Complete 1.06 Bugs - report everything here.

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Flare

Re: Complete 1.06 Bugs - report everything here.

Post by Flare » Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:10 pm

In act2 normal (dont know about other acts, when i look at the staff quest it says "<dud quest txt - inform modder >" Thought id post on how to do it. If it has been posted before i dont know and im too lazy to look :)

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:42 am

In act2 normal (dont know about other acts, when i look at the staff quest it says "<dud quest txt - inform modder >" Thought id post on how to do it. If it has been posted before i dont know and im too lazy to look
I would assume this is from the old messed up Staff code. To make a long story short, I'd just pretend it has some really cool quest type text there. Or unless Ric or Subby know the actual reason then don't worry about it ;)

Falic_Choder

Post by Falic_Choder » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:03 am

Ok well i came across this bug while in Ancients Way its an Assertion Failure (I dont really know what that is...)

Assertion Failure

Expression: hSkill

Im not sure what all this means but Im assuming is something I did and not a bug...just wanted to report it anyway.

Also its seemed to have happened once my Artic Wizard learned Hurricane...its probably irrelavent.

Falic_Choder

Post by Falic_Choder » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:20 am

sigh...

ok apparently the conjurer merc crashes :-|

Assertion Failure

line #2863

nIndex !=0

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Smith's Pride problem...

Post by Profound_Darkness » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:30 am

The site sais that Smith's Pride x5 and a magical weapon/etc. will give you a rare (x1 through x5, x5 best chances). I tried a tobar axe (steel prefix, fire/flame something sufix) with 5 smiths prides (just barely got the 5th) and nothing.... x4 didn't work either... x3 did though (and I got a sweet axe for my shapeshifter).

I haven't had any non-d2 bliz bug crashes tho so I am happy on that one (only done a sorcie to act3 norm and shapeshifter to act2 norm).

btw, I gather that 1.06.1 is being worked on... (hope).

On a side note: I have done some light (mostly cube) moding of d2 so if ya want I can go through and trace down bugs as I find 'em (right now I am playing the game just about the whole day on weekends).

DE_Mannoroth

Post by DE_Mannoroth » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:54 pm

I just recently dled the mod and whenever i try to use a heal potion it crashes. :x It's done this with all 7 characters, multiple times.
Last edited by DE_Mannoroth on Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAIN IS AN ILLUSION

Clgames returning, 01.08.2003
http://clgames.tripod.com

Clan Elite
http://elitesonline.tripod.com

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:34 pm

[quote=DE_Mannoroth";p="90232"]I just recently dled the mod and whenever i try to use a heal potion it crashes. :x It's done this with all 7 characters, multiple times.[/quote]

This looks like a problem with the modded dll files... make sure you installed the mod correctly, with the dlls in the right place.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:19 am

@Profound_Darkness

In normal there are caps on the amount of potions you can use on an item. In nightmare and hell difficults you can use more. Its not there are bugs, its that most of the stuff on the web site is from 1.05, a little outdated :mrgreen:

@DE_Mannoroth

Yes, make sure you have the .dll correctly installed. Remember this is 1.09b[/b]

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:56 am

I think ive found one, dont know if anyone has said it yet. In act 1 and 2 nightmare, you can only buy one life and one mana potion from the vendor, then they dissapear. Act 3 4 and 5 work fine.
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Chiffa

Boo? Cell?

Post by Chiffa » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:50 am

I've found one more...
It was like this - I found something named Boo and something named Perfect Cell. I thought - here I will see your perfect new items, but alas... they looked like normal charms... I thought it's because they are not identified, so I went to Cain... but once more they looked like standard charms...
Then I saw that their magic was +45 or 75% defense... but once more they did nothing - my defense has not been changed...
Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be like this? :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Chiffa on Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Musst conssume, or oblivion will take uss...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Boo? Cell?

Post by SubSanity » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:28 am

[quote=Chiffa";p="111645"]I've found one more...
It was like this - I found something named Boo and something named Perfect Cell. I thought - here I will see your perfect new items, but alas... they looked like normal charms... I thought it's because they are not identified, so I went to Cain... but once more they looked like standard charms...
Then I saw that their magic was +45 or 75% defense... but once more they did nothing - my defense has not been changed...
Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be like this? :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Ric and I messed up with the unique charms. :roll: :-| :mrgreen:

Chiffa

Re: Boo? Cell?

Post by Chiffa » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:52 pm

[quote=SubSanity";p="111683"]Ric and I messed up with the unique charms. :roll: :-| :mrgreen:[/quote]

I'm sorry for you.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:36 am

Uh I found a bug playing a necro the other day. I found a wand with plus one to Resurrection, when Resurrection isnt in the skill tree. Resurrection is the same thing as Revive btw.
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:41 am

Xenobi, it's not a bug... on the website they said there are some skills - item-only.... resurrection is one of those....

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:25 am

Is there a special picture for Elven Mail +1?
'Cause I found one, it looked like normal Sylvan Chain, but when I identified it, it disappeared... it was there, I could see all the stats, but there was no picture... :cry: :cry:

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:00 pm

I'll be closing down this thread. As it is no use to me anymore. Thank you all that posted you bugs.

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”