Fury Gem Knowledge Base v1.02 (update 4)

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

ILoveZyEl[DK]

Re: Fury Gem Knowledge Base v1.02 (update 3)

Post by ILoveZyEl[DK] » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:55 am

I have a question to the fury gems. Do my character become corrupted if i for an example put 500 gems with +1 defence in it, or is it only when the gems are different?

FARS-MAND

Post by FARS-MAND » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:24 pm

i think its only if you put to many diff. gems on eatch items

think max is about 35 diff.
....-fromHELL

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pmpch » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:40 pm

I updated "Additional Information", see top, that should explain your question. Added a "Trading Chart" aswell.
Last edited by pmpch on Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Fury Gem Knowledge Base v1.02 (update 4)

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu May 29, 2003 4:56 am

The biggest problem with too many gem mods on an item, or too many mods altogether, is the limit the game has in communicating between the server portion and the client portion. Even in single player, you still have both portions---just on the same machine. All mods on a single item, and all mods a character is using in total, must fit within the 1952-bit buffer used to assemble communication packets. That isn't a lot of room, especially when you add more bits to each property in order to increase its permitted range. The Zy-El mod hit this wall rather heavily, and TFW is another mod with high risk of encountering this limit. It isn't a bug, it is that Blizzard never expected the game to need more packet space---and in their model of D2 it doesn't. The TFW mod crew will not be able to adjust this limit, and it is doubtful Blizzard would for Patch 1.10 (but we can always hope).

If you run into this limit, you need to pull one or more items out of inventory, probably with a character editor. The message you will see is

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptBuffer->nCurByte * 8 + ptBuffer->nCurBit + nBits <= ptBuffer->nLength
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Thu May 29, 2003 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

NeoGenocide
Paladin

Post by NeoGenocide » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:18 am

someone should ask bliz to do so for all modders
I don't know how long for sure but soon my site should be up and running.
Content of site:
Lists of- Crafts, Sets, Uniques, Runes, Fury Gems, and misc items.
Other content- Newb Info, Andvancing your play level, Character showcasing, maps(actually "directions" not maps) and cube recipes

uLiKo
Champion of the Light

Post by uLiKo » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:31 pm

You should add the bow Doll Branch to the list of weapons that creedites work in since it's better then Versitale Arch in some ways (high max damage, 112 if I remember correctly) while Versitale Arch only has 97 but the minimum damage kinda sucks but so does Windforce's and still everyone uses it. And the fact you can add 511 creedites to the Doll Branch + other f.gems isn't that bad either.

112*(1+ED/100)=Damage
So with 511 creedites and 6 ED jewels over 120% you'll get 1231+ ED
112*(1+1231/100)=1490 max damage + 127 from max damage f.gems
I know 120%+ ED jewels isnt easy to find and almost no-one but the real hardcore gamers got them but those who doesnt play that much a Versitale Arch is good enough.
Those who just used that calculation for Versitale Arch saw that the difference weren't that big but the more %ED you get (from the rest of your gear and skills) the more the max damage difference will show.
Besides I've never seen a Versitale Arch with over 400% ED magic/rare since I havent seen/found on of Scaring.
Of course crafted bows has a good chance but then you'll loosa IAS/MIN/MAX Damage on the bow and some extra ED (you'll miss ED anyway).
http://www.againsttcpa.com/
Don't let them take your rights!

Ayane

Post by Ayane » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:25 am

i'm new but i love fun and if u ask to many question get ready to become grownd up meat :twisted:

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pmpch » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:20 pm

uLiKo";p="109965" wrote:You should add the bow Doll Branch to the list of weapons that creedites work in since it's better then Versitale Arch in some ways (high max damage, 112 if I remember correctly) while Versitale Arch only has 97 but the minimum damage kinda sucks but so does Windforce's and still everyone uses it. And the fact you can add 511 creedites to the Doll Branch + other f.gems isn't that bad either.

