*]The Copper Coronet[* (BGmod OT)

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

MrSpecs

Post by MrSpecs » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:07 am

Name: Michael Williams

Hobbies: Reading, Computering(anything on it), biking, soccer/tennis, bugging my sister :lol:

Likes: staying up late and sleeping till noon. eating cheese and crackers and then more cheese. beating my friend at starcraft in 500 differnt ways. girls...of course! Listening to music, any and all kinds. ;) oh cant forget natalie portman in episode 2 ;)

Dont like: People who act stupid to get attention...misquitos....looking at new 2000mh comps with 512mb of ram and geforce 3's and then thinking about my own pathetic system...my fast growing chin hair that im too lazy to shave off every day. :-|

Favorites: Lots of stuff!

Movies: Braveheart!!!! steven is the coolest :D and alot more..LoTR, Return of the Jedi...and a couple hundred more. Im not too picky o movies

Anime: umm..DBZ? no really thats about all i have seen...even then not much of it

Games: ah love FF games...BG2 is sweet...unreal tournement....broodwar (havent played warcraft 3 yet)...and of of course bg mod :P

Books: Forgotten realms...Robert Jordan's
the wheel of time is my favorite! the end of The Fires of Heaven kicks @$$!!!!. dune series...david eddings books...terry goodkind books....almost any sci-fi or fantasy i will read.

Food: CHEESE!!!!!

Misc:
raccons are cool! (where do ya think the name MeSpecs comes from?)
my cat is REALLY fat.
I kill annoying npc's in BG2 like Jeheira and Nalia and the elf chic in my spare time. Over an over.
Im really a band monkey at heart...cant help it. Going to a drum corps show in a couple weeks.
Why am i wasting my time typing this when i could be playing more on the bg mod?
Everyone in the band cant stant me, just cause im a _hip_ _hopper_, and kinda by accident, im also...um..dumb??

-reese roper
(let me konw if you get it!)

Sol's Light

Post by Sol's Light » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:27 am

SubSanity" wrote:Waga.. I'm bored, let's play a game it's called introduce yourself

Name: Nicolai Parsons (Sol's Light is for my Rp character)

I know you didn't want to know that, but hey, you never know when someone might be able to make the neighbourhood more interesting.

Hobbies:Roleplaying, Writing, Reading, Playing Games, Just about anything that doesn't involve moronic people to getin my way. I counterbalance that with a tendency to go out to a Rave Party once evry week or two and get absolutely wild. Gotta have some fun.

Likes:Trance and House Music, pretty much any type of music really, as long as it's harmonic.

It'd be pretty stupid for me to leave out SF/Fantasy literature here, since i write the stuff and roleplay pretty much whenever I'm online.

Alright, Sf/Fantasy ANYTHING, you guys win, TV, Movies, whatever, i'm so far into it, I'm almost emerging as a mutant being out the other side.

Speaking of Mutant beings, i like my Course at uni, Biomedical Science hehehe, It's only a few years nowuntil i create a cure for Cancer, HIV or Malaria and get world fame, or that Genetically modified Mutant Virus strain for world Domination, Either works but I think I'd prefer the more peaceful route.

Don't Likes:R&B Music, the fact that I don't have enough money, EVER, My crappy old K6 II-233 (Thank goodness for the 160MB of RAM or i'd never be playing this MOD) and Stupid people.

Favourites: Food: The four basic Food groups: Chocolate, Coke, Chips and Sugar (this is what I usually live on, supplemented by the occasional Sandwich for when hunger gets too much)

Anime: I will hear nothing aganst Neon Genesis, it is simply the Ultimate expression of Nihon no Manga (Yes, Moo sukoshi nihongo o {filtered} imasu) (I speak a little Japanese, for those of you who don't.)

I'm not all that fussed about DBZ, it just seems to be, oh look, I've got this power urgh argh, that guy beat me i need more power, Oh look i've got this power....

But it can be good.

Other than that, there are a few Classic movies everyone here's bounfd to know, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, that type of thing.

I seriously need to branch out though, I just wish I spoke enough Japanes to be able to watch the movies without subtitles :(

Other than that, I like the world pretty much as it is, I have a lot of nice friends, just enough cash to get by and on the whole, a good future.

Misc:
Well, I think taht about covers me.... Any questions?

P51mus

Post by P51mus » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:49 am

DBZ in general seems rather stupid to me, though it has some funny moments.

But mostly it has the fighters standing around talking to eachother basically saying things like:
"HA HA HA I AM MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU"
"OH NO HE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME WHAT CAN I DO"

Ad nauseum.

and then the "good" character goes off, trains for a few months, comes back, and they have a similar conversation, only with the "good" person being more powerful, and the "Bad" person not being able to accept someone being better than them after they sat on their asses for a few months, or something like that.

