Baldurs Gate Unofficially revamped! READ ON!

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.
HashCasper

Baldurs Gate Unofficially revamped! READ ON!

Post by HashCasper » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:38 am

Okay, so maybe I don't have the source files to the mod eh, well no problem. since I love this mod. and wanted to spice it up for myself to play, I have taken the entire data\global\items\ folder out. Sorry, great mod but {filtered} item graphics. Now the only problem is that i can't see those huge charms, since there is no graphic for them in the \items\ location. If anyone can tell me which ONE or two files I should pack into the mpq file which will fix this problem and start showing the charm. I went with a dc6 browser and looked at every single file in the items folder, I could not find the charm graphic.

Secondly, I have replaced 54 monster tokens. The original BG mod IS EXTREMELY STINGY on new monster graphics. I figured, why not add a touch of BG. Though it has added about 40 MB of monster graphics, it looks SWEET!
Thirdly I replaced experience.bin with a custom .bin file that gives 250 levels total at a higher leveling rate. This in my opinion was needed because of massive amounts of unique/champion monsters lurking about making the game a little tedious and hectic instead of fun. Now I havn't been playing this mod for a while, and havn't really found a lot of info on it except the website and these forums, please answer this question for me.

Are the Uniques and Set items disabled in this mod? I have been playing for a while now without getting a single unique/set drop. anyway, this is it from me. If the people responsible for working on this mod care for my help, i'd love to give it. I am playing diablo/BG all the time, and have some ideas for it too. Not only that, I have modding experience, true I havn't been modding long or been posting long, but I'd like to see a new BG version soon, and if a diabloholic like me gets to work on it, Im sure I could get another version out in 1-2 weeks.
I loved SIR Generals rune mod panels. The most original and beautiful artwork I have seen. I actually also went ahead and tried replacing the panels for inventory/quest/wp/stash/cube/char stats/ BUT not skills. Now I had to edit the invChar6.dc6 file from the rune mod so that the positions of stats would show up corectly in the text field boxes. Its pretty cool, one dc6 with 8 frames. I replaced the borders and everything and got rid of teh dragons in BG mod. (for mana/health). Looked pretty sweet.

I mean I don't have access to the original BG mod txt files, and I don't know how to edit .bin files or if they can be edited? I don't know, but I know one thing, I love this mod and would LOVE to work on it. The folks responsible for its development, if you are reading this, please consider my request for working on the bgmod with you. It might speed things up.

P.S. Please tell me how to post screenshots, I want ya'll to see what I've done with the mod.

"Genesis is the book where the herb was blessed, everyday I read the text and take another drag" -Barrington Levi-

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Re: Baldurs Gate Unofficially revamped! READ ON!

Post by Paul Siramy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:26 am

About the screenshots, you can't post them directly, it has been disable. What you can do instead is upload your screenshot somewhere and put a link to it in your post.

About the other infos, before anything else I'd be glad to now the current state of the BG Mod. You'll understand that we can't really explain how to rip from another mods.

You look very motivate tough, so maybe another way is to made your own BG Mod from scratch ?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Joel » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:27 am

*This topic has been moved from General Mod Making to Baldur's Gate Mod*

Try to contact Eisead to see what you can do together.

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:12 am

You took out the item graphics? Man, thats one of the best parts in this mod!! And no, sets/uniques aren't disabled, just there are very few of them and they are hard to find.
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Jugalator
Paladin

Post by Jugalator » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:39 pm

And I thought the graphics was really pixelated and "blocky". I agree with Hash, but what would be really nice is those new items, but using better graphics. But I guess that isn't possible since they're of lower resolution or whatever in Baldur's Gate and that's why they look worse. :(
From my death I do rise,
from the ashes I do thrive.
From the deepest boils of hell,
my own death I do dispell.

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:44 pm

Inventory pictures were pixelated mainly because I had to stretch the images from the Infinity Engine to fit the Diablo inventory. The colors are warped because I used the wrong palette back then. Note that those inventory graphics were generated by me in the bulk. Very little attention to paid to tweaking them as they're mainly placeholders to replace the stock pictures entirely. There were plans for me to fix the palette but I got too busy and the project was handed over to Eisead. He has a batch of images that are half-fixed.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:00 am

I still havn't gotten a reply from eisead. I have posted on the forums and sent a private message. Could you please let me work on the bg mod with you. Or if its not too much trouble, could i have a copy of the txt files for my own personal use. So that i can modify what i need and play myself to death in single player. Maybe the only other ppl that would get a copy of this from me would be my younger brother so that we maybe able to play together, and if he makes a change he thinks should be in, then we both can... well u know where im going with this. I know you don't kow me, and I can't give u any reason to trust me, but, if you did, you can rest assured your mod files arn't going anywere.

So, pretty please, i beg of you, please let me work on the mod with you, or let me have a copy of the txt files.
i'd love you forever and a day. thanks
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:16 pm

Well, I'm no longer working on the project. Hell, I don't even have Diablo2 installed now. I appreciate your enthusiasm but Ric and I have handed over the project to Eisead. Although I still have the files and access to the FTP, Eisead now has fully authority over BGmod now and I respect his authority, therefore I wouldn't give you the files. I'd, however, advice you to wait for Eisead to reply to your PM. He's probably busy in real life and will get back to you eventually. Meanwhile, just chill and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. :D

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:29 am

Tisk Tisk Hash

For you amusement as well as the amusement of the entire community of people, I had been busy for the past five weeks. The first two were because of school, the third was I decided to wait for more news on 1.10, the next two I was out of town volunteering my time at a leadership camp.

Now here’s the funny part: I loged on today, first to check the mod review fourm because apperanty Maxx had posted something; but I had a private messege (I assumed it was Phrozen wanting to know when He’d get his next mod review). I check and it was the ambitious mod maker. I looked at the data, June 2; Hmm, this guy might be thinking I blew him off, I better check to see if he’s even posted anything in the past four weeks.

I go and check I find these two very interesting topics. One flames me, and other disgraces me. Luckily (or maybe not) for you I’m a tolerant and understanding person. I’d be sort erked if I had been ignored for a month.

Mr. Hash; I have PM you with a reply. I like your focus and I like your head first approach to problems. But watch the attitude, as a long time poster to a new poster, yelling, screaming, whining and name-calling will get you nowhere but trouble. So check you’re spelling before you click send if you know what I mean.

If your not interested in helping out still, then let me know so I can have this moved to the non-hosted mods fourm.

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:04 am

Eisead, I'd very like to help, but I'm no modder...
Can you tell me what can I do for your mod, 'cause I like it very much and would love to contribute something.... :)
Musst conssume, or oblivion will take uss...

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:56 pm

My bad, I apologize, sorry. :)
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”