Need info of BGmod please

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

TeRSeuS

Need info of BGmod please

Post by TeRSeuS » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:17 am

Hi ^_^
First of all, sorry for my poor english, I'm spanish :)

I'm trying to found all the information of the BGmod v1.06 (Baldur's Gate mod), I mean the info of the runewords, cube recipes, unique items... I was search in google, and in this forums, but without results...

I was try to read it from the .bin files but the format of the cubemain.bin is strange... there are some "item codes" that I can't find the name... and don't found detailed info of all the .bin files that I need in the resources of this page...

So, please, if anyone can help me by any way (help finding the info, help with the .bin files, with the item codes of the BGmod... giving me the info ^_^) I will thanks him a lot, I don't know where search the info that I need, and I read ni some posts that the BGmod is one of the bests mods of the 1.09...

Well, bye, and thanks if anyone help me :)

PD: So, thanks to all the webmasters and all the people that colaborate with this page, it's a good work ^_^

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:58 am

There is no way to extract the onfo from the .bin files.
Have you read through the BG mod forum?
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

TeRSeuS

Re: Need info of BGmod please

Post by TeRSeuS » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:51 am

Yes I do it, but there are no complete information about the mod, the unique info that I see there is in this post, but the info was extracted with a software and isn't the official info.

So, how can be impossible to read the .bin files? if Diablo2 do it, why can't be?
Last edited by TeRSeuS on Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:33 am

The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”