*]The Copper Coronet[* (BGmod OT)

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:25 pm

and ric's too!
=0

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:15 am

I still need to get my holiday avatar

KnarlyDude

katana = sword class???

Post by KnarlyDude » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:35 am

Woah woah woah are a Diakatana/katana/all those new assassin swords enhanced by sword mastery spheres????

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: katana = sword class???

Post by SubSanity » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:15 am

KnarlyDude" wrote:Woah woah woah are a Diakatana/katana/all those new assassin swords enhanced by sword mastery spheres????
Yes :mrgreen:

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:45 am

I got an idea, its not crazy, dumb, or off-topic, plus won't make your lifes hard trying to do it:

Make claws sub-classed as swords, and assassin swords sub-classed as claws. I simple itemtypes.txt change would work, and it will make claws more usful, but not so powerful that we don't use swords ever. This way makes it so the player can choose there weapon type based on personal taste rather then power house tatics.

'Now I think I'll go climb in my bunker...'

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:39 am

That'd overpower the Shadow Thief..

If you want melee power, use the blades
If you want to use claw skills, use the claws

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:24 am

tone the blades down maybe. I just wana play the ass with a sword and not be limited to a simple hack and slash
=0

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:24 am

ahaahh u cant say h@Ck and slash without gettign filtered
=0

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:52 am

Blade + Venom + Shuriken + Traps

makes a pretty good build

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:00 am

In the overall picture, assassin swords are already 'overpowered.' A classic, Max Tiger strike, a ponit into burst of speed, and a few choas ice bolt is enough to get through hell, and condiering you won't be using claws, you don't need to max claw mastery or put ponits into weapon block, you get the extra 35~40 skill ponits to use on either Surkerken (how ever you spell it) or Death Sentrys. Both ways makes LE monsters fightable in hell. And I haven't even added in the mass damage bounes (added BEFORE tiger strike) and cold damage from a sword shpere...

So here is are my suggestions and it will be the last time EVER :mrgreen:

Tone down Pheonix strike, then make the three claw attacks, a wee (whole lot) better. Not as damage wise but as in splash damage radius. According to resent studies in Normal D2, people suggest that splash damage is equal to your claw damage, and has a 100% chance to hit. So the way I see it is, Bigger Fire Claws raduis, less added damage. Really long cold delay for Ice Claws, and pure and simple godly lighting damage from Lighting claws.

OR

Give claws a subclass of swords.

...Now don't talk to me about unbalancedness (of the idea anyway) until Sorc, Necromancers, and Trappers have been beat with an ugly nerf stick :twisted:

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:58 am

Post in the 1.06 bugs thread..

As it stands now, there are no plans to continue BGmod until 1.10 is released. But put it in that thread anyways and we'll take anything in the thread into consideration when I continue working on BGmod.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:13 pm

whee.. ok since the bug is posted here for the most of it, lemme explain a little.

Originally, the Katanas were meant to be 'Blade Class' weapons, and the Claws too. Basically it'd just be the Claw Class (tactfully renamed so it makes sense)

However, therein lies a problem. coz the Blade class has their own weapon style, it has a little problem when it comes down to one-handed swords like the Wakazashi. Initially we had intended to make the one-handed katanas dual-wieldable, however since there are insufficient animations for it, it wasn't possible.. But the bug is still there. Hence I decided that the Katanas would have to stay as swords.

Since the Claws could only be dual-wielded because they were claw class, they can't be sword class with other weird side effects.

I had also thought of making staves for the Assassin (because she looks quite good with one) or swords for the Sorc, but in the end it still boiled down to the problem that we can't create new Weapon Types, only modify those existing ones (along with whatever hardcoded stuff that's linked to it)

oh but yea, put the suggestions for the skills in the bug thread so we can check it out.

~ - ~ - ~

so anyway I've started playing cD2X again, this time trying a Javazon. Finally decided to see what all the hype was abt.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:09 am

:x :x :x DAMN YOU CRUEL GODS OF FATE :x :x :x

Here is my list of friday the 13th bad luck, it started at about 11:00am so I'm hoping it will end at midnight (3 hours to go)

I lost my pencil
My best friend got a girl friend and now I get the cold shoulder :P
I lost my essay for english during that same lunch
I missed the bus home
I was going to play a little Warhammer but lost my dice
Went to play diablo 2, turns out that its lost too
Tore my room apart, didn't find it, now I have to clean it
Wen to work on mod, did for about an hour and a half, when I deleted it thinking it was junk :-|
Went to reheat a burger in the microwave, didn't relize it was warped in foil untill my burger caught on fire :cry:
Went to get a glass of milk, droped the jug and split a gallon on the floor
My phone was off the hook, I missed two important calls
I'm sooooo board that I'm sitting here typeing into a place where only four people pay attention to anyway ;)

3 hours to go, hopfully I don't get killed or the house burns down...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:32 pm

On Friday the 13, I was hyperactive because I feed off all the evilness of the day. I didn't sleep til 3am that day when my internet connection died.

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”