Paradox 0.2.6 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Information and updates for Mods by Lady Isabelle. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Ogodei, Lady Isabelle

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Paradox 0.2.6 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Post here for any sort of bugs, balance issues & inconsistencies.

Known bugs in 0.2.6

(Dreamlands)Playing with friends in tcp/ip can cause your character to not save, and cause you to be unable to interact with any object during the game session. Your character is instead saved on the host's computer. This can be avoided by not directly trading with each other.
(Dreamlands)Divine and Holy Shrines can crash the game Both shrines will be disabled in 0.2.7 until they can be fixed.
(Dreamlands)Several minor bugs to quests. Nothing that will stop you from getting your rewards. Personalizing your item with Anya will crash your game, but it seems harmless as the game saves your character correctly.
(Dreamlands)The 'New Skill' icon does not display on the highest resolution, but works on the lower resolution just fine. The same happens in reverse with the ‘New Stat’ icon. The position also shifts around depending on if you open up certain ui.
(Dreamlands)Slows Target has an inverse effect, it was already removed temporarily.
(Dreamlands)Various AIs will occasionally erroneously perform incorrect behavior, most commonly either not attacking in specific circumstances or running right past the player instead of attacking.

(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) Gem Find, Jewel Find, and Rune Find affixes are not working.
(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) The game will crash if a monster cannot drop anything from tcex2
(Unimplemented Dreamlands Feature) tcex2 needs an exclude option, and/or the ability to ignore enemies spawned by nest, splenddeath, or other methods that can potentially spawn infinite monsters that I don't desire to have loot drop from.

(High-Res)The field to click on waypoints are too small, only affecting the button and not the entire row.

Corrupt Spirits cannot hit you. Fixed in 0.2.7
Succubi and Oblivion Knight casters use a defective Wither sometimes Fixed in 0.2.7
Ancient Westmarch Bow is the incorrect size Fixed in 0.2.7
Act 5 Hell Portals display an incorrect welcome message Fixed in 0.2.7

Various items with skill damage increases, such as the 'Increases Telekinesis damage by X%' are not mathematically correct.
Sorceress skills can sometimes appear on necromancer heads. No idea why
It is possible to use the Paradox of Shadows outside of town, which can lead you into creating a portal into one of the hell side areas. As long as you read what it says and use it in town you'll be fine.
Various typos, and silly name combinations (Such as a Topaz Ring of Topazes, or a Ring of of Emeralds)
Mercenaries wont accept some potions when dragged and dropped into their portrait, but will take it via the shift key in the belt just fine. Unsure if this is related to the High Res mod, or Dreamlands.
Tristram has an unintended area you can teleport to out of bounds. This is due to edited tiles from the work on the roadless act 1 being considered walkable.
FPS may occasionally drop due to debug log spam due to irrelevant error reports from the game.

Texalic
Paladin

Re: Paradox 0.1.1 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Texalic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi.

First, there is no a Quick reply "window" in any topic of Mods by Lady Isabelle, I had to use "Reply with qoute", in other areas of the forum everything is fine.

Anyway, sometimes my Necro isn't able to curse this little guy, you can see that he is cursed but still have immunity to physical damage.

I have a question about the Torch. The beam looks little strange, having the light going from the character head/body, can the beam be moved above his head a little bit:

May you tell me the amount of enemies here, they are also a little bit hard to kill :mrgreen:

That is it for now, I am more bug finder, can't talk about the balance but e.g. Festering Tendrils are not so easy to kill - I am struggling with that enemy a lot, but I just got into the mod. And there are those enemies with "undead cold - cannot die" - sth like that, that's not fun if I am not able to kill them. :mrgreen:

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Yea I haven't been able to quick reply either, I'll contact the admins about that.

That fallen may of rolled a hidden physical resistance, which is random. That feature is being removed next patch so that wont be a thing anymore.

I can definitely look into raising it up a little.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:43 am

Hi.

Some questions.

Would it be possible for testing purposes to have book of cain cost reduced to some very low value instead of 500k.

It would be easier to test skills for sure.

Also, not sure if possible without some code edit, but what do you think about the idea to be able to stack potions like thawing/purging, mostly debuff potions.

