V&K V.1.92 Great!

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

nadmad

V&K V.1.92 Great!

Post by nadmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:16 am

Hi V&K & Friends,

Really appreciate that you still keep the game alive with more and more fun. Just a personal thing to share with you as the reason. I'm hooked in games, esp the Diablo 2. My wife is not a gamer. But, for God's sake. She hooked in the game too. She tried following me to pick up money and items for... sale (then give me the money for gamble). We spend the time together so good.

I'm playing V&K Mod 1.92. Great. Love your idea of "Tougher but not unfair". Also love changes you made in the version. The powerful Kick, the weaker Blade (force me more active with Martial Arts)

My char Assassin Lv 32 still have some problems.
1/ Wake of Ice magic isn't working. They aim to the monster but do nothing. I tried on 2 PCs. Faced the issue in v1.90 and also noticed some member faced it too.

2/ When I wear my stuff of "better change to get magic items" about 450% or more, I don't feel LUCKY at all. In gambling as well as in battle. Only found 2 Green Items by... Gambling.

3/ I'm wearing a battle stuff which increase my resistant of all to 75% (only Light resistant is lower, about 55%). When I use the magic FADE which increase my resistant about 30% more, All of the resistant stop at 75%.

I'm using WinXP SP1, AGP Geforce MX400. Thanks for your reading

Elessar
Paladin

Re: V&K V.1.92 Great!

Post by Elessar » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:45 am

Welcome to the ME mod community :}

On Wake of Ice:
I as well as a few others have the same problem. If I recall, Khan doesn't know what it could be, and the bug seems picky too. A couple of us have multiple Dark Elves, some that display the Wake of Ice graphic, and some that don't. Rest assured, however, it does target, attack, and deal damage (you should be able to see the hit graphic for the attack), it just doesn't show the blast of ice.

Set items by gambling:
That's possible??? I've been playing this mod since the first version, and I've never managed that (and I don't recall anyone having mentioned getting sets items by gambing), so assuming this is the ME mod we're talking about, you are definitely lucky to have found 2 set items by gambling:}

Resists:
Resist cap is 75%. TO get it higher, you have to find items that increase maximum resistance (different from increasing total resistance ). I think they can take you as far as 85, don't recall actual number so might be more.

Take care :samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

Myst_Lynx

Re: V&K V.1.92 Great!

Post by Myst_Lynx » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:36 pm

you can get set items and even uniques from gambling... only problem is that you have a better chance of getting hit by a plane that has been struck by lightning then gambling a unique

BRS

Post by BRS » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:30 pm

Uniques&sets - it is possible. I never managed that.
max res is 95%. Aim for it with +max fire/cold/lightning/pioson res
rikk

Return to “V&K Mods”