Any Tips for a Newbie?

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

MuiMuiZai

Any Tips for a Newbie?

Post by MuiMuiZai » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I am totally new to this mod.....I had always been playing D2 LoD...until I come across this mod....This mod is great...really great!!

So is there any guide for a newbie? I started playing this mod 1 week ago... and I am confused with the runewords, items and stuffs..

Currently, I am playing in DVR open Battlenet....anyone wanna join me? I am living in Asia..my time is GMT+8.. I am playing alone in open battlenet...which is kinda lonely...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Any Tips for a Newbie?

Post by SubSanity » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:16 pm

Fellow countryman ;) I'm enlisting tomorrow afternoon and will leave you in the good hands for these fair folks here.

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:05 pm

I thought DVR didn't support it because of the .DLL's..

anyways, with the 1500 in gold you got, you could start with getting some decent wares. Play to what you want (such as not putting too many points in energy if your going to make a meleemancer) and don't waste stat points, because it takes a while to level (unless you do the Players X, but it takes even longer because of the boosted HP.

If you find demon spirits, I suggest selling them for some good money and gamble for what you want. Its either me but I seem to get lucky and get good rares 30% of the time I gamble, which isn't bad for D2 mind you.

I haven't experimented with builds in this mod, since I'm testing out all the skills as a druid. :) Oh, and I suggest getting a mastery sphere of hte weapon you use all the time to help you out in the attack rating department, it may not matter in normal. Because Nightmare and Hell can be a pain.

Hope this helps :)
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

MuiMuiZai

Post by MuiMuiZai » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:24 pm

Hey thanks for the reply....

Subsanity....enlisting?? Good Luck....I finished mine...long ago...haha

DVR Server is supportable for open Bnet only....not closed on thou...

Weapon sphere are for berserker class only?? is meleemancer a necro?? I have currently made 2 chars....one Conjurer...and a sorc....

What skill should i focus on?? I notice there are some skills can only be found in items only right? Are Assssin or Bounty Hunter any good?

The merc in the game are cool....they have many different skills not like D2 so boring... The gems and rune..crystal..sphere..are very confusing.. but interesting too..I can't find any guides about them... runewords too...

My friends and I are currently playing....If anyone wanna join me in DVR server....find me....my userid is "sabaeryo"...i usually play in the evening to late at night my time....

Pls give me more advise, ppl....thanks!

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:08 pm

sorc and necro? You'd want the magic sphere, since it has fast cast, and mana regneration. Further on you'll get more mana powers with it as well.

You can use the weapon spheres for any class, the bezerker has that mod because he can already do masteries as it is while the other classes cannot. It would apply the damage and attack bonus with whatever weapon you use (sword - sword sphere: spear - spear sphere, etc)
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

MuiMuiZai

Post by MuiMuiZai » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:50 pm

Can anyone tell me what is a sphere amulet??

Falic_Choder

Post by Falic_Choder » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:14 am

Just check the website it explains everything there I think.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/bgmod/index.html

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”