I need to test but I had high performance drop in tamoe highland with all those mages in it, only not sure why did it happen.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm

You'll get plenty of gold later on as you progress, no plans to. I would love stackable potions myself but that's beyond my skill level.

bluechimera
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior
United States of America

Post by bluechimera » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:51 am

No bugs to report so far (that have not already been made known), but I am only in Act 1... I just wanted to say you and Ogodei have done a wonderful job with this mod. I am really enjoying it thus far :)

Great job, thanks for the wonderful mod! :cool:

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:43 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm
You'll get plenty of gold later on as you progress, no plans to. I would love stackable potions myself but that's beyond my skill level.
I just did some testing, (As you probably have with this same topic) and i was able to get them to be stackable by setting compactsave to 1. Of course though when right clicking the whole stack always disappears, regardless of stack size. If someone were to change the Usable function to check for quantity before using it may be possible. just a thought

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Paradox 0.2.3 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Did some cleanup, the buglist is now on the first post

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm
(Unconfirmed) Possible FPS issue where occasionally the game will tank it's framerate, possibly due to debug log spam
It seems to be related with debug log, at least from what I was able to see i.e. if I had a longer and bigger FPS drop, a lot of things was written in debug log, if I had some smaller and shorter FPS drop, some things were written to debug log.

Main message in debuglog is about:
Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\TN\COF\TNRNhth.COF
Could not add cof file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\TN\COF\TNRNhth.COF

EDIT:

There is some weird thing going with gold pickup, it takes some time for gold to be picked up and it seems like gold pickup radius is really small.

Anyway, If I accidentally hit 2 health or mana potions in the row, I won't get healed nor I will be "energized".

1 potion will fill your health or mana pool, but second one will prevent/cancel the effect of the first one.

How can I summon skeletal archer with the Fire arrows, I've tried 50 times already and I always get archer which uses cold arrows only. - I was lucky after some time :mrgreen:

Thank You

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 am

Gold pickup radius is intentionally small, its pickup rate however is known and its out of my hands from fixing at the moment. I'll buff the radius a little.

Potion issue I forgot to note down in the bug reports but I'm aware about, I'm also unsure what causes this or how to fix it. I've tried multiple things and it still struggles to function :( Attempting a fix for the next update, lemme know how it works when I release it.

I just tried and I got Fire Arrow Archers. Its random, and potentially seed based? You might get it if you save & exit.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:11 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 am
Gold pickup radius is intentionally small, its pickup rate however is known and its out of my hands from fixing at the moment. I'll buff the radius a little.
I just tried and I got Fire Arrow Archers. Its random, and potentially seed based? You might get it if you save & exit.

If I have a lot of gold on the ground and if I walk on it (up and down, left or right :mrgreen: ) then pickup rate is slow, but if I click on some gold, to navigate char to the gold pickup rate is very fast then for that and for some surrounding gold.
Yeah, I think that fire arrow archer appeared actually after save&exit.
Also, first day I had a bug with map not being regenerated, since the second map regen every time, will test few times more. Why does the map regen... :( :mrgreen:
Edit1:
If I'm not wrong, effects like Burning can't kill you, am I right, I mean, I do see my char at 1 HP with burning and he is not going to die, but from some stupid attack, why not :mrgreen:
Anyway, AI is really crazy with the The Banished, not with the regular one but with the minions and their boss, catacombs, level 3 if I'm not wrong.

Edit2:

"(Dreamlands)The 'New Skill' icon does not display on the highest resolution, but works on the lower resolution just fine. The same happens in reverse with the ‘New Stat’ icon"

Highest resolution - I've figure it out that "New Stat" icon can disappear too, when I open quest log then the icon will move to the right, if I open additional window like inventory or skill tree then there is no sign of "new stat" icon, see pics at the end.
Talic wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Lady Isabelle wrote:
(Unconfirmed) Possible FPS issue where occasionally the game will tank it's framerate, possibly due to debug log spam

It seems to be related with debug log, at least from what I was able to see i.e. if I had a longer and bigger FPS drop, a lot of things was written in debug log, if I had some smaller and shorter FPS drop, some things were written to debug log.
Hm, even worse FPS drop in Sewers, nothing in the debug log at the time of FPS drop.

Seems that there isn't any FPS drop with DDraw at all, with Glide every now and then, and I think that skeleton mages are the one of the main cause of the drop, will test more, but for now in the Sewers it isn't smooth at all with Glide.

