Deadly Nights

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Deadly Nights

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:35 am

We are pleased to introduce a new project! Who says Diablo II mod making is passé?

Deadly Nights

Mod Maker: Deha (more to be added when team gets full, but just me at the moment)
Version: 1.10 Expansion

Storyline
A horde of monsters have taken over you're "clan" and you are the last remaining member. You set out on your journy to defeat the monsters that destroyed your "family" and exact your revenge. The evil one Baal taunts your through out your quests till he is deafted only to find out he is not your true enemy but there is much more to the world you're living and higher powers.

Item Modifications
Over 400 new unique items (items to change char appearance, add stats based on a %, and many other highly inmproved items), new item graphics for each item, over 25 new items for cubing (many new cube recipes added in which only way to get many new items), 2 merc only sets.

Character Skills
Most skills completely reworked, 2 new skills for each class. They will be reworked to make the game more balanced between all 7 character class skills. (Brought back the 1 skele per lvl on necro, gave WW synergies, lowered sorc light dmg, kept zon pally and druid same, lowered dmg on asn light traps.) All skills cap at lvl 60. 1 skill all chars get is a +exp skill, each lvl gives 5% more exp. New skills consist of; Zon has bow skill that shoots enchanted multi arrows(pure magic damage), Barb has new WC to raise DR and IAS, Pally has new aura to raise all skills 1 and more damage, Druid has new summon (dragon), Necro can more into Leoric, Asn can summon DARK creatures (kind of like revive, just 1 summon and better then revive), sorc has new cold skill (mimic of orb just casts 3-5 orbs. This is just the start and what I have done. There is much more to come on skills.

Some ideas are giving each class char a transfomation. (EX. Barb = ancient (increase stats and dmg), sorc = wizard (Increase some ele damage), asn = ninja (giving more damage and faster speed), Zon = Viking Queen (gain def bonus and damage), Pally = Angel (powers up FoH and gives faster speed)

Character Info
Max lvl is set to 750
3 stats per lvl
1 skill per lvl

Monsters
6 new monsters (will be placed as new bosses for a good prize), new graphics for a few of the old monsters.

Areas
Re-worked many of the existing areas of the map to give them a better look, and added a new level that is 6 levels deep and contains a boss on each level to kill till you get to the sixth level to fight the monster that destroyed your clan.

Other
Untill I get a code editor, none. (I dont know how to code edit)

All plugins will be listed as I get them, I am trying to make everything myself at the moment.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: Deadly Nights

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 am

Just some friendly advice:

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="299913"]Over 400 new unique items (items to change char appearance, add stats based on a %, and many other highly inmproved items), new item graphics for each item, over 25 new items for cubing (many new cube recipes added in which only way to get many new items), 2 merc only sets.[/quote]

Okay, unique items and better cube recipes. Anything else? I mean, just so I know if looking for a Zod or a useful rare armor is going to be futile or not.

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="299913"]They will be reworked to make the game more balanced between all 7 character class skills. (Brought back the 1 skele per lvl on necro, gave WW synergies, lowered sorc light dmg, kept zon pally and druid same, lowered dmg on asn light traps.)[/quote]

Actually, the sorc has overpowered fire spells, not lightning (when was the last time anyone used nova?). Ranged zon builds are weak now and the meleezon only strong against bosses, summoner druids are still laughable due to spirit of barbs sucking, and the paladin is a one trick class now (hammers, or smite, nothing else, and certainly no auras that don't add to damage).

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="299913"]New skills consist of; Zon has bow skill that shoots enchanted multi arrows(pure magic damage), Barb has new WC to raise DR and IAS, Pally has new aura to raise all skills 1 and more damage, Druid has new summon (dragon), Necro can more into Leoric, Asn can summon DARK creatures (kind of like revive, just 1 summon and better then revive), sorc has new cold skill (mimic of orb just casts 3-5 orbs.[/quote]

Shouldn't the paladin, like, get a useful aura that doesn't add damage? Oh, and the last thing this game needs is multishot orb.

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="299913"]Max lvl is set to 750
3 stats per lvl
1 skill per lvl[/quote]

You know item levels are capped way before 750? People will just endlessly farm a level 127 area and get all their items that way.

Also, 750 skill points is too much. For example, many amazon skills are on diminishing returns, but a sorc can get 90K-96K fireball damage and 158K-163K meteor damage by just maxing the skills, synergies and mastery and wearing no items. Even firebolt would do 106K-112K.

Druids would do 48K-52K with armageddon, power strike would do 25-101K damage etc.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:57 pm

thanks for your input laz. We are dropping the fire skills alot too. We just found out lastnight in a beta run for the new skills that the fire skills roll also. So if you go too high your skills will just roll. So we are working on taking down the skills damage quite a bit.

Also, the 750 skill points works fine, if you have ever played nez, it is going to be as well balanced with them. Trust me, you will need to damage to get through some of these places.

The pally skill is a lower lvl that replaced blessed aim, then the fanta skill is gone and replaced with a new skill that will act as a conv and might arua mix.

On another Note!
A little more insite on the mod.

This mod is going to place a little more faith in the cube also.

There will be multiple crafting recipes and I am boosting the effects of crafting. I am making lower level recipes to help with getting going.

