Assertion Failure (!?!)

Information and updates for the Seasons After mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Har'lea'quinn, enq

No votes

Total votes: 0

ex-vault13

Assertion Failure (!?!)

Post by ex-vault13 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:39 am

i keep getting this assertion failure game freezing blood-boiling crash (lvl 2 Assassin, near the camp, v3.20d MPQ):

Assertion Failure
Expression : nLevelDiff > 0

I'm using WinXP. If it might help, I've been getting this also using Ancestral Recall mod (assertion failure but not exactly like above) and regular LoD....

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, amazing mod so far, real classy feel from what little I've played. The lighting, the new-looking armor (probably one of the best I've seen, including the original Lod) and the ideas are all impressive.
Last edited by ex-vault13 on Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Re: Assertion Failure (!?!)

Post by noELrunes » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:54 am

what you said about the other mod you play..

are the patches conflicting with each other?

are the wrongs .DLL's in place?

I don't know much about errors, perhaps try reinstalling the mod again *shrug*
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

ex-vault13

Post by ex-vault13 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:15 am

Update: my lvl 2 Necro is doing fine. So this seems to happen only to my assassin. Also, previous to this happening, my assassin (same one) all of a sudden got to lvl 99! Then the Assertion Failures started....

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:40 am

Sadly, I don't have a clue as to what that error means :(
I also had a database error when I tried a forum search - I'll give that another go in a while and see what happens.

All I can suggest for the moment would be to reinstall the mods - check the install paths etc (though everything should be sweet if other characters are working fine).

Due to you getting the error in two mods and regular LoD I am tempted to suggest a reinstall of D2 :(
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:57 pm

Code: Select all

Assertion Failure 
Expression: nLeveldiff > 0
This error usually happens when a character has less experience than needed to be on the level it currently is. When you kill a monster, the game will give you this assertion. There are other things that can cause this error, such as monster experience overflow if I'm not mistaken.

Do you got this after starting a new character? This error is most common when you use an old character with a new version of the mod, that had its experience table modified.

If, not, then it might be a problem with experience.txt, or with the experience of one of the monsters in the blood moor. enq, you might want to check those.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:46 am

Alkalund wrote:This error is most common when you use an old character with a new version of the mod, that had its experience table modified.
This may be it: I did slightly increase the experience given from monsters in the Blood Moor. On checking these values they seem to be fine: ~30-40 experience per monster as intended.
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Ico

Post by Ico » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:29 am

I get the assertion error to but for me it happens when i try start to play. I get into the menu either click singleplayer or try and hst a game and the error comes up. :break:

Return to “Seasons After”