And sometimes they have whole episodes of basically one character thinking the same thing repeatedly in different ways. Like wondering if he could beat some other character, using different verbs and such.
It's just...tedious...
And most of it boils down to one huge "{filtered} contest"

Unfortunately most of my anime experience has come solely from Cartoon Network.
I remember what I saw of Cowboy Bebop was nice, and then there was this one show...erm...can't really remember the name it involved this guy who was a mercenary and had a gun that could shoot "Caster" bullets and he ended up getting this spacecraft that a robot girl acted as a kind of computer or something for and he had some kind of pirate organization or something after him because...
Oh wait...that was Outlaw Star...

and there was also this Tenchi Muyo series that was interesting, kinda confusing though because I think there were several series of those in like somewhat alternate universes or something. I would like miss some episodes and suddenly it looks like the show started over, only somewhat different.

And there were a few anime movies I watched on the SCI-FI channel back when they would show anime late at night. Can't remember their names or anything, just some basic parts of them. I think some parts of the movies got edited out though...at one point in one of the movies it looked like it was going into a sex scene...
Some movie that was set on mars... I think it involved a police officer type person whose partner was a robot girl (what's with the robots?) though he didn't know it at first, and he had something against robots though he ends up helping her and he gets some kind of cybernetic suit or something and they end up fighting against an army of some sort for some reason... (I think the army was all automated non-thinking robots...though I could be wrong...it was huge though...)
Kinda odd, but interesting.
...a figure emerges from the shadows.

"No one says a novel has to be one thing. It can be anything it wants to be, a vaudeville show, the six o'clock news, the mumblings of wild men saddled by demons." -Ishmael Reed

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:45 pm

i would personally biotch slap everyone who has anything against DBZ thru the monitor, but i don't have that power, yet, so you are safe, for now :twisted:

Tenchi is funny as hell, it is a bit confusing, but once you understand it, its a really good show... theres 2 versions btw, Tenchi Muyo, and Tenchi Universe.. both have the same charactors, but they meet in different surcumstances and do different things... theres also Tenchi in Tokyo, but thats very different, it takes place after the previous ones (which one in particular i am not sure heh)

was that last show "Ghost in the Shell"? i have never seen it myself, but i have heard vaguelly what its about
From the ashes of death, rises the phoenix.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:40 pm

I haven't watched Ghost in the Shell, but I do have the manga. (if only I could get down to reading it :) whahahaha yea I haven't read it yet. Some parts of the storyline seem a little boring (or perhaps I'm not used to the style of art - very 3D-ish and hence very hard to get the entire drift with a glance)

ShadowCaster
Paladin

Post by ShadowCaster » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:47 pm

anyone watch Slayers? that ones kinda funny too.
Your GP or your HP!! -Theif (8-bit theater)

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:44 pm

i've seen some of it, my friend is the anime freak. he just finished NGE

and started on outlaw star and cowboy bebop

he's a magic knight rayearth and escaflowne freak.
=0

ShadowCaster
Paladin

Post by ShadowCaster » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:49 pm

yea my friend is too. him and his brother seem to have an endless supply of all things anime. thats where is usually bet mine from

MrSpecs

Post by MrSpecs » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:44 am

hey all THE BAD MONKEY IS BACK!! :twisted:
Everyone in the band cant stant me, just cause im a _hip_ _hopper_, and kinda by accident, im also...um..dumb??

-reese roper

DFx_StainD
Paladin

Post by DFx_StainD » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:58 am

Haha! Sweet!
Actual Definition Of:
Assassin: One of a secret order of Muslims that, at the time of the Crusades, terrorized Christians and other enemies by secret murder committed under the influence of Hashish(Marijuana) *In short, guys who killed christians while high*

DFx_StainD
Paladin

Post by DFx_StainD » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:00 am

FYI, The "real" Belial;

In the writings of the Qumran sect the devil emerges as Belial, the Spirit of Wickedness..
Actual Definition Of:
Assassin: One of a secret order of Muslims that, at the time of the Crusades, terrorized Christians and other enemies by secret murder committed under the influence of Hashish(Marijuana) *In short, guys who killed christians while high*

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:02 am

eh?

