Not enabled runeword?

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Oldih

Not enabled runeword?

Post by Oldih » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:59 am

After a long lasting runehunt I finally upgraded enough runes so I had then "officially" over 40 HR`s in ME mod.

However, I got funny idea to test as I had 3sock Jared Stone, dunnoy why though.

I putted 3x Elen runes in it (+8 all skills 80% PDR, not bad), but suddenly it gained indestructibility mod and it had unique name "Arelen"

So, is this not enabled runeword or what it is then? :roll:
A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Elessar
Paladin

Re: Not enabled runeword?

Post by Elessar » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:04 am

In one of the last couple of versions, V&K put in recipes such that if you fill a socketed item with all of one kind of rune, it amplifies the power of that rune. "Ar" simply means "high" or "royal" in Sindarin, the Quenya equivalent being "Tar." This signifies that it's better than the original :}
In short, you get the effect from the runes, plus a portion of that rune's effect.

From the CubesnRunes file, they work as follows:

2 Runes amplify recipe:
Two equal runes in a two socketed item grant a reduced effect of the corresponding rune (in addition to the two runes)

3 Runes amplify recipe:
Three equal runes in a three socketed item grant a slightly reduced or equal amount of effects of the corresponding rune (in addition to the three runes)

4 Runes amplify recipe:
Four equal runes in a four socketed item grant an improved effect of the corresponding rune (in addition to the four runes)

5 Runes amplify recipe:
Five equal runes in a five socketed item grant nearly two times the effect of the corresponding rune (in addition to the five runes)

6 Runes amplify recipe:
Six equal runes in a six socketed item grant twice the effect of the corresponding rune (in addition to the six runes)

(for example two Kir runes in a weapon create the runeword "Arkir" which grants +200 attackrate and +22 dex deriving from 2 times +75 attackrate plus a +50 bonus from the runeword and two times +8 dex and +6 bonus from the runeword)

Take care :samurai:
Elessar
Last edited by Elessar on Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

Oldih

Post by Oldih » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:58 am

n one of the last couple of versions, V&K put in recipes such that if you fill a socketed item with all of one kind of rune, it amplifies the power of that rune. "Ar" simply means "high" or "royal" in Sindarin, the Quenya equivalent being "Tar." This signifies that it's better than the original :}
In short, you get the effect from the runes, plus a portion of that rune's effect.
I noticed this in yesterday when I was checking one cube recipe but still, I do not understand where that indestructibility came from.

But anyway, thanks again :cool:

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:28 am

MP.

Btw, I went looking on both the forums and the files in the mod, and could find nothing that would hint at how this indestructible could come about. I'm just going to guess until proven otherwise that it's a "feature" of either certain Ar- runewords above a certain level or of a certain number, that somehow Khan forgot to mention :}

Take care and enjoy :samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

Oldih

Post by Oldih » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:14 am

I'm just going to guess until proven otherwise that it's a "feature" of either certain Ar- runewords above a certain level or of a certain number, that somehow Khan forgot to mention :}
Could be, but it was kinda wierd after all.

Anyway, not noticing that amplify effect earlier was my fault but that indestructibility is weird :cool:

Return to “V&K Mods”