Runesmith

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Runesmith

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:13 am

Preeesenting! A new mod for Diablo II v1.11 by Zaelar.

Runesmith

Patch version: Lod 1.11
Download it here

PM at phrozenkeep to Zaelar
Aim: Zaelar
Email: Zaelar@email.com

Fast overview:
Designed to be a challenge. New skill tree organization and items provide a change from vanilla.

Story changes: None yet, none planned.

Balance changes:
A harder game in general. Monsters get a large boost to damage, and a minor boost to other stats. Monsters are no longer naturally immune to an element, but may become immune if a unique monster spawns with a mod that gives it enough resistance.

Item changes:
Uniques, Sets, Charms, and Jewels as they are known have been removed. Uniques have been replaced by customizable items that you can put in the cube with gems/runes to give them the stats that you want. There are several crafting recipies involving runes to create items with some specific stats along with some random ones. All items come with automods. You no longer need to find a weapon with an enhanced damage prefix, they come with that part natually.

Skill changes:
Skill trees rearranged, some severely, some not so much. A few new skills, several new passives, and some skills brought from other classes to make a bunch of new builds for all classes. Boost skills, a new type of passive, are also present. They max at level one, aren't affected by +skills, and require three skill points if you don't have one already, and ten skill points if you already have one.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Zaelar
Paladin

Re: Runesmith

Post by Zaelar » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:31 am

Thanks for the thread. I'll try to keep things updated regularly.

To Do list, for the most part in order to be done.

My original list had major/minor bugfixes as the first two things, but they need to be done as they are found. For the major ones a new patch will be released asap, and minor ones will likely be included when the next patch comes.

Major gameplay changes. I'd like to make a major change to each class to make them feel like your not playing vanilla.

Balance and minor changes. A new synergy here, a new cube recepie there. Likely to include a few of these every so often, as they fill the changelog and make it look professional, with minimal effort on my part. :mrgreen:

Add new content. A new dungeon for anyone thats been through the game at this point. Either some incentive to play through the game again with a new character, or something to do with an old one.

Obviously the further one looks ahead, the more likely it is that plans will need some change, so this list isn't set in stone yet.

I hope everyone enjoys my mod and a new religion is formed where people worship me. :twisted:

AlienFromBeyond
Paladin

Re: Runesmith

Post by AlienFromBeyond » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 pm

Tempted to try this out, as it seems to be a bit like Sir_General's Rune Mod (which has been dead for a while now. Let's not even go into Heaven Storm...).

Return to “The Sandbox”