Changes/Suggestions

Information and updates for the Seasons After mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Har'lea'quinn, enq

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Changes/Suggestions

Post by enq » Tue May 28, 2002 8:34 am

View the old thread here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkee ... 00411.html

The Druid will always be able to cast spells in this mod :)
I just like that feature too much to change it.

Some of the Druid's elemental skills will be nerfed (I remembered I changed them to these levels before he could cast them in Wereform and never balanced them - :roll:
would it be possible to add a resist all passive bonus to maybe say ravens
Sadly this is not possible :(
Act1 somewhat hard at the beginning, but i managed.
This is the plan for outside towns: The towns are under attack, basic idea but it suits the overall game :)

Undead are going to remain they way they are in regards to leeching, I do plan to put some more mana regen/mana after kill/demon-heal things in.
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

KillerForm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by KillerForm » Tue May 28, 2002 6:31 pm

hey enq, did you try the mod nezermontias????????? its Super mod, you must try it, and then make some changes like there!!! hehehe, well, take some ideas, but improve them

and put the level 250 level up system (not the fast one)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue May 28, 2002 9:11 pm

would it be possible to add a resist all passive bonus to maybe say ravens
I don't know if I understood, but wouldn't adding resistances to the ravens in monstats.txt do the trick here? Of course the resistances would not increase with the skill levels, but at least it should help a little...

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue May 28, 2002 11:11 pm

Killerform: I have not tried that mod as yet - will look into it.
And no to the level250 system - editing all the monsters to suit such as system would take far to long.

Alkalund: Good idea :D That would work out quite well to balance the Wolves against the Dire Wolves.
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Wed May 29, 2002 5:36 am

Why would raven's need resistance anyways? They die after X number of hits they do (doesn't matter if it connects or not) Now the bear on the other hand..
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

cash_alpha

Post by cash_alpha » Wed May 29, 2002 3:52 pm

what i meant was to add a passive resist bonus on the raven skill... not for only just ravens, but all summons, like wolves have passive life bonus, and bear has dmg bonus etc...
"Man id hang out with zach more if he carried a gun"

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:36 am

I understand now - sadly that kinda .dll work is way over my head :(

I did change the Spirit Wolves so that they now have resistances: 5% in Normal, 10% in Nightmare and 20% in Hell.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Xphalo

new suggestion

Post by Xphalo » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:05 pm

Hey iam new to these forums, althought i have browsed over them for about a year looking and waiting for mods..i like ALOT but i was forced to delete heaps as they were frying my computer (dunno how but caused heaps of problems). i still wanna play yours althought i am having d2install trouble.....i cant wait til it gets fixed....hmm enouf blabbering

i was wondering if u could incorperate a druid shapeshifting skills tree similar to the one in Eastern Sun beta 6 FIX..(with perfect cells permission of course)..it allows alot more customisations and lets chars be a druid bear early on, which is cool!

but if u think this would out balance ne thing plz tell me.

thanx

i give your mod the :beer: (thumbs up even if it is a can of beer)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:22 pm

I kinda like the way I currently have the Druid shapeshifting tree - you can use Fury with both shifting types though they both have their own skills as usual (Feral Rage, Maul etc).
The problem I can see with having Werebear available at level1 is that you would get quite a lot of extra life and damage from that one skill :(

I do plan to remove the need for Werewolf to get Lycanthropy - not sure why I didn't remove that before really hehe ;)
i give your mod the (thumbs up even if it is a can of beer)
Thanks dude :) - if not a glass of bear maybe a really sore thumb ;)
Music (GeorgeFM)

Xphalo

Post by Xphalo » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:06 am

Sorry u missunderstood, i like the way that both can use fury too,but it is like this also in ES,

if you goto the es home page and to the pictures section, look at beta 6 pictures (the new 1s) and then look for shapeshifting tree.

but you are probaly right that wear bear would add too much life damage and defense, but then again lycan is lv 6 (or 12 cant remember) which would change it alot .

ne way just look at the picture as to see at wat i am getting at.

thanx
As the fierce battle rages on,the party fallen to the might of the Strogg...the INCUBI laughs
"and u thought u could challange me"
his voice echos in the heads of the fallen warriors..