112*(1+ED/100)=Damage
So with 511 creedites and 6 ED jewels over 120% you'll get 1231+ ED
112*(1+1231/100)=1490 max damage + 127 from max damage f.gems
I know 120%+ ED jewels isnt easy to find and almost no-one but the real hardcore gamers got them but those who doesnt play that much a Versitale Arch is good enough.
Those who just used that calculation for Versitale Arch saw that the difference weren't that big but the more %ED you get (from the rest of your gear and skills) the more the max damage difference will show.
Besides I've never seen a Versitale Arch with over 400% ED magic/rare since I havent seen/found on of Scaring.
Of course crafted bows has a good chance but then you'll loosa IAS/MIN/MAX Damage on the bow and some extra ED (you'll miss ED anyway).
I've never seen "of scaring" on a bow, so I assume bows can't have that suffix. You can get a cruel one though, but those aren't too common, alot of reroll cubing. A good crafted bow has 400+ ED%, and has about the same damage as a magical cruel with maxed out MIN/MAX dmg. The big advantage of "cruel bows" is their IAS and the +7 SKILLS.

According to my calculations a Doll Branch would require a minimum dmg of around 30-35 to keep up with a good Versatile Arch.

Anyway, I'll add that. Tnx uLiko
Last edited by pmpch on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

cryo

Post by cryo » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:30 pm

About creedites and the 1% ed - +1 max damage issue. Why not put them in gloves, in fact why not put all suitable gems on gloves instead of weapons? This way you can always use the best weapon you find and you're not sorry for wasting those fgems on a weaker weapon.. There are indeed some good gloves in the game, but I think it's worth to buy a nice pair of gloves, make them rare and socketed and add all the gems you like... For example, with my bowazon, knowing that i might not be able to put creedites in bows, i bought a pair of crane claws, because of the open wounds stat, and start fgemming them. Am I missing something if I don't put them in weapons?

Also, a friendly fgem bug. Even if the required level to use the fgem is not met, you are still able to transmute it to an object and use its stat. What's the point of the clvl requirement then?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:50 am

The clvl requirement doesn't affect any cube recipes, fgem or otherwise. A small code edit allows a mod maker to put level requirements on individual recipes (e.g. you have to be L70 to use an L70 recipe). But we never did find a satisfactory way to put a level requirement on the actual item spawned in the cube, unless it was spawned with an affix from the magicprefix/magicsuffix list.

The new patch changes this, so expect level-enabled and level-limited output recipes in the future.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

legionofgods

Post by legionofgods » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:28 pm

awww....Oh well , i only craft on my zon ne ways :lol:

uLiKo
Champion of the Light

Post by uLiKo » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:55 pm

Magic find is not capped at 127% but at 155%.
Extra gold from monsters is not capped at 255 either, don't know the max yet as I just broke 255 on my helm.

LordOfMars

Post by LordOfMars » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:40 pm

cryo";p="113504" wrote:About creedites and the 1% ed - +1 max damage issue. Why not put them in gloves, in fact why not put all suitable gems on gloves instead of weapons? This way you can always use the best weapon you find and you're not sorry for wasting those fgems on a weaker weapon...
Orn pointed this out to me and I did a little research. %ED is much more effective on the weapon itself, and is calculated differently.

From the ES Guide to Bowazons:

Weapon Damage = (base dam * ethereal bonus) * (weapon %ed +100) / 100 + min/maxdam on weapon

Total Damage = (weapon damage calculated above + min/maxdam not on weapon) * [dexterity + %ed not on weapon, including skills and auras + 100] / 100 + (elemental/magic damage)

Multishot is factored in at the end, that means total damage, including elemental/magical damage, is multiplied by 0.75

Even though that was written for Eastern Sun, it applies to all D2:LoD Mods. If you want mega damage, put your best ED jewels on the weapon.

Thx, Orn.
The Martian Warlord

uLiKo
Champion of the Light

Post by uLiKo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:33 am

The +max/min is added before the ed bonus:
Damage = (base + min/max) * (1+ed/100)
Also, IIRC +min/max from gear is also added before ed bonus, not 100% sure on this and can't check since I'm not at home.
So:
Total dmg = (base + min/max) * (1+ed/100) * (1+ed_skills_gear/100)

LordOfMars

Post by LordOfMars » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:38 am

uLiKo";p="142887" wrote:The +max/min is added before the ed bonus:
Damage = (base + min/max) * (1+ed/100)
Afraid you're wrong on that one, uLiKo. In fact, I just tested it in single player to double check.

