D2 LoD Original or this mod ?

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

No votes

Total votes: 0

NalaCin

D2 LoD Original or this mod ?

Post by NalaCin » Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 am

Hi all, new here.

A friend of mine told me about this fantastisk mod which really makes the game more fun.

But i have some questions :

I really wanna play this fantastic game again with my girlfriend, miss it alot, but is this mod still the best of the best vs the 1,11b patch ?
I know the difficulty lvl is upped alot so you dont just charge through the game, but is it ''bug free'' and is the changes so significantly and balanced and not too difficult so you pull you hair out ?.

Why all these questions, is becuase i played my barb on realm and apparantly blizz dont like idle players, so my account has been deleted, so now i wanted to have fun again, and have a character i can show my friends and play when i want without the chance for it to get deleted.

So i just want to be 100% sure so i dont lvl a char and regret it afterwards.
Last edited by NalaCin on Fri May 18, 2007 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elessar
Paladin

Re: D2 LoD Original or this mod ?

Post by Elessar » Sat May 19, 2007 12:15 pm

Well, to answer your first question, I find the ME mod more fun than regular D2/LoD. I think it's fairly safe to say I have some of the best stuff, but there's hope of me getting better. I didn't even bother upgrading LoD beyond the last working version of the ME mod. I haven't played any other mods, however, as those I've had a remote interest in have pretty much died in development, so I can't give you a comparison to other mods.

To answer your second question, there may be a point where you decide to turn the difficulty up to Players 4 or so just for the heck of it, depending on your character, and you may even keep at that until well into Valar difficulty. I don't remember what bugs may still be seen in the final version, but at this point they are small and few in number.

I don't play the ME mod much anymore, but I do go back at times, I still have all my chars, and I enjoy them.

Hope this helps.
Take care :samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

NalaCin

Post by NalaCin » Sun May 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Thx alot Elessar, that helped alot.

Just wanted to be 100% sure before i went on lvling a char.

How is the story and items compared to the original, i know the names have been changed, and is there still cutscenes and how about the NPCs who gives the quests, dont you get confused when they say names that arent there ? :-).

(do you by any chance have a paladin with that name and play WoW on agrammar ?)

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Sun May 20, 2007 11:52 pm

They changed the story to be sort of an odd Middle-Earthish tale, and renamed the important items. For example, the Horadric Cube in the ME mod is "Feanor's Cube." Diablo is Sauron and his soul stone is "The One Ring," with a changed graphic as well. All the NPC text has changed to fit the new story.

As for items, well, uniques aren't the end-all-be-all of items. It's possible to get rares much better than many of the uniques, though it takes some luck as well. I've been hoping to find the best elite Dunadan/Paladin shield so I can turn it into a really nice rare, but no luck so far. The shield I have right now is quite nice, but I can still get better. Sets can be nice for lower and mid levels, but you'll shed them by Valar diff for the most part.

No, I do not have a Paladin on Agrammar named Elessar. I do have a Paladin named Auros on the US server Lothar though :} He/I are members of the Valar Guild, a 10-year old guild of Tolkien fans, many of whom used to play the D1ME mod back in D1 days (our older members at least) and many of those same the VK mods that came before with only hints of Tolkien flavor. We play many games, but I think I may be about the last member still playing the ME mod in any amount :} Many of us have moved on to WoW and LotRO, mostly LotRO right now.

Elessar

NalaCin

Post by NalaCin » Mon May 21, 2007 11:36 am

Thx alot Elessar, you are too kind to have answered all my questions.

I must after playing just 20 mins that the difficulty is crazy compared to the original.

To compare, i started a original game and i butchered all of them with ease and cleared the first dungeon quest.

But then i tried th MEmod and all i can say is auch, i ran out of Hobitton and there 3 skellie archer was waiting 1-2-3 shots dead, ran out 1-2 shots dead. I have heard there is some nasty creep combos in the start, but still it should be possible to kill 3 ugly skellies.

So my last question is, will this continue or is it becuase i lack armor and good weapons becuase i had a hard time killing them too. Then i hopéd they had upped the xp per creep but its still about the same as in the original, so i just have just get used to have a hard time and dying all the time till i get better gear ?

Nala

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Mon May 21, 2007 12:00 pm

It'll be like that for one, maybe two levels. After that you should notice everything go back to "normal." After that it'll just be a couple of tough types to beat every now and then, but you should be able to take most stuff like normal.

I don't recall what to attribute this particular difficulty starting out to. but it does go to a normal state and then scales in difficulty as you progress, don't worry. Make use of gems at these low levels too. That's when they're actually useful for something besides the cube recipes.

Elessar

Return to “V&K Mods”