Xphalo

Post by Xphalo » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:42 pm

http://www.planetdiablo.com/es/images/b ... dtree2.jpg

this is the complete address for the picture i was talking about...

thanx[/img]
As the fierce battle rages on,the party fallen to the might of the Strogg...the INCUBI laughs

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:11 pm

The only difference I can see bewteen the SA and ES trees is that Werebear and Lycanthropy have been changed - right?.
I didn't get to test the skills though, I just jumped into a game and looked at the tree layout.

If I was going to change the tree in my mod, it would be to move Werebear to level1. I do want to do this only the damage thing is an issue so what I may do is rebalance that skill.
There is some .dll editing I would like to do to Werebear also but that may have to wait a little.

I can't say I like Lycanthropy at level6 as that means you have 6 levels of only 40 seconds? (less?) of shift-time :(
Music (GeorgeFM)

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:23 pm

I just played your mod until the end of act 2.
And I must say that I really like it :)
You did a good job of balancing and modifying skills. I play a trap assassin and enjoy her overhauled traps, hehe.
Now I can finally rely on her ninja-star throw skill, the stylish but former useless Blade Fury :)
BTW, is that physical damage? So does Venom work with it? Does it leech?
EDIT: It seems leeching is not possible. Is it magical damage then? Or, no, it's probably because it does not use any weapon effect :( ?
And, could you maybe add claws to the gambling screen?
I also would love to see the crafting jewel recipe in Seasons after!

Well, good job, if my time allows it (studying with exams in front of me...) I will play it extensively :)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:21 am

Claws are not in the gamble window!?!
Crap if they aren't that's a bug - easy to fix though :)
Done now :)
If I get time this weekend I'll upload a new version with this fixed (I am working during the elections here in NZ so just have to see :)) - I also finished up the German translation last night :D

The entire right-hand side skills from the Assassin's Traps tree do physical damage.
Middle does fire and the left does lightning :)
I doubt that Blade Fury could leach as it does not need a weapon to deliver damage (that just seems to be the trend). I'm also not sure about Vemon working with it.

As for jewel crafting - I may still do that I just have to think of how not to make it overpowered yet worthwhile at the same time.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:00 pm

Thanks for the info and the claws :)

I also liked to improve gambling in general but I assume you won't, huh?

Some monster should drop specific stuff, right? Well, Andariel and Duriel both dropped the Rogue's Bow. Just bad luck with Duriel (I read that Andy is supposed to drop so)?

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:15 am

I did improve gambling with slightly better chances to get rare, set and unique items but I don't know how to improve on the numbers I currently have.

Yep Andariel (in Normal) always drops Rogues Bow - I'll be listing them on the site after the next patch :)
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:20 pm

Heh, I got version 2.02.

Just a bit of a wierd thing though.

Why are the claws with mods on them at least 20K in gold? o_O :cry:
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

Xphalo

Post by Xphalo » Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:19 am

i was wondering if you could change (once again) the druid shape tree so wearbears (or wolfs depending on how you look at it) dont need 1 point into the other form in order to get the good skills?....this would prolly lose a lot of the character of the tree thou as the skills are ment for both forms and i suppose require both to enable them...it is just that...in your .02 patch u moved wearbear to lv 1...and removed the requirement on lycan of wolf but yet u still need to put 1 point into wolf in order to get ne good skills?...

if u dont understand ne of that tell me...ill rephrase it but i hope u c wat i am sayin.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:00 am

There is no real point to removing the need to have Werewolf/Bear as you need those skills to even use the shifting skills like Maul/Fire Paws etc.
I see what you are saying though - it's not good that you need both sides of the tree to get to use the skills in the centre of the tree but I did this for balance.
I am still thinking of making Rabies and Shock Wave requirements for Fury ;)

Ideally what I want to do is have it so that you use Werewolf in some places and then Werebear in other situations.
Music (GeorgeFM)

RavingMad

Post by RavingMad » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:38 am

Well... suggestion... fix the french thingy :)
-"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."-Albert Einstein--

mikotian
Paladin

Re: Changes/Suggestions

Post by mikotian » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:23 am

i would love it to be able to buy gems in game :)

Return to “Seasons After”