Cryptic Nightmares

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Cryptic Nightmares

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 pm

We are pleased to present a new mod project by fras!

Cryptic Nightmares

Mod Maker: Fras
Version: 1.10

Story
The Diablo II story line is not going to be changed at all. I liked the original and I had no problems with it.

Items
There are going to be about 200+ unique items (that’s what I’m hoping for). New Sets to get your hands on, the sets are going to be more geared around classes, because it doesn’t make sense to have a Barbarian trotting along in robes. New Mercenary Sets (MS) that do a lot for a mercenary but have little Durability (1) and would be a waste of time to fix. 2 new class specific items so classes that have blunt weapons will now have some sharp ones or armor that has lots of defense but low strength requirements. New stat changing potions that have levels to them (ex. A level 1 magic find potion would show like this in game Magic Find Potion L-1 or something close to that. With each level they will give more MF bonuses). Gems, Weapons, Armor Oh my! They have been greatly improved and gems just became rarer. Magic Suffixes/Prefixes have less level requirement to find them. Rune drops have increased. New Rune words and new Gem words based on classes or for all classes. New Cube System Explained Below

New Cube System
Imagine using the woods you get from tree monsters. Or the scale of Diablo and then all you have to do is put in your armor and the scale and press the transmute button. Well this is what the system does it allows monsters to drop body parts or scales, ore, or any thing a monster has on its body. And put it with your Normal armor and get something better.

Skills
I’m not changing them just leaving them the way they are. I think ill give them some new synergies and better damage that is all.

Monsters
I might make monsters stronger and have better skills to cast on you. Challenge monsters are monsters that follow a build in Diablo and I would use those skills of the build for you to fight. Imagine fighting a decked out Meteorb with level 40 of it using well meteor and doing 15k 16k damage Ouch!

Hirelings
They will have better and new skills to use to help you get out of situations.

Mapping
Monster density is now a base of 2200. I plan on redoing maps to make them more detailed and more confusing to get through to give you a challenge. New training places to farm and re-run. New challenge maps.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:34 pm

i like to new cube system. can you use the upgrade on all items or only on normal items? and are these recipes recursive? those challenge monsters are really clever, they might af a bit ownage but you need a good challenge when you've taken hell baal down....
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:40 pm

sounds pretty interesting.. How much done thus far? (I know it was posted today, dont know if started before post or not)

fras
Paladin

Re: Cryptic Nightmares

Post by fras » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:45 pm

New stuff:

I plan on adding 60 new runes :)
I plan on adding 20 new Gambits (Crafting Items, with blank stats, used in Gambit Words) that look like runes but are colored
working on the 200 new uniques i got 10 ring and 10 amulets done and working on 25 new boots
Most boots are going to be colors of the rainbow (Ocean Boots is going to be a new unique and they are going to focus on blue to bad you need to be level 85 to use them :D )
After im done with making the new runes and gambits and gems im going to work on making RuneWords, GemWords, and GambitWords and MixedWords
Can some one say ill need the Dictionary.

List Of all the 60 New runes:

Po Rune
Keem Rune
Lea Rune
Gre Rune
Env Rune
Ion Rune
Cu Rune
Da Rune
Fi Rune
Ref Rune
Moz Rune
Epi Rune
Noe Rune
Jam Rune
Wir Rune
Oct Rune
Wa Rune
Ln Rune
Ste Rune
Rol Rune
Dis Rune
Let Rune
Cur Rune
Vap Rune
Bre Rune
Tj Rune
Yel Rune
Ru Rune
Dir Rune
Law Rune
Natu Rune
Bod Rune
Chao Rune
Deat Rune
Xyz Rune
Jin Rune
Jes Rune
Itty Rune
Mii Rune
Dia Rune
Baa Rune
Mep Rune
Dur Rune
Ms Rune
Af Rune
She Rune
He Rune
Win Rune
Kel Rune
Lof Rune
Zy Rune
Sap Rune
Rub Rune
Ema Rune
Moo Rune
Lol Rune
Ftw Rune
BrkRune
Pap Rune
Cryp Rune
Last edited by fras on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Working on a mod its a LAWL Production

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Im going to just leave the crafting for normal items just in case your not running into lots of magic and rare items.(if you don't find unique items its because there rarity has been increased)

i got most of the basic txt mapping stuff done and weapons and armor, gems enchantments done. I'm debating if i should use TalRange unique items or make my own
Last edited by fras on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:11 am

You could always to both.. I use some of Talon's uniques along with most I made myself.. But what ever floats your boat.. it is just nice to play a game and find something you made yourself.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:26 am

its going to be hell to get all of those runes... not to mention the gambits and whatever else you're going to add...

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:59 pm

I know its going to be soooo much rebalancing that i have to do. Most runes have to good of modifiers for there level but all runes cost the same. Im thinking of redoing runes with no ablities and just make them go up by level and rarity and you only use them in runewords and recipies and all that nice stuff. Tell me what you guys think

Return to “The Sandbox”