[quote]Edit - Turning off a lot of settings in Glide seems to help a lot for now, will continue with testing.
Edit2 - When skills like poison, cold, lightning etc are cast then FPS drop happens, though don't know why.
Pics removed

Hi.

How am I supposed to kill Duriel with Necro, like 65 cold resistance seems to be way too small value against him.

I'm dead almost as soon as I enter his chamber.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 am

Are you using Holy Water to clear the Petrify debuff from Gorgorns? Also what is your build?

Texalic
Paladin

Re: Paradox 0.2.4 Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 am
Are you using Holy Water to clear the Petrify debuff from Gorgorns? Also what is your build?
Gorgorns? - no idea about those, if they are those monsters near Duriel, they are dead really fast.

It's the Duriel that bothers me, he heals really fast, I have tried with poison damage, have good amount of elemental damage from each type, doesn't help.

Tried with good amount of skills combination. I can't go in melee fight with him, his cold skills are killing me, where my summons have no chance against him. e.g. Familiars, I have tried with 4 of them, they can't hurt Duriel at all, he heals faster.

I would say that my gear is really bad, will try to farm for some time first since I have nothing special.

Luckily book of cain can be easily obtained, so I will try for some time, then will report back.

Thanks for update and for spoilers too :mrgreen:

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:44 pm

Talic wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm
Thanks for update and for spoilers too
Enjoy! And what I posted in the changelog is hardly a spoiler. I posted a lot of information in discord on what rewards you can get. What you can experience however is a surprise ;)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

I was talking about those screenshots, well, it is spoiler for me, e.g. paradox relic, corrupted Flavie and even screenshot of your dead Work character....just kidding.
What I can experience is sadness now since I can't kill duriel, it is obvious that I will need to go 1 on 1 against him since my summons can die easily.
Current problem I have is that if I put a lot of points in Dex (55% chance for Duriel to hit me) then I'm missing health, if I do it a little bit here little bit there his chance to hit me are higher...
Even when I manage, his cold skills are killing me, that's the main problem now, but I won't quit, need to level up to lvl 24 for that S... Armor :P
EDIT:

Well, hell no, Duriel kills me with ease, that cold skill he is casting is just a no way for my character, like I would guess at least 100 damage per hit against my character, well, will try with sorceress.

Gear isn't that good I would say, but it is what it is during the adventure all up to Duriel...

Or guide me please what I should have in the beginning :mrgreen:

Anyway:

Holly water, at least on my side doesn't work against above "buff", that lowers/drains the mana only I think.

"it's useage" > its usage

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:20 am

Could you DM me your save file? I feel like there is something I'm missing, as I don't recall ever having trouble with his cold damage. It's all vanilla from what I can tell as well.
And wait, holy water is lowering your mana? Or am I reading that wrong?

Edit: Oh do you mean his Frozen Magic Orb attack? That deals magic damage, and resist for it is a bit hard to come by, as it only spawns on magic/rare shields and chests if I remember right. That's probably what's killing you

Oh you meant the screenshot folder. Forgot to delete that it looks like, whoops. Either way most of that isn't too big of a problem ;p That's not the spoiler i'm concerned about

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 pm

I am pretty sure that in 2.03 he was using mostly cold damage since attack looked like that and my character was all blue in color :mrgreen: ... but now in 2.04 attack is light grey orb and yeah if it is magic, my magic resist is the lowest one at 10% from some rare gloves and that is it.

I have a lot bigger magic find now, will try for some time and rerun the areas, maybe I will be lucky, otherwise I don't know :mrgreen:

I'm saying that holy water (neither well nor npc) doesn't help against that "buff" which is casted by some enemy, and that "buff" only drains your mana to 1 and you can only wait for it to disappear before refilling your mana pool.

Anyway, that Blessed orb, how is it called, which re rolls unique items, it seems that it doesn't work, since it doesn't re roll uniques like frostbane nor the hood of the dark wanderer.

