TFW: Awakening alpha 2 and patches !!

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

TFW: Awakening alpha 2 and patches !!

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:38 am

The adventure continues...

TFW: The Awakening v2.00 (alpha 2) - get it here.

Why an alpha release? Well, as those of you who have followed this mod since it was announced I would convert files to v1.10, I haven't gotten as far as I should by now. This alpha includes all the TFW items, affixes, recipes, user interface and some special extras, but there is still plenty of work ahead on skills, monsters and levels before the TFW experience is at its full. So I hope you are interesting in helping out, many eyes instead of my two, to catch any bugs I haven't been able to find.

Check it out, give it a whirl, and let me know what works and what doesn't in the Awakening Bug Reports thread.

You must be running Diablo II v1.10 on a Windows PC, or have damned good emulation. All the 1.10 files are present except game.exe, which you must supply. Please read this tutorial on dual / multi- version running if you are not running v1.10. I am told Microsoft's VirtualPC is good for running D2 mods on a Mac, but for the money you could probably get a low-level Windows machine.

Running something other than Diablo II v1.10? Read the Multi Version Tutorial.

What is in it for me?
  • All the items, working runewords, cube recipes, skills, hirelings and user interface from TFW: Ancients, plus some new user interface features.
  • All runewords in v1.11 are included, including the ladder runewords that are in the local file.
  • Expanded areas, a few area surprises. More coming!
  • Tougher monsters, and deadlier /Players X effects. No monster HP rollovers if you get carried away.
  • Revised! Skill books for all skills (certain skills may crash for certain classes).
  • Revised! Two new rogue variants, more on the horizon.
  • New! Sigils of Achievement - based on your kill counters (see page 2 of character stats).
  • New! Unsocketing recipes.
  • New! More music.
  • New! Difficulty names in a TFW theme: Anger Arising, Heart of Rage, Unleashed Fury.
One credit is missing in the readme file! Many thanks to SVR for the code that eliminates sockets from an item.

Tell Me More!

:arrow: Official TFW Web Site - Ancients and Awakening mods

:arrow: TFW Fan Site - dedicated to the Awakening mod

:skullflash: TFW Wiki!! :skullflash:

Not familiar with FilePlanet? Brother Laz sez...

How to download from FilePlanet 3.0

1. Click on the download link.
2. Get redirected to the FilePlanet main page.
3. Don't panic.
4. Click on Login. Not Subscribe. Login. Subscribe is for paid accounts.
5. Sign up for a free Gamespy ID.
6. Log in using your new Gamespy ID.
7. Try the download link again.
8. You now get redirected to the file's download page.
9. If you get redirected to the main page again, turn on cookies in your browser settings.
10. Pick a free server.
11. If no download servers show up or you get File Not Found, try again.
12. Download.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:09 am, edited 14 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: TFW: The Awakening alpha 2 released!

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:50 pm

Patch a2p17

Please download the a2p17 patch file. It will replace the CubeOps.dll, D2Win.dll, Fog.dll, SkillPrereq.dll and tfw.dll that came with the original TFW release (ignore same size and timestamp warnings), and add new dlls and a patch file, tfw-patch.mpq, with the latest non-code updates.

As mod development continues, I will update the patch file, so you won't have to download the main file all over again.

Please read the fix list before reporting bugs, there are still some known issues to be addressed.

[align=center]================================
Revision History
================================[/align]

They say no good deed goes unpunished, and a mod release is no exception! After reading several bug reports, I found out I had not pulled a critical file into the release mpq. Yes, folks, there is a graveyard...just not in the download. If your 40MB+ patch_d2.mpq has a file date of 3/15/06 6:40pm, it has the bug.

:oops: :oops: :oops: 8-O

[Edit 3/16/06] Patch a2p1 released - fixes graveyard crash.

[Edit 3/17/06] Patch a2p2 released - corrects some balancing issues.

[Edit 3/18/06] Patch a2p3 released - cube recipe tuneup, fix for no key drops, bigger key stacks.
A real readme file is now available (first draft).

[Edit 3/19/06] Patch a2p4 released - fixes Andariel's Lair sizing bug. New copy of readme.

[Edit 3/20/06] Patch a2p5 released - fixes bugs with Horadric Staff recipe and item upgrade key/chest recipes.

[Edit 4/7/06] Patch a2p6 released - new skills developments by GuyAskingQuestion, and a legion of bugfixes and enhancements.

[Edit 5/4/06] Patch a2p7 released - some monster changes by GuyAskingQuestion, plus bug fixes and the usual handful of minor changes. Debug files now appear in the mod directory.

[Edit 5/18/06] Patch a2p8 released - bug fixes and minor improvements. Incorporates the new SkillPrereq.dll that eliminates the disappearing "skill points required for next level" information in skill descriptions.

[Edit 5/26/06] Patch a2p9 released - hireling improvements and bug fixes.

[Edit 5/28/06] Patch a2p10 released - rebalanced hirelings, finally fixed the class jewelry rewards, changed to new difficulty names. Keep an eye on equipment requirements!

[Edit 6/02/06] Patch a2p11 released - minor fixes to act 5 merc description and Skill Book stat order.

[Edit 6/04/06] Patch a2p12 released - treasure drop changes, minor interface enhancements.

[Edit 6/22/06] Patch a2p13 released - treasure drop changes, monsters toughened in Heart of Rage and Unleashed Fury, Sigil of Achievement tiers revised, other adjustments.

[Edit 6/25/06] Patch a2p14 released - at long last gold keys and chests! Better champion drops, some new monster auras.

[Edit 7/05/06] Patch a2p15 released - a few old friends may stop by! Be afraid...be very afraid. Reduced monster thorns and added more monster auras. A few other miscellaneous tweaks.

[Edit 8/11/06] Patch a2p16 released - mildly better chest and key drops, fixed bad armor references in Athena and Adept sets, can access Cow Level regardless of killing Cow King.

[Edit 12/30/06] Patch a2p17 released - some bug fixes and a change in the Countess's Tower.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”