MrSpecs

Post by MrSpecs » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:17 am

ahhhhhh! :cry: my computer sucks monkey wang. ahhh man it really stinks man subby wanna come bite its head off? or anything you find that is closed enough to a head? grrrrr

dang i need a job. heh save up a thousand bucks and could get a decent 1800+ althon based system with about everything ill need in the 5 years. yes this computer i have was top of the line 4 years ago and now it freezes up on the internet like a mother. knowing all the junk i have downloaded i proboly have a few virsues on here...heh dont have any protection software. oh well mabey if the net starts sucking enough my dad will get a new one, cause thats all he uses the computer for. ok im done rambling and sorry if the word wang offened any one. i was gonna use a few others but then decided it was best not to.

-reese roper

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:20 am

Ric said I'd be given at least 5k extra allowance in the army back when he was in the army. I'll be using that to get me a new rig. ;)

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:31 am

i take a state test in 2 weeks for my HS diploma, if i pass i get a new comp from my parents, if they come thru that is :-| ... one can get a pretty good sys with $2500 :mrgreen:

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:51 am

2k can fetch a pretty decent system over here..

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:15 am

you can get a top of the line, maxed out gaming machine here for like 3k.. my first comp was 3k, didn't even have windows on it (windows wasn't out yet hehe), that was top of the line back then too

ShadowCaster
Paladin

Post by ShadowCaster » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:44 am

yea, I need a new one too. my dads nice though he said he's help me buy a new comp by matching the price of what ever I save, eg. I save $1500 i get another $1500, so I'm planning on geting a nice machine. Any suggestions?

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:26 am

theres a really powerfull dell you can get, i forgot the exact one's name, but its the highest ranking game machine in computer gaming world's last issue, highest ranking including price, its like $2.5-3k, where as the slightly faster machines cost 5k, those are the vodoo's and eagles and stuff

or you can custom order a super rig for like 3k, meaning specify each piece, you can get an extremely good computer this way, for not too much money :mrgreen: check some computer sites for the latest hardware ratings

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:35 pm

New entry to Subby's Vault. You'll find a new QotM section as well as a new piece fitted with 3 wallpaper sizes.

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:23 pm

dude check out those alien computers. they make like gaming comps, looks sweet.
=0

DFx_StainD
Paladin

Post by DFx_StainD » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:25 pm

And you can get a nice one from 'em for only $999.
Actual Definition Of:

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:33 pm

Dragon Full-Tower Case (340-Watt PS) (Space Black)
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.53GHz 533MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache
Hi-Performance Heatsink/CPU Cooling Fan
Intel® D850EMV2 Motherboard w/1AGP/5PCI RDRAM
Standard 1.44MB Floppy Drive
512MB RDRAM PC-800
80GB Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 7200RPM 2MB Cache
16/48x IDE DVD-ROM Drive w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
PlexWriter 40/12/40A CD-RW - IDE - White
NVIDIA® GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/128MB Dual Monitor
KoolMaxx Video Cooling System (Standard Chrome)
SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 w/1394
Creative Inspire™ 5.1 5300 Speakers - Black
107-Enhanced Windows Keyboard (Space Black)
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB (Space Black)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System
Aliencare Toll-Free 1-Year 24/7 ONSITE Warranty
Personalized Owner's Manual
Optimized & Configured for High-Performance
FREE Custom Alienware® Mouse Pad

Price: $2816.00

http://www.alienware.com/main/system_pages/area51.asp

nice eh?
=0

ShadowCaster
Paladin

Post by ShadowCaster » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:34 pm

*drool* mmm...

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:40 pm

Dragon Full-Tower Case (340-Watt PS) (Space Black)
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.26GHz 533MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache
Hi-Performance Heatsink/CPU Cooling Fan
ASUS P4B533 Intel 845E 478-pin Pentium 4 Motherboard DDR
Standard 1.44MB Floppy Drive
512MB DDR SDRAM PC-2100
60GB Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 7200RPM 2MB Cache
16/48x IDE DVD-ROM Drive w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
NVIDIA® GeForce4 Ti 4200 w/64MB Dual Monitor
KoolMaxx Video Cooling System (Standard Chrome)
SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 w/1394
Creative Inspire™ 5.1 5300 Speakers - Black
107-Enhanced Windows Keyboard (Space Black)
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB (Space Black)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System
Aliencare Toll-Free 1-Year 24/7 ONSITE Warranty
Personalized Owner's Manual
Optimized & Configured for High-Performance
FREE Custom Alienware® Mouse Pad

Price: $1884.00

there ya go

The Hive-Mind is best suited for those individuals who require more than just a basic gaming setup, but don't currently have space in their budget for an Area-51. The Hive-Mind packs more punch than our Grey system and features and Intel Pentium processor. Be prepared, this system is truly out of this world!

This package is available as is for the price listed above, or you also have the option of customizing it to meet your existing needs/wants. See for yourself what all the hype is about!

http://www.alienware.com/main/system_pa ... e-mind.asp
=0

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”