Midland Legends

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Midland Legends

Post by onyx » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

We are pleased to announce a new project by PureRage!

Midland Legends

Mod Maker: PureRage
Patch Version: LoD 1.13c

Story
The story at the moment is mostly unchanged. This will be done after skills and balancing (the most important part IMO)

The story eventually:
The mod will be based on the "Sword of Truth" books by Terry Goodkind
DArken Rahl, the ruler of Dahara is gathering his forces in an attempt to take over the peacefull midlands. He is searching for the 3 "Boxes of Orden" in order to gain the power of order that can bend anyone to his will. Our Hero's must fight through land after land in order to find the boxes first to prevent this.
This part of the story will involve acts 1-4 (1 box for each act and Darken Rahl in act 4).
After defeating Darken Rahl, The magical barrier between the New World (midlands/dahara) and the old world comes down. The barrier was put up 1000 years previously by wizards to put an end to the "Great War".
Once The barrier comes down, a great army called "The Imperial Order" begins flooding into the Midlands to enslave all of the New World. The leader of the Order is called Jagang "the Dream, Walker". The Dream Walkers were created during the Great War 1000 years ago. able to slip into the mind of anyone and cause unimaginable pain in order to control them, he can make Sorceress', Wizards and warriors do whatever he wants.
Our hero's must fight through the hordes to get to Jagang to kill him and stop the assault before the New World is lost forever.

This is a short version of the story in the books, readers will likely know that alot of the story isn't here but its near impossible to squeeze 11 books into Diablo 2.

Items
Many new uniques are being added, previous uniques are being kept but changed and nerfed lot in most cases.
Crafting has been improved. To craft an item you need the magical item, 1 perfect gem (dictates the type of craft), 1 gold orb (buy from vendors) and 1 set of crafting components. These are obtained by cubing unwanted unique items with a charm to add "components" to the charm, when you have 20+ you can cube it alone to produce 1 set of components for 20 points.
Sockets drop with the same frequency as gems, cubing 1 socket with a magic/rare/crafted item adds 1 socket to the item, 2 sockets = 2 on the item. etc. etc.
There is a socket bag for you to carry your spare sockets. (bag + 1 socket adds it to the bag, bag in cube alone retrieves a socket from the bag).

Runewords are being changed

Crushing blow is extremely low (1% on any 1 item is the limit and i ill probs remove it completely eventually)

New runes and runewords:
There are 8 new basic runes, 6 elemental runes and 2 other plain runes. The runes all give +1 to Power of "element", these stats are used by a skill that is aquired by making a complete runeword. The skill uses the Power of "Element" stats from all items containing one of these runes
Rune Power skill from completed runewords:
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... epower.jpg
The "and" or "of" runes will be used to build special words, for example: "Magic of War" "Flame and Ice" "Storm of War" etc.
Some runewords will be single runes for early game.

New Sets are being added and some are already done. The sets are based around chars from the books

Professions
When you start you character you'll have 3 different professions to choose from which will determine your skills, but this doesn't block/stop you from investing in skills outside your profession, but skills in your chosen profession will be able to go up to higher levels. There is much more to the professions, but this will have to be discovered by the players if the choose....

Skills
Existing skills are being tweaked and some new skills have been added. Alot of enemy only skills
Currently missing 4 mag/passives for the amazon char and the assasin only has minor changes (she isn't ready yet)

Monsters
Most new monsters are bosses, some extra monsters added to certain acts (very hard for the most part)
Enemys use new skills (beware meteors from fallen shaman when you start)
On Death counters addded to alot of enemys, fallens may spawn a twister on death to stun you, Beetles may cast nova on death, Hawks and skeletons may cast slow missiles on deth.
On hit skills added to enemys, flayers may amp you, skeletons and hawks will slow you.
Bosses will automatically heal if you don't hit them within a set time
Bosses have no hit and when hit counters (some are nasty).

Maps
I'm not good with maps yet so for the most part they ramain intact except a small few. (will change alot of optional maps eventually)

General
The mod is designed to be very hard. I'm an avid player of any hard mod I can find as thats what I like and this will be no exception. It is recomended you play with at least 1 team mate. I've been testing via TCP/IP with friends but also have hamatchi if anyone is interested.