Or am I doing sth wrong but it should be item plus orb and cube it, right.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:50 am

Anyway, that Blessed orb, how is it called, which re rolls unique items, it seems that it doesn't work, since it doesn't re roll uniques like frostbane nor the hood of the dark wanderer.
Odd, i'll look into it after my break

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:48 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
(High-Res)The field to click on waypoints are too small, only affecting the button and not the entire row.
Tristram has an unintended area you can teleport to out of bounds. This is due to edited tiles from the work on the roadless act 1 being considered walkable.
About waypoints, I would never thought about it as a bug, since I always click on the button :mrgreen:

In Tristram, sometime monsters will spawn behind this wall, maybe related to unintended area bug:
Why orb of transmutation cannot be used on "normal" items directly, we need to lower it to "damaged" first, doesn't seems to be some big difference before and after...or maybe because it is some low level item.
Image Image
I just figure it out that this chest stays closed, is it a bug or...there should be sth, at least gold :)
Lady Isabelle wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:50 am
Odd, i'll look into it after my break
I can only take a break after I defeat Duriel :growl: :mrgreen:

Holidays around the corner, have a nice break :D

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:43 am

Why orb of transmutation cannot be used on "normal" items directly, we need to lower it to "damaged" first, doesn't seems to be some big difference before and after...or maybe because it is some low level item.
:-O-: I thought I fixed that already. Also gonna look into it later
have a nice break
Ty <3

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Just writing sth now so I don't forget about it.

There is a topic 0.2 Mercenary Overhaul and sth from other topic "Mercenaries overhauled with brand new abilities, as well as a new 'rune blade' weapon type for act 3 casters to benefit from."...

but I wouldn't say that these changes are implemented in the mod, at least not yet, I'm sure that my mercs don't have skills described in mercenary overhaul topic.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've decided to change my merc a little bit with one from act 2, though of course he is at very low level, I thought that maybe he could level a little bit faster but he is leveling very slow.

Sometimes he doesn't get experience, is that a bug, e.g. we have killed Andariel and my dear Emilio, combat merc from act 2 has recieved 0 experience. :cry: :mrgreen:

And what else, how does players X behaves here, does it makes any difference, currently re running with P8, I would say that monsters are stronger, not sure about everything else.

Thank You

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:06 am

0.2 Mercenary stuff hasn't been implemented yet, as I've decided to re-think how I approach updating. I may wind up not implementing it at all (i'll post the why a bit later)

I'll look into mercs getting no xp. I wanted to lower how much xp they need to level, but as it turns out that isn't easy. :roll:

/players X has not been changed at all. It is the same as it was in vanilla.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:51 am

Lady Isabelle wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:06 am
0.2 Mercenary stuff hasn't been implemented yet, as I've decided to re-think how I approach updating. I may wind up not implementing it at all (i'll post the why a bit later)

I'll look into mercs getting no xp. I wanted to lower how much xp they need to level, but as it turns out that isn't easy. :roll:

/players X has not been changed at all. It is the same as it was in vanilla.
Well, usually, or maybe never, I don't use mercs once they die, they can't keep the pace with me and tend to be a bit stupid, unless they are "balanced" to fit into mod.

It seems that merc xp is ok now after save&exit, if sth similar happens next time I know I need to S&E first and recheck the bug. :mrgreen:

From what I can read on arreat summit, pX should change...
Monster health - check
Drop - I think it is a little better

Experience - well, since xp curve is a little bit different, on P1 I was almost level 24 before Duriel vs to cLoD where you are level 30 at the end of the normal iirc...
Don't know how playersX should behave regarding experience in this mod.

E.g. whole act 1 again, but on P8, level gained is zero :mrgreen:

There is an explanation about character vs monster level regarding the experience and how much xp you should gain against certain monster level, but I think that I should have level a little bit more. :?:

It isn't that I'm going to play on P8, I did it now hopping for some magic resist. :P

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:38 pm

Talic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Or am I doing sth wrong but it should be item plus orb and cube it, right.
Can you send me your save file, assuming you still have these two items? It works fine on my end, not sure what's going on.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 am

I will check, will also check with the blessed orb.

Unfortunately I'm not playing the mod currently, not able to enter Travincal due to performance issue I'm having and then I end up dead (sure, my char isn't that good at all, but still :mrgreen: ), thought it was my PC, but other mods are working fine.

Only difference I could think off is that maybe there is some thing that my PC doesn't like (since it is old) is sth between Dreamlands, and maybe with dreamlands+high res, will check and test some combinations.

But I think this is maybe my first mod with the dreamlands in it, unless Dark Alliance uses it also then not sure since DA worked fine.

Return to “Mods by Lady Isabelle”