Introduction to the mod
What kind of mod this is and what are its goals?
This is total rebalance mod, that focuses on adding lots of new stuff that I will mention later in this post. In practice, everything is changed to a degree, yet it leaves the vanilla feeling untouched.
The main goals are to create challenging and dynamic gameplay, promote team cooperation, create economy based on gold which plays an important role as quite precious resource, make the player enjoy starting, grinding and endgame contents, and finally, to make the players discover an additional storyline which hides the story older than the whole world of Sanctuary. All with leaving the vanilla atmosphere untouched.
Some of the things this mod contains:
- Available in English and Polish languages,
- Interesting additional storyline for you to discover, also outside of the game for those who will get interested enough (WIP),
- All of AI's [configs] are greatly improved,
- All of vanilla skills are unbugged, revalorized, descriptions are even begginer friendly, proper and in exact same order/convention for all of the skills. Additionally, every skill is useful, with possibility of character build based on it,
- All characters received 3 new skills, one per skill tree. Additionally, there are many hidden skills, available from items,
- Lots of new items graphics, created by my wife, LiturnellaTheChickenGod (graphic artist), exclusive only to this mod,
- New kind/tier of monsters, currently called "green ones" or "exceptionally dangerous" (official name not decided, I don't want to call them "elites" or anything like that for plagiarism reasons), all have very special and clever AI, are immune to freeze and chilling effects, immune to stun, in some cases immune to get hit mode, use unique abilities (nothing eye-cancerish) and have unique appearances. Additionally, you will never meet them as champions or uniques with minions. Their purpose is to give you run for your money in exchange for better drops, more exp and gold. They won't spawn in all locations and are actually rarely seen,
- New kind of monsters, called "epic" or "orange ones", all have very special and clever AI, are immune to freeze and chilling effects, immune to stun and knockback, immune to get hit mode, use powerful unique abilities (again, nothing eye-cancerish) and have unique appearances. Additionally, you will never meet them as champions or uniques with minions. Their purpose is to guard specific areas or bosses, during your journey you will meet them only a few times, ofcourse they will give you even bigger run for your money in exchange for even better drops, more exp and gold. They are rarer than green monsters,
- New kind/tier of monsters, called "uber minions", they are practically the same as "epic" monsters, however, these are like "standard population" of uber areas, side quests etc. Another difference is that they are more deadly because of their numbers,
- Gold is quite precious. The economy (in case of teamplay) is going to be most likely based on it,
- Many uniques, sets and runewords got Diablo 3 style "superpowers",
- New side locations for loot hunting,
- Greatly increased difficulty with quite dynamic gameplay. Your level means a lot, if you can't beat some location, it means you have to go back to previous one,
- Treasure goblins,
- New charms system. At the beggining you have only 1 charm, which you can earn by finishing one of vanilla act 1 quests. Alone it gives you almost nothing, however, during your journey, you will find special essences (drop rate comparable to vanilla charms), which you may use to enchance your charm. An example of essence is "+1-5 to all resistances" - in a moment of enchancement, the game will roll a value of 1-5, and add this value to your charm. There is a luck factor with this, but you can help your luck by resetting your charm to starting state in exchange for your gold. Each enchancement increases charms level required (resettable along with properties). With your progress, you are going to find better and better essences for example "+4-5 to all resistances". Additionally, sometimes an essence can spawn with both prefix and suffix, giving you, for another example "+1-3 to maximum damage, +10-20 to life". More charms are obtainable by finishing events in additional storyline or discovering some secrets. The maximum number of charms is heavily limited,
- Magic find has no diminishing returns (that one isn't complicated or big change, but I consider it very significant)
- Hirelings (mercs) are all revisited and in case of act 3 ones - fully redesigned. Their equipment is expanded, so you may use gloves, boots etc. As act 3 mercs received the biggest changes, here is a table of content of these changes:
Code: Select all
There are 3 types of act 3 mercs: Elemental mage - glacial spike, lightning, fire ball, all dealing significant damage thanks to self buffs. Grants an aura that increases party's elemental damage, Battle mage - multiple(based on lvl) fire-ball-like missile, has a curse which decreases enemy physical resistance, physical damage and slows their movement - all by just a little bit, also he has a fire shield aura which works on the whole team - all enemies that attack in melee take significant fire damage, additionaly fire shield increases the physical damage a little bit and reduces your physical damage taken Blood mage - has a powerful healing spell which heals all of his team for a lot of HP, uses blood spear skill - similar to bone spear, but this one also steals life and makes him heal himself, also he has a devastating blood explode skill which makes enemy blood boil and explode for really massive and extreme damage (it damages only the target)
- Tons of new unique items (such as magic, rare, unique and set arrows), sets, runewords, properties, effects etc,
- Some base items got special effects: 2-handed weapons (not all of them, only these which animations effects fits it) deal area of effect damage, throwing knifes can open wounds, large throwing axes can knockback the target,
- Many more things... Smaller and bigger ones.
What's the current phase of this project/mod?
I'd say it's on phase of closed alpha testing.
Not yet, however, you may ask me about private access to closed alpha.