Screenshots and some short video clips of skills etc. can be found here:
http://gamersunleashed.freeforums.org/s ... s-f48.html

I have a small forum that I'm using for now. I update very very often so if you would like to join my (very) challenging beta test. So far I've made it into act 5 normal in a duo with one friend and have another 2 chars in act 3 normal. I'm happy with the difficulty thus far.
Anything I've missed here you can find on the forum here: http://gamersunleashed.freeforums.org/index.php

Credits so far
SVR for the kill counter
Diabolic cartography for some map plugins
Inventheria for a number of items
Infinitum for a number of monster tokens
(there are more I'm sure)
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Re: Midland Legends

Post by PureRage » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks onyx :).

I'm finishing up the amazon skills today hopefully and making a start on the remaining assasin skills.

I have a number of bosses to add to act 5 also.

After that it's on to mapping, that will likely take longer as i'm starting as a complete novice mapper.

Expect all skills to be finished (for now at least) within a couple of days :)

Edit:
Amazon skills are finished.
Started on assassin skills, the trap tree is pretty much finished shadow skills have been started
Made a few minor bug fixes we found in act 3 last night
Added a rune smasher to remove gems and jewels

Few mephisto fight screenshots:
http://gamersunleashed.freeforums.org/mephisto-t83.html

After todays play test of act 4 i`ll finish up assassin skills and add some bosses i'm missing from act 5. After that it's on to map making for the side quests

Update 11 oct: Modding time has been short for new stuff as I have a few new players giving me feedback, the last few days has been mostly bug fixing and play testing.

Fixed a problem (my own fault) with tornado and moulten boulder
Fixed hurricanes description
FoH damage display fixed
3 new bosses added in act 3
21 new items that can be cubed with the personal charm added (+1 to a certain skill tab, only one can be used)
invulnerable bosses and a charm that can break it (with a penalty) added
gave some enemys some new nasty skills

still have the assassin skills to finish :roll:
seems interest in this is mainly from the sadists like me who like a nasty time of it. If anyone is interested but needs a team member (solo isn't really viable) let me know as we have 3 or 4 groups going at the min.

tomorrow night should see the assassin fully finished I hope :)

Update 16 Oct:
Lots of balancing being done, in perticular, druid spells.
Cut ALL sources of lifeleech in half
Doubled damage of all 2 handed weapons
50% base damage increase to 1 handed weapons
Doubled throwing weapons damage.
Utility bag now takes runes aswell as sockets
Seven Son's of Sin, optional sidequest added with all 7 bosses in the 1 room, each boss is immune to 4 elements.
(working on an immunity chain for this sidequest currently)
resist penalty in NM and Hell is now -100 and -200 respectively
boost to enemy skills is increased to +15 in nightmare and +25 in hell
STILL, haven't finished the assasissin skills (keep getting sidetracked), her trap tree is done and shadow tree is half done, hopefully the next update will see her finished.
Last edited by PureRage on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nightshade00123
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by nightshade00123 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Just wanted to say damn good job on those skills and everything looks awesoooome! I liked how chaos sanctuary looked to, it looked very terrifying with all the new enemies hoarding you.

Your skill tree backdrops looked amazing, took me forever to implement something not quit as grand.

Overall looks very promising.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Things are being changed often with the extra testing going on :)

Update 16 Oct:
Lots of balancing being done, in perticular, druid spells.

Also updated my screenshots with some of the seven sons
Cut ALL sources of lifeleech in half
Doubled damage of all 2 handed weapons
50% base damage increase to 1 handed weapons
Doubled throwing weapons damage.
Utility bag now takes runes aswell as sockets
Seven Son's of Sin, optional sidequest added with all 7 bosses in the 1 room, each boss is immune to 4 elements.
(working on an immunity chain for this sidequest currently)
resist penalty in NM and Hell is now -100 and -200 respectively
boost to enemy skills is increased to +15 in nightmare and +25 in hell
STILL, haven't finished the assasissin skills (keep getting sidetracked), her trap tree is done and shadow tree is half done, hopefully the next update will see her finished.

Norm has been rebalanced to be alot easier than NM and Hell, however the end of normal is pretty tricky still.

nightshade00123
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by nightshade00123 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 am

The seven son's of sin look great man. Those screen shots looked like the player had their hands full with those 2 headed creatures and all the poison.

