What am I doing wrong?

Information and updates for the Seasons After mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Har'lea'quinn, enq

Samael212

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Samael212 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:57 am

Okay. So my friends reccomendations, I give this mod a try.

Here's what happens.

I select pally -- I have a soft spot for pallys -- and head out to see what all the fuss is about.

I run out of town, and almost immediatly run into a gang of four champion quill bears, surrounded by eight or nine of the little quill things. I die. Quickly.

Okay, Give this aonther try, run out barely manage to grab my body... Die again.

Third time must be the charm, right? I run out, grab my body, and run away from the evil evil evil qill bears. Right into some soem champion skeleton archers. I die again.

Did I mention this was on the very first area?

What am I doing wrong here? Is this supposed to be this frustratingly difficult? I had to recover my body three times within the first five minuets of playing.

Any advice? Hints? Secret nuclear weapons hidden in the armor?

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:04 am

I wouldn't call that a normal starting experience, rather a very very hard spawn of monsters - I've had a couple of those myself ;)

While this is a possible spawn it is not the norm - usually you get a few Skeleton Archers and a few Quill Rats about.
I generally find myself running around the Skeletons to get to the Quill Rats and Zombies using hit and run tactics while dodging the arrows :o, until I can start to take on the Archers and Quill Bears.
Also I generally recommend having the game set to players 1 to 4 to start with :)
Another way to play if you tend to like the challenge of players 4+ I recommend a run/monster dodge all the way to the Den of Evil, get a couple of levels, pop out of the Den and break some skeleton bones :mrgreen:

I kinda wanted the first area to be harder than before as I always wondered why the towns were not under heavy attack from the monsters so that's why there are some creatures in the Blood Moor (Skeleton Archers and Quill Bears along with bosses and champs) that are above your level and quite hard until you get a few levels under your belt.
It's also why I gave characters some slightly better starting equipment to help balance the difficulty a bit more :)

Just a note on the Pally: Don't throw any Throwing Clubs with him - it seems to crash the game after a few are thrown (I think it has to do with an animation error and this problem is Paladin specific :( )

I hope that was helpful, it did get a bit longwinded hehe - anyway let me know how you get on :)
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Return to “Seasons After”