not really into that.

So what I'm asking is to hear experiences from other runemod players who know other mods that resemble the runemod in a certain way, so that others won't find it necessary to play every single other mod out there first.

For my part, it's really been too long since I've played D2 ... I really can't remember any of the "I feature build up equipment!"-mods.

Peace
SG Runemod mirror: http://sylver_4.tripod.com/ (v1.01 + new launcher)

Newbdungeon

Post by Newbdungeon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 pm

heh sorry about the money thing...

I've played alot of newer mods and i just cant find one that can keep my attention as long as runemod did, i kinda share the same problem that slyver does. i guess ill start looking again for a new one, if anyone has any suggestions of mods with a equipment upgrading system sorta like rune mod lemme know

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:06 am

Rune Mod was the only mod I know of where build-up is the whole of it. Mods like Zy-El and TFW (v1.09x) and several in v1.10 (Escape from the Afterlife, Battle for Elements, and any mod featuring tempered items has a build-up component. But yes, those mods have other features as well, which may or may not be appreciated.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Mayahesa
Paladin

Post by Mayahesa » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Currently me and my woman are addicted to Paganheart - it's a fantastic mod that's well worth upgrading to v1.10 and the 250meg+ download it now comes to...

The tempering is about the best I've played outside of runemod, and it's the only mod that I really enjoy playing - so much so that it was the first thing I installed when I reformatted the machine :D

And yes, I'm an ex-runemod player, and if there ever is a version 1.10 of it, I will gladly take it up again :D
There is a narrow difference between genius and madness, I'm merely smuggling sanity across the border.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”