Always good to add new challenges and new ways to test the player.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Update:

Assassin skills are finally done (yay)
Including a transformation for the melee assassin (the hit recovery may need to be sped up a touch but I'll see how it goes).
Army of One skill that causes assassins to appear from thin air and attack enemys in range.
Some minor changes to trap skills.

All stat synergies for all classes are now on the descriptions
All missiles stat synergies updated
Some minor changes to the sorceress elemental armors stat synergies.
Minor changes to the necro transformation and melee skills

Difficulty has been ramped up greatly. While trash mobs remain the same as far as kill speed goes, bosses are much much harder and take alot longer to kill.

The all caster spells have been cut in half damage wise, along with all trash monsters hp.

Weapon damages for 2 hnders increased by 100%
Weapon dmage for 1 handers increaed by 50%
Gambling improved, and better items will now spawn in the gamble screen.
15 or so new uniques added
New cube recipe to turn any item into the unique version added.
bows, staffs, javelins, spears, wands and scepters now all spawn with a random bonus to certain elemental damage (item dependant)
New necro only weapon type added

new customisable charm system added for the Lost Soul Prison (kill counter), 1 boss in each act will now drop an orb you can use to give your charm soul points, these are used to give the charm new properties via potions sold by akara.

Update 31 Oct:
Uniques are being (almost) completely removed I think. There will be a unique version of the highest level class specific item of each tier and no more. Ie. Royal shield, Crown Shield and Vortex shield will all have a unique version.
These items will be guarded by a shadow of the class corseponding to the unique. Ie shadow pally guards the pally shields.
Each char will start with a unique skill that can break the total immunity of these shadows. The pally will be the only one who can break the pallys immunity for example.

I'm completely re-doing the magic prefix and suffix files and all sets.

Component points on the soul prison will be gained via new misc items, screws, bolts, broken blades, etc. etc. Depending on the type of item, you may get 1 component point or 2 or 3.

The components will remain as crafting tools but gems will not be a part of it. Insead, there will be 8 types of crafting stones with 3 tiers. scratched for basic crafting, perfect for exceptional crafts and brilliant for elite crafts.

Magical items will be the basis for creating a custom item. You will be able to upgrade the item with the crafting stones. Ie = magic armor + scratched blood stone (crafting stone) in the cube will produce the magic armor with +1% life steal and 5 to life. Increasing the level req by 5 with each use.

I will make a set based around each class tree for levels 20, 40, 60, 80 and 95. They will contain a maximum of 4 pieces per set.

The sub class system will come into play more with this setup and will be implemented once the items are all done.
There will be 8 sub classes (each one coresponding to a seperate crafting stone). each sub class will gain a bonus to that crafting/customising type based on character level

Update 01 Nov:
Lots been done over the last few days:

Completely overhauled the summon tree's.
Crafting system has been changed. Crafting Stones are now used instead of gems.
Components are gained via steel orbs and metal shards now instead of uniques. These drop with the same frequency as jewelery
Uniques are no longer in the game except for a few special ones
Rares and magic items can now spawn with much better stats. For example, + all skills, + skilltabs, % absorb, % damage reduction, Max hp%, Max mana%, elemental pierce, elemental and magic mastery, etc. etc.
Caster spells will be buffed slightly
3 Elite skills have been added, they can only be gained via an Oskill at level 85. You will have to choose 1 of the 3 skills to add to your Soul Prison. This is the reward for killing the Seven Sons of Sin in Nightmare mode.

Crafting Examples

[b]Battle Craft:[/b]
(non weapons)
IAS: 5-10
lifesteal: 1-3
+max damage: 3-6
Enhanced Damage: 5-20%

(weapons)
WIAS: 5-40
lifesteal: 1-3
+ max damage: 10-20
Enhanced Damage: 100-200%

[b]Thunder Craft:[/b]
(non weapons)
lightning pierce: 1-3%
lightning mastery: 1-5%
lightning resist: 1-25%
Lightning min damage: 1-25
Lightning max damage: 50-100

(weapons)
Lightning Pierce: 1-10%
Lightning Mastery: 1-20%
Lightning Resist: 1-25%
Lightning min damage: 1-25
Lightning max damage: 200-300

[b]Venom Craft:[/b]
(non weapons)
Poison Pierce: 1-3%
poison Mastery: 1-5%
Poison Resist: 1-25%
Max Pois damage: 200-240 over 3 seconds

