World of Warcraft?

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Amtiskaw
Paladin

World of Warcraft?

Post by Amtiskaw » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi everyone,
Lately I've been playing some ME mod again due to my woW capable PC being out for repairs. Yup, I'm a traitor :oops: , I no longer consider ME mod the best game I ever played, World of Warcraft takes first place now - it has its problems, but is still a veryvery good game IMHO.
How many of you are in WoW now? What do you think of it?

If you happen to be on the EU Dragonblight server, you might meet my WoW main, Zefla - be sure to say hi if you do. ;)
...thi starz ½ moovd.

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Re: World of Warcraft?

Post by Malifrax » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:29 pm

I had the same "problem" for a while when WoW came out, but now I've gotten over it completely.:roll: I agree it has a lot of nice features (quests, skill/spell implementation, combat features, beautiful artwork, etc.), but just like Battle.net, the community is absolutely horrible (many players that are hateful, bigoted, self-absorbed, etc. :cry:) and, as a result, it has turned me away from the game. I'd probably play the game singleplayer if there was an option, which I could partially do now online, but I don't want to pay per month to solo in a multi-player game. Hopefully you continue to have a better experience than I had over the next few months, which is probably likely since you're on a European server.

For now, I'm currently playing some D2 (mostly Middle-Earth Mod and Zy-El :twisted:) along with some very occasional Sacred (I really want to like the game, but it seems to lack some of the addicting qualities D2 has). I was also playing Dungeon Siege 2 when it came out, hoping for it to replace D2 for me, but unfortunately it has lackluster replayability.:( Maybe once some quality DS2 mods are produced I'll try it again, but unlike DS2, there's no hope for World of Warcraft to ever reappear in my gaming habits unless some drastic changes are made.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Elessar
Paladin

Re: World of Warcraft?

Post by Elessar » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:17 am

Hail!

I mostly play WoW right now, US Lothar. I dabble in ME mod when my time constraints don't allow playtime in WoW (it takes a long time to do any real questing in WoW). WoW is a fun game, and I enjoy playing it, except that my quest log usually ends up full of quests I can't do without a group, heh.

Sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with players in WoW, Malifrax. I have great company when I game, as I'm playing with many of the same people I've been gaming and chatting with for the last 6 years :} My experiences with those outside my guild have not been completely terrible either, though there have been a few annoying people. Just gotta surround yourself with the good ones so the bad ones can't get through to you :}

ME mod is still among my top favorite computer games. I haven't updated LoD from the last standing version of ME mod specifically because of that. I prefer ME mod to LoD.

Take care, and just in case, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :}
:samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

Return to “V&K Mods”