Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
SBM
Paladin

Re: Universal Mod (working title)

Post by SBM » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:19 pm

Hi everybody,

another problem with the sl Token. There is no problem with my new monster until i change the Offsets. Then I get the Error when the creature jumps and before it stands on the ground. But i have changed the d2common.dll the right way because otherwise there is no problem.
As another way i tried to move my monster to the CH Token which isn't in the play (unused token). I copied the Animations, edited the monstats.txt (with changing the BasicId to 6 and editing the Skills and Ai to the ones the YETI has). So i enter the game but when the creature appears i get an Assertion Failed: Unhandled Exception!What do i have to do?

btw: The Screenshot works now!!!!I say this because i haven't got any Feedback until now!
Is God an invention of the devil?
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:35 pm

My brain is fried at the moment, so I'm thinking a bit slow right now. You say you replaced the sand leaper animations, but crashes when it leaps right? Then you edited d2common and all that.

Well, instead of editing d2common.dll, try this: Open skills.txt, go to skill 132, which is Leap. In the monanin column, change its value from seq to a1. Save the file.

Go to the game and see what happens. The sand leaper with replaced animations should leap without crashes now (just make sure you deleted the d2common.dll you modified and put the original one back in place). Tell me how it goes.

btw, the screenshot looks good :)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:16 pm

EDIT: Sorry Alkalund. Your Method is right, when i use the old offsets all is normal. But when i replace the sltrlita1hth.dcc with a one with new offsets i get this after the monster has jumped for one til three times::
20:09:02.146 ***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
20:09:02.146 Fault address: 6FDFC49B 01:0000B49B D:\Diablo II\D2CMP.dll
20:09:02.146 eax:5945fa84 ebx:0607bf74 ecx:05f4607d edx:00000010 esi:0012ed68
20:09:02.146 edi:59595958 ebp:01b82c00 esp:0012eb10 eip:6fdfc49b flg:00010203
20:09:02.146 cs:001b ds:0023 es:0023 ss:0023 fs:003b gs:0000
The problem could be:
1)In the .txt File with the explanation of the assertion failed i found the expression "chlita1hth.dcc", that is quite funny because i try to delete the assertion with another token the CH Token!But i have deleted it and changed the entries in monstats.txt to the normal ones!So i don't know what this means!
2)If i would change the old offset of the a1 to a perfect one the monster would jump on me, or?But this doesn't explain the problem because in my case the monster jumped several times without assertion but SUDDENLY assertion failed!!!
Do you know a good other token i could use?(only TR, no skills, no sequences, no Brute ;) )
Why do i have to get only assertions that is really depressive :cry:
Last edited by SBM on Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:06 am

Not sure what could be wrong. But here is a method that is error-proof: revert back all your changes and put a new attack1 animation for the SL token, with 160 frames (just like the original), it definitely should work. You can use Gamani GIF Movie Gear to edit the animation and make it have 160 frames (20 frames per direction). If it still crashes then it is something else not related to the animation.

Any further discussion on this subject can take place in the multimedia forum, or through private messages, if you prefer.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:41 pm

So Alkalund everything is alright.
The problem was that i have edited the wrong things in d2common.dll.
The Assertion failed appears later when i used the normal offsets as when i used the new ones. But after several minutes of testing and several jumps of the monster all seems to be runnin. I'll test it now several times until i am sure but i think that was the fault. Thanks for your help!

btw: Why do you make all .dll edits with version 1.09b and not with 1.09d?It is very hard for me to find the things for 1.09d you wrote with 1.09b!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:34 pm

[quote=SBM";p="60481"]btw: Why do you make all .dll edits with version 1.09b and not with 1.09d?It is very hard for me to find the things for 1.09d you wrote with 1.09b![/quote]

Ouch, I'm really sorry about that. 1.09b is the version I normally use for modding. But Joel and I are preparing an animation conversion tutorial that will have all 1.09b AND 1.09d offsets and memory addresses :)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:24 am

Hi everybody,

i think i have found the right title for my mod. "Apocalypse - The 5 Waves of Chaos". At the moment i'm still working on new monsters for my Mod. The Animations are not the problem anymore but the Offsets!I hate it to find offsets. After ten new monsters i'll finish the weapons. I have some new ideas and i would like to know what you think about them:
1. There will be artifacts in the game which improve legendary weapons. (This will have to do a lot about Mythology). You can update the legendary weapons in the cube with the fitting artifact.
2. I'm still not sure about new character classes but i think that i'll replace the Amazone with an elf. What do you think about that?Is it possible to use the animations of Warcraft III?
3. I'll rename and edit all runes but i have to check the Balance of the Mod!

The Balance of Mods that is much work i have to do when i have finished the different aspects of my Mod.

btw: One little question left: Do i have to use 1.09b to swap skills?Because in the thread of skill swapping there was mentioned a bug in 1.09d which has to do with skills. And when i use 1.09d where do i get the offsets from?Because i only found skill offsets for 1.09b!