(weapons)
Poison Pierce: 1-10%
poison Mastery: 1-20%
Poison Resist: 1-25%
Max Pois damage: 200-240 over 3 seconds

[b]Mystic Craft:[/b]
(all items)
hp and mana per kill: 5-10
regen mana: 10-20
faster cast rate: 1-10%
energy: 1-30

[b]Flame Craft:[/b]
(non weapons)
Fire Pierce: 1-3%
Fire Mastery: 1-5%
Fire Resist: 1-25%
Min Fire damage: 5-10
Max Fire damage: 20-50

(weapons)
Fire Piere: 1-10%
Fire Mastery: 1-20%
Fire Resist: 1-25%
Min Fire Damage: 25-50
Max Fire Damage: 100-200

[b]Ice Craft[/b]
(non weapons)
Cold Pierce: 1-3%
Cold Mastery: 1-5%
Cold Resist: 1-25%
Cold Damage: 10-30
Cold Length: 3 seconds

(weapons)
Cold Pierce: 1-10%
Cold Mastery: 1-20%
Cold Resist: 1-25%
Cold Damage: 80-160
Cold Length: 3 seconds

[b]Holy Craft:[/b]
(non weapons)
reduce magic damage: 1-3
Magic Mastery: 1-5%
Curse Resist: 1-3%

(Weapons)
Magic Mastery: 1-20%
Magic damage: 100-200
Curse Resist: 1-3%

(Auras)
Weapons: 5% chance of level 1 Redemption on equip
Armor: 5% chance of level 1 Cleansing on equip
Boots: 5% chance of level 1 Vigour on equip
Belt: 5% chance of level 1 Concentation on equip
gloves: 5% change of level 1 Blessed Aim on equip
Helms: 5% chance of level 1 Defiance on equip
Amulets: 5% chance of level 1 Prayer on equip
Shields: 5% chance of level 1 Devils Pain on equip
Rings: 1% chance of level 1 Salvation on equip

This hasn't been added to the download yet, I still have more to do before I update it.

Edit: all added to the download as of last night

Edit: 9TH Nov:
Version 0.20b being tested now
changes:

Raised max stat caps on most stats
raised max elemental damage to 2000 to attack
Buffed cow king and adjusted his drops
Adjusted the seven sons res and some skill levels and given them all 3 unique mods
The seven sons is now a level challenge, you MUST kill them before level 75 in norm and 85 in nm. Once you kill the last one you have 100 seconds to cube all 7 soul shards together to make a special book that gives +2 skill points and 25 stat points to spend as you wish (you must also use the book within those 100 seconds).
cow king drops gheeds in norm, anni in nm and a new cow charm in hell that gives + to summon cow, and 0-3 to each classes skills
Numerous new runewords added (ty Relay)
all defence on items has been doubled
rerolling a rare now requires 1 set of crafting components with the item
rerolling a gc, lc and sc now consumes 10 component points
Cubing gems is now 3 gems > nex gem type
Raised drop rate of elemental runes and increased the cost of them in shops to 150k each
Raised drop rate of the component adding items
changed coldcrows map so it shouldn't crash now.
buffed some bosses slightly.

Update: 18th Nov
Work continues and is going well, many new runewords added and skills are pretty much balanced (though they are being changed around and replaced by new ideas still.
Smiter pally has been reworked
New necro build type has been created
Introducing "The Bunnymancer"

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I figured I'd best make a new post as the last one is loooong and there is news.

Firstly, somehow, my forum got hacked and all my change lists etc. were wiped (great eh?), It's set me back a little now I ave to create an entire list of canges again. There is an update due after the new year so hopefully by then, I can get it all together into 1 single document.

There have been many changes that I haven't had a chance to post here so I'm extremely sorry i cant post them here. Best way to find out in the mean time is to play :)

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey Mate,

I wanted to download your mod and give it a try (i'll surely love that increased difficulty), but I can't. I always get an error when trying to Download it.

Do you think you could offer it also at rapidshare or in the Keeps database? (somehow?)

I'd really love to play during my christmas holidays so that would really be awesome!

