Paradox 0.2.3 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Information and updates for Mods by Lady Isabelle. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Ogodei, Lady Isabelle

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Paradox 0.2.3 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Post here for any sort of bugs, balance issues & inconsistencies.

Known bugs in 0.2.3

(Dreamlands)Playing with friends in tcp/ip can cause your character to not save, and cause you to be unable to interact with any object during the game session. Your character is instead saved on the host's computer. This can be avoided by not directly trading with each other.
(Dreamlands)Several minor bugs to quests. Nothing that will stop you from getting your rewards.
(Dreamlands)The 'New Skill' icon does not display on the highest resolution, but works on the lower resolution just fine. The same happens in reverse with the ‘New Stat’ icon. The position also shifts around depending on if you open up certain ui.
(Dreamlands)Slows Target has an inverse effect, it was already removed temporarily.
(Dreamlands)Various AIs will occasionally erroneously perform incorrect behavior, most commonly either not attacking in specific circumstances or running right past the player instead of attacking.

(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) Gem Find, Jewel Find, and Rune Find affixes are not working.
(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) The game will crash if a monster cannot drop anything from tcex2
(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) tcex2 needs an exclude option, and/or the ability to ignore enemies spawned by nest, splenddeath, or other methods that can potentially spawn infinite monsters that I don't desire to have loot drop from.

(High-Res)The field to click on waypoints are too small, only affecting the button and not the entire row.

Sorceress skills can sometimes appear on necromancer heads. No idea why
It is possible to use the Paradox of Shadows outside of town, which can lead you into creating a portal into one of the hell side areas. As long as you read what it says and use it in town you'll be fine.
Various typos, and silly name combinations (Such as a Topaz Ring of Topazes, or a Ring of of Emeralds)
Mercenaries wont accept some potions when dragged and dropped into their portrait, but will take it via the shift key in the belt just fine. Unsure if this is related to the High Res mod, or Dreamlands.
Tristram has an unintended area you can teleport to out of bounds. This is due to edited tiles from the work on the roadless act 1 being considered walkable.
FPS may occasionally drop due to debug log spam due to irrelevant error reports from the game.

Familiar may still be doing less damage than intended, needs testing. Applied a """fix""" next update by letting you summon several more. The skill will receive a total rework in a later update, as the skill is stubborn on accepting increased damage.
Healing & Mana Potions tend to cancel themselves out when spammed. Try only using 1 potion at a time for now until a fix is deployed. Possibly fixed in the next update. Will need feedback

The Graveyard Oskill causes a character ruining crash when you enter the game. The Eternal runeword now instead grants a chance to reanimate monsters into a bonespawn. The aura is removed.
Possession can deal damage to boss enemies Fixed in the next update. Turns out it had leftover damage values in the skill. I may make this a feature for a different skill in the future.
Succubus Wither (formerly Iron Maiden) doesn't seem to be lowering your magic resistance They will instead just cast Amplify Damage and Enfeeble instead in the next update.
Act 3 Mercenaries are missing skills. Fixed in the next update
The Moon Rune word doesn't list a % in it. Fixed in the next update
Few missing Blessed Orb recipes Fixed in the next update
Empowered Thorns has an incorrect string Fixed in the next update
Elemental damage affixes are appearing earlier than intended Fixed in the next update
Some skills are incorrectly listed as cheated content, while some others arent. Fixed in the next update
Demon Bone Shield is incorrectly sized Fixed in the next update
Some super unique monsters don't have multishot Fixed in the next update
Skystrike is missing its scaling damage description Fixed in the next update
Frozen Horrors have multishot, resulting in a nasty death beam Fixed in the next update
Ice Storm is castable in town Fixed in the next update
Leviathan does not receive Cold Pierce and Cold Skill Damage Fixed in the next update
Various uniques grant +Attack Fixed in the next update
Warding Potions don't actually grant Faster Hit Recovery and Block Rate Fixed in the next update
Summoner and Fleshdoom are missing skills Fixed in the next update
Act 4 Crypt Demons aren't showing up on their own Fixed in the next update
Various monsters in Act 4 could not become a boss or appear in Nightmare/Hell Fixed in the next update
Various items could be incorrectly placed in the belt Fixed in the next update
Some uberquest items can't be transformed into a Paradox of Shadows due to an oversight Fixed in the next update, they now use runes instead
You may sometimes crash when entering the uberquest. Fixed in the next update
Saint of the Conjurer is missing an affix. Fixed in the next update

Talic
Paladin
Croatia

Re: Paradox 0.1.1 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Talic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi.

First, there is no a Quick reply "window" in any topic of Mods by Lady Isabelle, I had to use "Reply with qoute", in other areas of the forum everything is fine.

Anyway, sometimes my Necro isn't able to curse this little guy, you can see that he is cursed but still have immunity to physical damage.

I have a question about the Torch. The beam looks little strange, having the light going from the character head/body, can the beam be moved above his head a little bit:

May you tell me the amount of enemies here, they are also a little bit hard to kill :mrgreen:

That is it for now, I am more bug finder, can't talk about the balance but e.g. Festering Tendrils are not so easy to kill - I am struggling with that enemy a lot, but I just got into the mod. And there are those enemies with "undead cold - cannot die" - sth like that, that's not fun if I am not able to kill them. :mrgreen:
Thank You for all Your hard work. :leftthumb:

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Yea I haven't been able to quick reply either, I'll contact the admins about that.