The new area is about done, I are inserting the monsters. There is a super boss in this new area that will be extremely hard, made for team work, and drops EXP items. :D Dont think you can take this guy on alone either, he is the one that destroyed your hole clan, so you will have to take him on with caution.

At the moment this is it. I am posting a list of full progression below when I get the list done.
Last edited by deha_007 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:07 pm

Here I will track all the info on everything done with the mod.
Item Modifications
Item Creation - 75% (250 items)
Item Graphics - 60%
New Items - 95% (working on completely new items)

Character Skills
Zon - 100%
Barb - 100%
Sorc - 75%
Necro - 100%
Pally - 70%
Druid - 70%
Asn - 60%

Character Info
Level - 250

Monsters
Creation of new monsters - 75%
New graphics to old monsters - 50%

Areas
Creation of new "Dungeon" with stronger monsters - 40%
New graphics to old areas - 75%

Other
Untill I get a code editor, none. (I dont know how to code edit)

Plugins
Item graphics from Inventharia and RoS Mod.
Claw Viper Temple Graphic from Diabolic Studios

Just a small update on Dec 25,2006. We are working at a slow pace.. but it can be for the better!
Last edited by deha_007 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:30 pm

[quote=deha_007";p="299963"]Trust me, you will need to damage to get through some of these places.[/quote]

Okay, maybe you'll need 50K damage to get the job done. Then how about other skills that don't have good synergies and/or masteries? Thunderstorm, Nova, Volcano, Blade Fury, Venom?

Oak Sage more than quadruples your life at level 60, but level 60 Spirit of Barbs still reflects only 1.2K damage, which is neglegible in Hell.

It isn't that easy - you'll need to rebalance everything, otherwise you have a mess on your hands.

[quote=deha_007";p="299963"]Also, the 750 skill points works fine, if you have ever played nez, it is going to be as well balanced with them.[/quote]

Nez is not exactly a shining beacon of balance...
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:43 pm

There is still alot of work to be done on this, I know, but that is what the beta tests are for. We are working on the skills at the moment. There are monsters that have been inserted that make make it much more difficult and will need alot of work to be done, on this I know. We are buffing alot of the monsters alot to make it more ballanced.

As for Nez and balance it is still somewhat balanced. Also the 750 might have to be bumped down to 200, because I have found that with 750 on Nez you can "roll" your character lvl back to 1 if you get enough exp bags.

So I am going to proboly drop it down to 200 or 250 to make it a little more stable on the leveling, because I myself and adding exp potions, but only obtainable in 1 area.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:32 pm

Sorry for my absence.. but with Final's and Xmas here I had to take some time off.. The list of progresstion has been updated! Take a LOOK.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:47 pm

Do to some minor sizing problems I am having troubles posting images in the gallery.. So I am uploading them to photobucket.. they will be up soon.
Last edited by deha_007 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Last edited by deha_007 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Despite the fact that this is your mods thread, there is no reason to double post like that. Edit your posts please (like everybody else).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:57 pm

I was working on it.. but you caught me in the middle of it. IDK what happend there but it double posted and would not let me edit the other one. But I have corrected myself.. sorry

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:26 pm

looking good......I must get round to getting you those screens(tonight I promise) been working on a loading screen(fireball themed).....

Anyway from your screen shots I can already see some typos and errors:
1. the amulet slot is not aligned correctly with the inventory .dc6
2. GODS Amulate of Leech should be spelled "GODS Amulet of (the?)Leech(ing?)"
3.if the recipe for GOD items is 3 GOD items then the decs should be: "Cube with another 2 GOD items at level 25"

just a few observations ..... correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Edit : Ill fix up those "artifacts" in the menu screen around the zombies staff
and I see that you have a loading screen already but I'll send you mine anyway
Last edited by Necrolis on Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:48 am

If I put combine with another 2 then some might take it as 2 more of that item.. but with it being "other" it specificaly mean 2 different ones. And yes.. it should be Leeching.. Lol.. Sorry..

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:12 am

them you could use "Combine with another 2 different GOD items......"
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello,

I have got this mod down to where I am just working on new skills... Sorry for not updating it.. But I have been busy with School and Work.. So Progress is going slow.

I am hoping to have all new skills for my mod.. but it is proving to be a bit tiresom.. So bare with me if you are really wanting to play this mod.

But as for now.. I wont be posting much because I am taking a vacation and need a break.

I will be back in about 1 month, maybe with a alpha for you all to test out. :D

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Got next major step done with my mod. I now have re-made all town maps, most outside areas, and all boss areas.

I have added 35 more new uniques.

I have inserted new graphics for EVERY item in the game.

This is all I have gotten done sence the 6 days ago I last posted.. But I hope to have more. I am looking for an Alpha test sometime around Mid-March. For those who are wanting to get a test on this PM me and I will get back to you on all the info needed when the Alpha is ready.

Thanks and Happy Gaming,
-Deha

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:20 pm

This project has been closed for now.. it will start back up in a few months..

I cant continue with school and work on it at the same time... i assure you.. that when it is done, it will be well worth the wait. :D

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:34 am

Lockked by modmaker request. Let us know when the project is active again and we'll unlock it.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Sandbox”