Thx in advance

Hans
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Dominion

Post by Hans » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Here is a link to the mod

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9F0LPZO

m00hkuh

Post by m00hkuh » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 pm

If you prefer Rapidshare, here you go

http://rapidshare.com/files/438262182/T ... v0.21e.rar

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:59 am

thx moohkuh, @hans that's the link that didn't work for me

€dit: Wow this mod pwns, although I just played it for a few hours.

Among all the good there is a few things I don't like so much though:
- twister is heavily overused as a get-hit or on-kill skill
- a bit too crowded, could use a slight decrease in density
- too many rares (and I'm playing at /players1) --> I know there aren't too many uniques, but there's tons of rares after u clear the screen

The rest is a VERY decent piece of work - just took down Bloodraven with an Assassin lvl 9 (never died) although it was a painfully long fight :-D

The best: NO SYNERGIES! I truly love you for that ... it makes for much more diverse builds - THANK YOU!

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 pm

yeh the twisters can be tricky when a shaman is raining meteors down and you are getting stunned by twisters while you try to back out of the danger zone. I actually have to go through all the counters that monsters use and change them around a little anyway.

The drop rate is high at the minute as it's still early days, I want people to get through and not have to grind for gear too much. Once its totaly complete i`ll reduce the drop rates a tad but I don't want to make it a grind fest to get good gear for each area. There are no uniques that will drop from trash. There is currently a class specific unique for each class that is dropped by a hidden boss. You need 20000 souls on your Lost Soul prison to get access to that boss though and a good strong char to be able to take him down. The focus is more on play style than gear choices (though gear will become important more later).
I'm currently making some adjustments to the melee side of the druid. The general input i got from some of the guys who are also playing was that a druid should dish out more damage but a barb should be more slow, steady and strudy. I've gave druids shape shifts a decent boost and dropped barbs damage abit too. (I'm playing a barb currently and they did need it to be honest).

I was due to post a list of all changes but having it wiped from my forum has made the job so much harder. At least now I'll know to keep a hard copy on my computer though.

The latest version is currently uploading, it should hopefully keep summons under control as they seem to be very strong at the moment.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Update 19 dec:

v0.21f Changes:

Rune dusts added,
barbs concentrate damage reduced.
Druids maul damage and fury damage increased.
druid summons numbers reduced.
necro summons cooldown increased.
Block chance on shields reduced to increase the need for dex.
all 2 hand weapon damages reduced by 20%
reduced fps drop on immo and meteor stacked fire.
made act end boss fights slightly harder and longer (except normal andariel)
Increased mana cost on most spells that require heavy energy investment so the blue orb is still important.
added rune dusts (new socketables). These are used for runewords but the new runewords are still to be completed. I'll add these now so people have a chance to find some and stock up.
trash damage in normal reduced by 15%, nm and hell damage remains the same.
diablos nasty death counter removed
ligtning bolt mana cost reduced
bone spear number reduced
readded cooldowns to summons
reduced barbs overall damage by 10%
old bnet runewords have been removed

New Rune Dusts:
These will drop randomly, you can make a pure dust runeword with them at the moment but they will be required for runewords in the next update (after new year)

New Runewords: http://gamersunleashed.freeforums.org/c ... -t111.html

You can download the latest version (0.21f) from the link in my sig.

many thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy what I have so far!

Edit: A small minor update. Run in -direct mode

Mini Update Atatchment:
A few minor adjustments to all monster damage
slightly increased the block rate of some shields
adjusted the exceptional 1 handed weapons damage
a small surprise added in tal rashas true tomb
http://gamersunleashed.freeforums.org/d ... php?id=133

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:03 am

hi,

had some more time testing your mod and I really start liking it (even more than before if that's possible LOL)

Things I liked (up till saved decard cain):
- Usefulness and amount of rares (please don't touch that otherwise mod gets even tougher ... I know I was complaining before *lol*)
- Approach you have to take in order to kill bosses -> Brains over firepower :-D
- no synergy setup (I'm loving it)
- easy reskill & restat possibilities. - especially in the beginning trying and testing which setup suits you best is awesome! (health + manapot)

Didn't like so much:
- Again density of monsters ... without AoE those pesky fallens surely make ur life a REAL pain.
- No TP-Scrolls ... I know there's challenge to everything but finding TP scrolls as rarely as a FAL rune in Vanilla wouldn't ruin the game and make some travels less annoying - especially when your merc keeps dying and there's no WP to be found
- Life-replenish of bosses once out of sight ... this really is too tough as for some bosses winning without dying seems impossible and having that bosses always down a rejuv after you die is TOO MASSIVE (for singleplayer)!!! especially when taking into account how long those fights last.
Example: Griswold - PITA especially when he hits hard and "fires up" - ppl without a backup of a non-fire skill are doomed -> no chance
-No potions whatsoever: I know that potions might seem a little too easy, but how about the following: bosses have a chance of dropping 0-2 rejuv-potions. (Griswold, bloodraven etc). This way even not-so experienced players might have a chance against the bigger evils (whom I'm yet to face).

