New Player - Some Questions

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

Jakebow
Champion of the Light

New Player - Some Questions

Post by Jakebow » Thu May 22, 2008 6:40 am

Just got into the mod. (Yeah; i'm alittle late.. lol)
Had a question. Is this mod still updated? I read the readme and saw that there are some features not in the game? I'm getting myself addicted. =) I don't know if it's been brought up but; the Act 1 Rogue isn't the best fighter at times. Often or not; she ends up standing still while being beatin to death.

Otherwise i'm diggin the mod. I hope it continues to get updated.
(Though I don't think it has in a long time..)
You have conquered, and I yield. Yet, henceforward, art thou also dead - - dead to the World, to Heaven, and to Hope! In me didst thou exist - - and, in my death, see by this image, which is thine own, how utterly thou hast murdered thyself. - Edger Allan Poe

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu May 22, 2008 8:19 am

The rouges are as bad as vanilla, but if you give them enough damage they won't be found in that situation. Both Myhrginoc and GAQ are very busy atm but i think they are still working(check Myhrs personal gallery)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Jakebow
Champion of the Light

Post by Jakebow » Thu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Alright. Cool :)
Yeah I figured as much about the rogue. I've been trying to throw some more equipment on her as I type here. Do the chests (Normal Chests) found have any other purpose then cube recipes; as in; can they be opened?
You have conquered, and I yield. Yet, henceforward, art thou also dead - - dead to the World, to Heaven, and to Hope! In me didst thou exist - - and, in my death, see by this image, which is thine own, how utterly thou hast murdered thyself. - Edger Allan Poe

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu May 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Nope they're only for cubing, like many other materials
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Jakebow
Champion of the Light

Post by Jakebow » Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Oh okay.
I wonder when the Beta will be released. =)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: New Player - Some Questions

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri May 30, 2008 2:11 am

Sorry to say, not any time soon. As reported elsewhere, family business keeps me too busy, the features I have lined up for the beta have to wait until I can finish the coding I was working on when the s hit the f.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Jakebow
Champion of the Light

Post by Jakebow » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:55 am

I understand. :)
Was just curious. Do you think that you'll ever get time? Would be awesome to see this mod start anew with people, having a brand new update. :D

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: New Player - Some Questions

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 pm

I was hoping the crunch would end in mid-June, but now it looks like October or thereabouts.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”