That fallen may of rolled a hidden physical resistance, which is random. That feature is being removed next patch so that wont be a thing anymore.

I can definitely look into raising it up a little.

Talic
Paladin
Croatia

Post by Talic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:43 am

Hi.

Some questions.

Would it be possible for testing purposes to have book of cain cost reduced to some very low value instead of 500k.

It would be easier to test skills for sure.

Also, not sure if possible without some code edit, but what do you think about the idea to be able to stack potions like thawing/purging, mostly debuff potions.

I need to test but I had high performance drop in tamoe highland with all those mages in it, only not sure why did it happen.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm

You'll get plenty of gold later on as you progress, no plans to. I would love stackable potions myself but that's beyond my skill level.

bluechimera
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior
United States of America

Post by bluechimera » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:51 am

No bugs to report so far (that have not already been made known), but I am only in Act 1... I just wanted to say you and Ogodei have done a wonderful job with this mod. I am really enjoying it thus far :)

Great job, thanks for the wonderful mod! :cool:

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:43 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm
You'll get plenty of gold later on as you progress, no plans to. I would love stackable potions myself but that's beyond my skill level.
I just did some testing, (As you probably have with this same topic) and i was able to get them to be stackable by setting compactsave to 1. Of course though when right clicking the whole stack always disappears, regardless of stack size. If someone were to change the Usable function to check for quantity before using it may be possible. just a thought

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Paradox 0.2.3 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Did some cleanup, the buglist is now on the first post

Talic
Paladin
Croatia

Post by Talic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm
(Unconfirmed) Possible FPS issue where occasionally the game will tank it's framerate, possibly due to debug log spam
It seems to be related with debug log, at least from what I was able to see i.e. if I had a longer and bigger FPS drop, a lot of things was written in debug log, if I had some smaller and shorter FPS drop, some things were written to debug log.

Main message in debuglog is about:
Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\TN\COF\TNRNhth.COF
Could not add cof file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\TN\COF\TNRNhth.COF

EDIT:

There is some weird thing going with gold pickup, it takes some time for gold to be picked up and it seems like gold pickup radius is really small.

Anyway, If I accidentally hit 2 health or mana potions in the row, I won't get healed nor I will be "energized".

1 potion will fill your health or mana pool, but second one will prevent/cancel the effect of the first one.

How can I summon skeletal archer with the Fire arrows, I've tried 50 times already and I always get archer which uses cold arrows only. - I was lucky after some time :mrgreen:

Thank You

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 am

Gold pickup radius is intentionally small, its pickup rate however is known and its out of my hands from fixing at the moment. I'll buff the radius a little.

Potion issue I forgot to note down in the bug reports but I'm aware about, I'm also unsure what causes this or how to fix it. I've tried multiple things and it still struggles to function :( Attempting a fix for the next update, lemme know how it works when I release it.

I just tried and I got Fire Arrow Archers. Its random, and potentially seed based? You might get it if you save & exit.

Talic
Paladin
Croatia

Post by Talic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:11 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 am
Gold pickup radius is intentionally small, its pickup rate however is known and its out of my hands from fixing at the moment. I'll buff the radius a little.
I just tried and I got Fire Arrow Archers. Its random, and potentially seed based? You might get it if you save & exit.

If I have a lot of gold on the ground and if I walk on it (up and down, left or right :mrgreen: ) then pickup rate is slow, but if I click on some gold, to navigate char to the gold pickup rate is very fast then for that and for some surrounding gold.
Yeah, I think that fire arrow archer appeared actually after save&exit.
Also, first day I had a bug with map not being regenerated, since the second map regen every time, will test few times more. Why does the map regen... :( :mrgreen:
Edit1:
If I'm not wrong, effects like Burning can't kill you, am I right, I mean, I do see my char at 1 HP with burning and he is not going to die, but from some stupid attack, why not :mrgreen:
Anyway, AI is really crazy with the The Banished, not with the regular one but with the minions and their boss, catacombs, level 3 if I'm not wrong.

Edit2:

"(Dreamlands)The 'New Skill' icon does not display on the highest resolution, but works on the lower resolution just fine. The same happens in reverse with the ‘New Stat’ icon"

Highest resolution - I've figure it out that "New Stat" icon can disappear too, when I open quest log then the icon will move to the right, if I open additional window like inventory or skill tree then there is no sign of "new stat" icon, see pics at the end.
Talic wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Lady Isabelle wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm
(Unconfirmed) Possible FPS issue where occasionally the game will tank it's framerate, possibly due to debug log spam

It seems to be related with debug log, at least from what I was able to see i.e. if I had a longer and bigger FPS drop, a lot of things was written in debug log, if I had some smaller and shorter FPS drop, some things were written to debug log.
Hm, even worse FPS drop in Sewers, nothing in the debug log at the time of FPS drop.

Seems that there isn't any FPS drop with DDraw at all, with Glide every now and then, and I think that skeleton mages are the one of the main cause of the drop, will test more, but for now in the Sewers it isn't smooth at all with Glide.

[quote]Edit - Turning off a lot of settings in Glide seems to help a lot for now, will continue with testing.
Edit2 - When skills like poison, cold, lightning etc are cast then FPS drop happens, though don't know why.
Pics removed

Hi.

How am I supposed to kill Duriel with Necro, like 65 cold resistance seems to be way too small value against him.

I'm dead almost as soon as I enter his chamber.

Return to “Mods by Lady Isabelle”