Flaws:
- I couldn't use any assassin martial arts. Not with claws, not with claw + shield, not with two-hander or any other combo ... that's really a pity.
- All buyable runes are called "xxx rune" except for "ice" which is called "ice stone"
- finding so many same cube-ingredients early on without being able to use them (lack of the other ingredients) is annoying -> better to make them spawnable tamoe highlands and onwards (talking of venom craft stone and magic craft stone etc ..)

Otherwise once again - truly a decent job and I'm loving it :-)

Keep up the good work

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:50 am

The assasin has a shapeshift (the first skill on the right of the MA tree. This is so she can get a lifebuff for melee and not have caster assasins running around with 10k hp.

The craft stones drop early as you can use them to temper items. I lost that info when my forum got hacked but i`ll expand here if I may.

If you use a tempering hammer on a magic item to temper it, you can then cube that item with the craft stones alone for elemental bonuses. Ie. 1-2% fire pierce per fire craft stone. enhanced damage for a battle craft stone. The item also keeps its original properties so they can be very useful.

The bosses will auto heal if they don't take damage at least once every 15 seconds. If its going bad, you need to fall back while healing and attack in between heals while falling back. It will take some getting used to but if you can just chip away at the boss it makes it easy to simply throw yourself at the boss.

This way, if you get beat, you need to rethink your strategy and try again.

I removed potions and tp's for the same reason (boss fights), i'll add portal orbs that you can use to get back to town at the end of some of the longer dungeons.

Healing: It's taken a bit of getting used to but i find now that when i play another mod, instead of pressing 1,2,3 or 4 i'm pressing spacebar (my healing spell hotkey) and getting owned lol. I don't like rejuv potions though, they are so powerful. being able to farm an ear;ly boss to fill up on juvs wouldn't take long and would make some fights alot easier.

Ps. Im basing it around 2 friends playing over tcp/ip balance wise. 1 tank and 1 cannon. Solo is pretty rough. Hamachi is awesome for this. Perhaps you can convince someone to join you or I can even join you.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm

ok so I played it for about an hour.
I mostly tested the monsters and new skills.
it's very nice, and the monster difficulty is good.
I will have to test it more later, but atm, very good.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm getting home from visiting family tomorrow morning so work can resume. I got alot of feedback from my testing group over the holidays.

Include in next update:
Maiden javs can't be socketed, fix
attack damage with javelins is crap for a zon, make a new zon only 1 handed spear type and buff normal attack damage with javelins.
mana cost on druid skills is way off:
lower geddon, cane, bear form, melee skills, and spirits cost.
fix the damage reduction on holy craft helms aura, its way too much.
finish rewriting runes.txt
buff the staff pally, he isn't viable currently

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 am

awesome! already drooling over the upcoming changes ;)

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm

been away from d2 for quite some time...

currently downloading the mod...

:)

edit:

' suggestion: new skill icons ' would be really great '

so far so good... '

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

Looking to make new skill icons but I suck at image editing :). I've posted a request in the jo offerings forum incase there are some good designers out there with time to help.

Hope you enjoy, I havent had much time to get started on the next update with the busy holidays but It's in the pipeline :)

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:41 am

Well I thought I should probs post a quick update to explain whats happening with the mod.

Anyone who was following my progress willno doubt have noticed work suddenly stopped on this project. There are a number of reasons for this that I'd like to explain.

Firstly, the problems I had with the forum. Someone decided it would be awesome to hack my forums. My computer is very old and frequently needs completely wiped. The great thing was, at the same time as the forums were hacked, my laptop decided to die and all my documentation was lost. I suspect it was too difficult for this person (some peopledo't understand the meaning of a "mod in progress" I guess
It seems stupid to halt work on the project because of one person I agree, however, I didn't want to go through the hassle of dealing with this kinda thing again. I mod to have fun and I certainly wasn't willing to mod, test and fend of forum attacks in my spare time.