I took a normal six socket phase blade. Damage 31-35.

I added 100% worth of ED from jewels (with no other damage properties.)

The damage changed to 62-70, as expected.

I then added jewels with +10 Min and +15 max (with no other damage properties.)

The damage changed to 72-85. If the +Min and +Max were added before the ED%, the damage would be (41-50 x %200) or 82-100.

And yes, for the second multiplier, the one multiplying by Str or Dex + ED% not on weapon, the +Min and +Max are added to the calculated damage with weapon before the second calculation, but not before the first calculation (the one for the weapon itself), like I posted above:
Total Damage = (weapon damage calculated above + min/maxdam not on weapon) * [(dexterity or strength + %ed not on weapon, including skills and auras + 100) / 100] + (elemental/magic damage)
Last edited by LordOfMars on Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Martian Warlord

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:10 pm

Now that TFW: Awakening alpha 2 is out, I wanted to confirm that the information in this thread is still true in the main. There are a couple of changes, of course.

#1 - Ametrine is no longer +1 to all skills. With 50 levels of learnable skills plus all skills on books, that becomes too unbalancing. (Nor do I want a complete knockoff of Zy-El.) The gem now provides +1 to maximum resist magical as a shield and belt mod only.

#2 - You cannot add fury gem mods indefinitely to items. The cube recipes top out when you have 30 internal mods. Each attribute you see might contain multiple internal attributes (e.g. poison damage has four), so you will certainly have less than 30 visible mods. This is to avoid the display errors that crash the game. Although the fog error I wrote about a while back doesn't apply to v1.10, the buffer itself is no larger, so this limit should also keep item complexity from becoming a problem.

Please report in the bug thread if something doesn't work as described in the readme or here.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:15 pm

should f51 be "Chalcopyrite" rather than "Chiastolite"(f52)?
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

oldboy
Paladin

Post by oldboy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:34 pm

horan";p="275720" wrote:should f51 be "Chalcopyrite" rather than "Chiastolite"(f52)?
i put 3 Chalcopyrite into the cube and transmuted them and got one Chiastolite. as it is writen in the pdf file from the first post on the first page by pmpch.

3 Chalcopyrite => Chiastolite

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:43 am

horan";p="275720" wrote:should f51 be "Chalcopyrite" rather than "Chiastolite"(f52)?
The scrolling list in the post was wrong. I corrected it and put in the Ametrine change for the new version. I cannot do anything about the pdf, however.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:11 pm

just a quick question:

in the "FGEM Map" section, for f01-f19 there's "GT"(Glacial Trail), while at the same place, others are "CV". what does "CV" stands for here? thanks~

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:05 pm

I'll go out on a limb and assume CV should have been GT. I updated the list in the first thread post (but again have no cure for the pfd). Perhaps pmpch was thinking "caverns". But all other columns continue throughout the chart unchanged, so by context this one should also.

Keep in mind the map chart is for TFW: Ancients! We have not modded levels.txt in significant ways (other than monster appearances) for TFW: Awakening. (I want the warp table first, then I will go wild.) So the fgem map list won't help for Awakening. And because I will use a different system for the special areas, the distributions won't be the same. The original team didn't have the option of additional levels, so they had to cannibalize from existing maps to get the special areas.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 pm

all right, got that boss! (asking this for the fan site)
just cant wait for the additional level~!

Xhin-Yao

Post by Xhin-Yao » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 am

Note: Morganite for me only seems to add 1% Faster Run/Walk.

I'll note any other typos or whatever here and stuff.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:20 am

That is correct. It came up elsewhere, but not in this thread. There are a number of stats that could not be defined in smaller jumps than +5 or +5% before v1.10. The new version increments everything in +1 / +1% steps.

With one exception. (Every rule needs an exception, no?) Amber gives poison damage, which does not smoothly add up in single steps. Players of earlier versions (even in v1.10) might remember the "0 damage in 1 second" lines. In order to eliminate them, I had to accept the stat would increase irregularly. C'est la guerre...
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”