BG Mod kicks total arse

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.
Venom

BG Mod kicks total arse

Post by Venom » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:18 pm

lol newest memeber of the forum is Venom. HAHA this thing rocks. I just have to say you guys have made the BEST (and only) D2 mod I have ever tried. It kicks total @$&. Now I downloaded it last night at 2 in the morning but its awsome. Hoping to become one of those peeps with 5 swords and stuff... maybe I was looking at the old posts... oh well. Anyway thanks for a great mod and i'll keep in touch (i have a lot of questions to ask for now).
Can I die? Someone please, oh please kill me. Chop my head off, stick a shovel up my ass, I don't care. All I wanna do is DIE!!!

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:03 am

yes maybe one day you will come to dominate. just like me :mrgreen:
=0

Venom

Post by Venom » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:43 am

dominate? i'm confused
Can I die? Someone please, oh please kill me. Chop my head off, stick a shovel up my ass, I don't care. All I wanna do is DIE!!!

Venom

Post by Venom » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:45 am

By the way can anyone tell me what's wrong with the demon spirits? They appear quite queer. Level 200 level req? I understand the godly mods but level 200? I asume its a bug but if its not and the max level is 99+ that will be so kick ass.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:55 am

No it's not a bug.
The demon spirit is not intended to be worn but to be an item to use for casting Summon Glabrezu by the Necromancer.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Venom

Post by Venom » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:32 am

OK so its not a bug... but why does it have a level requirement of 200?

AlphaMaz
Paladin

Post by AlphaMaz » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:33 am

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkee ... php?t=1781

^ClIcK HeRe 4 FREE Pr0N!^

Okay, maybe not - it's the official thread of the demon spirit thing. Okay, maybe not officially official, but it's officially a thread! Bah! Just click on it already! 8-O
The Real Maz

Venom

Post by Venom » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:26 pm

Wait wait so what you're saying is that I should sell them since they are useless to a level 14 Barbe... er... Berserker? Woah Mamma I'm filthy rich then. I got like twenty of those things in different shapes and sizes. Thank you to all who give a damn. I already moved off the topic "BG Mod Kicks total arse" with the demon spirits but i see SubSanity didn't realize that. Oh well thanks for not banning me from the forum, too hehe.

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:35 pm

I still do not understand why he gave them a 200 char level requirement. All he had to do was make a specific itemtype for them in itemtypes.txt, and not assign any 'bodylocation' to that item, thus making it unwearable.
Human beings are foolish. They lack the ability to learn. They make the same mistakes over and over, yet still they do not change. They live each day only to consume, like a repeating loop in a program...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:28 am

Apocalypse Demon" wrote:I still do not understand why he gave them a 200 char level requirement. All he had to do was make a specific itemtype for them in itemtypes.txt, and not assign any 'bodylocation' to that item, thus making it unwearable.
Good point :P

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:49 pm

Subby! You're BACK!!!!!

*hugs SubSanity, tears freely flowing down cheeks*
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Venom

Post by Venom » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:23 pm

Hey Demon if you're so smart why don't YOU do it. Just kidding. Good point by the way... but to new BG dlers it would be quite odd. Here's my idea, though I have to give the main credit to Demon. You all know how on charms it says "Keep in inventory to gain bonus" or something like that. Well you can change the item properties (i.e. what Demon is saying) and make it a charm-like item, where you have taht little text saying "Used to create _____ (Necromancer only)" or something. You write whatever you want... I'm just givin the idea.

P.S. Welcome back Sub

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:32 am

you can use the Demon Spirits for quick cash and..

GAMBLE!!!!!
zac503" wrote:yes maybe one day you will come to dominate. just like me :mrgreen:
I thought it was us 2 :(
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:37 am

Venom" wrote:Hey Demon if you're so smart why don't YOU do it. Just kidding. Good point by the way...
I don't have access to their game files, or I would have done it. Atleast that's what I did for my own items that don't have uses(besides for summoning or cubing) in my mod.

Hey SubSanity, I finally got those Mephits done...finally, you'll be able to replace those QuillRats with the BGII Mephits. :)
Human beings are foolish. They lack the ability to learn. They make the same mistakes over and over, yet still they do not change. They live each day only to consume, like a repeating loop in a program...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:12 am

I'm always around.. somewhat..

Apocalypse_Demon, if you want the files, you could ask for them :P Or the FTP access where we share files.

Just mail me with the dccs when you're ready. :)

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”