Second, I had hit a brick wall with a coupleof vital things I wanted to add. due to being a new modder (started with the beginers guide last summer) I didn't have the knowledge to implement some of the key things I wanted.
The first point was the main one however.

/end rant

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems like this is the past? If so, are there any steps I can take to prevent it? So far, with this latest project I've just kept everything completely quiet. In all honesty, when it comes to computers I am a total novice (no exageration).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's out of the way I can get down to business. I'm thinking about picking this up again and finishing it. After talking with my brother (who plays alot more mods than I do), it seems that the mod has come up on a few other forums. Apparently feedback is generally good (I'm posting here then gonna see if there is enough interest to warrant me finishing it). The more I think about it the more appealing it seems. I don't like leaving things unfinished as a rule.

If anyone here has spent any time playing, I'd really like to hear from you. If not, no worries.

Obviously, since my last update my modding skills have vastly improved and I amnow able to dosome of the hard coded stuff that was completely out of my grasp before.

Planned for next update (again, if there is any interest)

Rebalanced bosses in act 1 (currently they have too much hp)
numerous new sidequests
a number of quest reward changes
complete overhaul of the crafting system
complete overhaul of the runeword system
some changes to low level skills vs high level skills (generally making the early skills compete with the later skillsabit more)
the Arcane Mage needs a good nerf (currently he is leagues ahead of the other elemental mages)
set item overhaul
a number of new maps to be added
the "crazy boss" counter needs some minor adjustments
a reduction in max resists.
slight increase in crushing blow sources
a number of new player skills
a number of new enemy skills
The no uniques theme will continue. (yes there are uniques but only the top class specific item for each tier (norm nm and hell)

So, that's the story and thats what I'm thinking at the min. I can most likely wrap alot of that up in good time.

Sorry for the double post, I thought this decision warranted a fresh post though.

Ps. The name in the topic was sorta undecided.The name is now simply "The Midlands"

Thank's for your time and for reading such a lump of text.

Edit: Just realised the date, haha. It's not an april foolthough ;)

Edit2: Minor updated patch (mostly to remind myself whare I was with this project)
The Midlands 0.22A Beta
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A005ETE0
Delete any old data folder you may have
Warning: most item savebits have been edited, this will break any current chars you may have (sorry but i was going over the savefile limit)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:44 am

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems like this is the past? If so, are there any steps I can take to prevent it? So far, with this latest project I've just kept everything completely quiet. In all honesty, when it comes to computers I am a total novice (no exageration).
I have had many problems on my way while modding. The worse that have happens was a few years ago when I got into a hard disk crashes. My main disk got broken, that would been ok. If not at same time my backup disk faced the same thing.

Luckily I had copy my work to another computer day before (but alot of data was already corrupted while copy). So, I had to dig up old backup from the stuff I copied and found a working ce build that was 1 year old. So in the end I lost 1 year of work. This compare to what had happend with restart an amount of years work from scratch.

From this I learned. Make backups frequently and don't trust a running disk. Better put your backup on a dvd/cd and keep monthly backups. If anything happends with your computer you have alteast your backup saved.

In the end as you say you like to mod. So don't give up anything because of major setups. I think most modders have a similar story where there work gone lost because of unexpected events.

marquise

Post by marquise » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:06 am

kingpin have right backup all to cd/dvd, the best way :P

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:02 am

Nice work so far, challenging, but in a good way. I wonder how far I can get a casterish Druid through?

One comment to make, I downloaded the The Midlands 0.22A Beta from the above post, finally killed Corpsefire, is the Utility bag meant to have a graphic?

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 am

yes, its an old utility bag thats droppingnot the correct one I'll get a fix to you as soon as I can.

Caster druid should do well, I played longside firestormer a while ago and he was doing really great. Pretty much a total glass cannon it seemed thugh. All energy + cyclone armor and firestorm = elemental monster but struggles against the physical stuff a bit more.

marquise

Post by marquise » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 am

Ive downloaded the mod today :) It looks great, i like many things on it. No Tp's :) And its really Hard. Keep it up the good work. This mod needs only 1 thing i think New Areas with Some unique rewards.

Return to “The Sandbox”