The Defile

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:43 pm

Don't worry. I'm still working on modification. Some time ago I was writing some information for website. This week I also started Polish forum devoted to "The Defile". Some new information is coming. The new features are in development, but I will have some more time the following week (eek, this week :mrgreen:). Please, be patient and give me some time to put these datas on website :). Tomorrow I'll finish "precious stones" feature. This will also make some new screenies. Be sure I'm still working on it, and still developing something new. Greets!
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 am

Alright sPoT!!!!!

I can't w8 to see youre version come out, but (sorry to be bothering you) will the version be releaset as a beta before final version?? If yes can I be beta tester??

Another one: why don't you update youre sig to include youre site?? I've seen the site few days ago and it look's promasing

And (if I didn't bother you too much and if you have time of course) can you write some things abou life/mana leech?? i loved what you have writen about stamina, gold & magic find. The only thing good that I have found to do whit Life and mana leech is to remove them and implement life stealing/scavange skills so to make the game more strategical
Last edited by SilverShadowHell on Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: The Defile

Post by sPoT » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:52 am

First of all, I'm very happy to got reply from you again buddy :). No, you are not bothering me. You are asking about my modification, and I'm really happy to give you an answer. Please, don't be afraid about my time or anything. I'm not an angry allmighty king. I'm just person like you :D.

I hope to release beta version and run beta test before releasing final version of modification. This version will implement first act.

[Quick answer about my signature: can't you see the text: "The Defile - My project" in my signature? ;) The link is put in my sig!)

Yes, I can write something about leeches. I'd better group it in "arrows" :):
:arrow: These statistics will appear on some (really not much) unique items. These will be mainly "morph items", which allow you to change into another creature and if this monster can leech, you'll can do it too :).
:arrow: No more aleatory magic items with leech
:arrow: Some monsters don't have blood, so you can't leech from them.
:arrow: No more difficulty lvl divisors (1/2 leech on nightmare and 1/3 leech on hell)
:arrow: Smaller leech values, really usefull anyway, but there will exist stronger stats, and leeches won't be used as primary poperty, I can promise :).
:arrow: Mana leech will be really cool statistic in case of no more mana potions - mana potions are really idiotic. Mana is rather something like spirit energy or something... No more mana potions, and really slow mana recovery. Really low mana leech values too! Mana is an integral part of my new skill system (more information is coming soon), and play really important role, so don't be surprised with value 1% mana leech on very good unique. Mana is now valuable as diamond :cool:.
:arrow: Leeches on unique items might be higher than 1%, for example 5% life leech, but it means real downgrade if you have -5 to max life and -3 to all stats on the same item. Worth of adding: stat points will be very important too. Every level you get 2 points. Better put them wisely!

Friend, if you have more question, don't be araid to ask. It's nice to give answer, and know that anyone is interested in my modification. Greetings!

[EDIT]
Today will come new information about preciuos stones and ores. Be patient :)

FRESH INFO!

In "The Defile" there will be new item type called "Precious Gems". These are special items, made especially for sold. If you sell them, you'll get money. There will be not too many sources of gaining money. Anyway it's the best way of getting some bling, bling :mrgreen:. All preciuos gems' have graphics of old, vanilla gems. There exist six gems in each category, and every gem have own graphic. There are also five categories of gems:

- Fifth class gem | contain 5 different gems | each gem can be sold for 100 gold pieces
- Fourth class gem | contain 5 different gems | each gem can be sold for 250 gold pieces
- Third class gem | contain 5 different gems | each gem can be sold for 500 gold pieces
- Second class gem | contain 5 different gems | each gem can be sold for 1000 gold pieces
- First class gem | contain 5 different gems | each gem can be sold for 2500 gold pieces

Where can I find them?
Most of people, and humanoid creatures might carry these gems. You can also find them in chests and different stashes. These can be found mostly in mine areas!

Function:
You already know their real usage, but noone knows if some recipes need precious gems'! You have to look for answer personally.

Some screenshots:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2

There also will be another item class in "The Defile", called "Ores". Well, ores are simply... Ores! :mrgreen:.

How to use?
Ores are used to refine item. If we want to use it, we must remember, that ore require to be purified first. We must use some "Blacksmith's Tools". After getting pure ore, we can mix it with item in magical bag.

How to purify?
Only Foyne (new Charsi) can purify any ore. Depending on ore, you will have to spend about 500-4500 gold coins. Then we will get "Blacksmith's Tools" ready to purify ore.

Where can these be found?
Mainly in mine areas. Some creatures might drop ores too - mainly thieves, dwarves etc. and humanoids. Some of them might be found in chests, but very little.

Screenshots:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
Screenshot3
Screenshot4
Screenshot5
Last edited by sPoT on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:09 pm

Update is coming!
What's new? Just check this topic: http://imperiumd2.phx.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10392
It's Polish forum, but don't worry about text. The most important is in english. :)

[EDIT]
Ahh, check the website for more info
Website

Here you have the topic with screenshots: http://imperiumd2.phx.pl/forum/viewtopi ... =8924#8924
Last edited by sPoT on Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: The Defile

Post by SilverShadowHell » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:16 pm

2 problems
1) I can't see the screenshots :((
2) Youre sig directs to this thread but not to youre site, you can have The Defile - My project's forum and my project's site

And I have a concernain about durability.... seems a bit too high, 200?? In my own I'm putting max dur to 30 on best items so the + to max durability will be welcomed

Everything else is sPoTlike.... uhmmm I mean godlike.... sorry, just that there is no big difference between the 2 anyways ;)

And.... are those real?? Or did you have a doctor fix them?? (I'm talking about something in youre avatar picture :mrgreen: )
Last edited by SilverShadowHell on Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:39 am

Okay, first of all. Screeshots are hosted at ImageShack, so that everyone is able to check them, yeah? Tell me, what's exactly your problem.
My sig? Hmm... That's quite good idea. I'll do it in way you wrote :). Thanks for this.

Durability - don't be afraid. This is a big surprise. Every item in game have high durability, because it can't be repaired! 8-O . I'm sure, you're wondering why? Because it brings new possibilities. First of all, every unique/set/blah/blah is permanently destructible ;). After crash, you must search for next one, but it's hard to get this item again, as every unique/set. Next point: if you achieve high level or will be able to kill most of monsters, because you are good suited, after quite short time monsters will kick your @ss again :mrgreen:. Also common items like Plate Mail are still very useable, but it's very hard to find this sort of item. Noone of Vendors sells too much armors, actually very little of them.
I haven't thought about any repairing recipe yet, but maybe... Anyway one recipe mean rather one repaired point, than full repair or something like this.

And believe me, even two or three points of defense will be nice, beacuse you can reach max 30lvl. Be sure, that you will get hard monsters everytime. It just mean, that you have normal monsters and hard monsters on one area. Normal monsters are basically normal monsters :) And hard monsters are for people who are strong and want to challenge.

For avatar - hmm. I don't know what it is. It is just a woman avatar from category "fantasy" :P

Return to “The Sandbox”