Ohhh this my longest post until now.
Last edited by SBM on Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:57 pm

SBM";p="64582" wrote:i think i have found the right title for my mod. "Apocalypse - The 5 Waves of Chaos".
So, do you want me to change the topic title for you now, or is the mod name still in the works?
btw: One little question left: Do i have to use 1.09b to swap skills?Because in the thread of skill swapping there was mentioned a bug in 1.09d which has to do with skills. And when i use 1.09d where do i get the offsets from?Because i only found skill offsets for 1.09b!

You can use 1.09d too if you want. All the offsets can be found in spin's offsets datasheet. The 1.09d skill offsets are in the 'Character Skill Tables (1.09d)' tab ;)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:57 am

plz change the thread title alkalund because i'll base my mod on this new name "Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos". Another info for you guys, there will be about 50 new monsters in my mod. I hope i get the necessary number of animations for that. I will convert some monsters as enemies like the Blood Golem for example. But i try to get as much totally new monsters as possible in my mod. The Offsets cause much problems for me, because i thought it would be enough to have two offsets (one x, one y) for one Animation (like Attack1). Now i see that you need more different offsets for the different directions to make the Animation perfect. So that all is just a matter of time :D !
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

Post by Alkalund » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:15 am

Topic title changed. Hope you can find all those animations for the monsters :)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

i'm very happy to present you the next creature screenshot::
http://chaos.coolfreepages.com/Screensh ... nshot3.JPG
Yes it could cast Meteors :) !
Ohh Man it was very hard to replace the Shaman with the new one. But finally i made it. Now i have to replace the Fallens!! :D

EDIT : You have to copy the url in your internet explorer in a new window. Then it should work! By the way i have uploaded a better screenshot!

Greets
Last edited by SBM on Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:23 pm

I do not have access to this document :(

edit: tried what you said. still doesnt work :(
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:57 am

Screenshot works for me, I used Right click + Open in new Window.

Monster is looking real nice SBM :D

johnny-b!
Paladin

Post by johnny-b! » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:27 am

darn nice man! I like the looks of those massive beasts ;) (If ya know what I mean, eh? :D)
'You cry my name,
shudder the shame.
The skies call out,
this is the final bout!'

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:16 pm

Hi everybody,

i was stuck in mod-creating because i had no motivation. But i don't gave up this project!I think i had to do a break because mod-making costs a lot of time. Now i'm back on the road searching for new monsters in Neverwinter Nights for my Mod. I have the problem that i have no motivation to do the precise offsets of my monsters. But i have to do that. :mrgreen: And i will do it but not now. I know the idea with the spell of the paladin to find the offsets. This Idea is very good but you have to search a lot for the right offsets. How long do you need to get the right offsets for one monster?

CU
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:45 am

[quote=SBM";p="82777"]I know the idea with the spell of the paladin to find the offsets. This Idea is very good but you have to search a lot for the right offsets. How long do you need to get the right offsets for one monster?

CU[/quote]

About 1 minute, if you use the right method and have practice ;)

Since the cvdcc.dll 3.0 add-on to CV5 was released, finding offsets is very easy. Get the Animation Conversion Extended Tutorial, by Joel, myself and Nefarius. Have a look at chaper 4, Joel gives a nice and detailed explanation on how to find offsets with the new add-on. It is just a matter of putting a cross in the right place :)

You can download the cvdcc.dll add-on here.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:28 pm

This message will be edited weekly to list the things i have done during the week.

til 4/7/2003 -> I have corrected the offsets for my three creatures. Now i'm ready for the next ones. I have said it before in another thread and i say it again. This mod will be for 1.09b and not for 1.10. I don't want to wait for the release of this patch.
til 4/14/2003 -> I'm currently working on replacing the fallens by goblins. I want to create a little website about my mod too. On this website you will find a lot of informations about my mod. I have to think about the design too. I have just seen your Demargorgon Alkalund and i think about replacing Andariel by him although i wanted to create the animations for each monster in my mod myself. So i'm not sure if i should give up this idea because the mod should be made by me and it should not be a monster steal of other mods. Perhaps i'm doing the Demargorgon Animations myself but this would be stupid, wouldn't it?
til 4/21/2003 -> Joel your offer is really nice thank you but i have already the necessary animations for the goblin. I only have to replace the whole overlays of the FA Token and that takes time. I need also a block animation for my goblin it seems that i have to build one because the goblin has no one. Yes i could replace this animation but i think it looks better with one. Yeah this week i tried really hard to get Archimonde in Diablo 2 and yes i have one Animation of him that looks really nice. It is not a complete Animation but it seems that the Diablo 2 palette destroys my hopes to get him in the game. I tried nearly everything to convert him but there was no success. Alkalund your idea is right i will take your monster because i have to many other things going on so i have no time to convert Demargorgon myself. I wanted to give you credit Alkalund like the whole Phrozenkeep staff too before but now if i take your monster i have to give you 2 credits ;) !
Last edited by SBM on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:29 am

[quote=SBM";p="85734"]til 4/14/2003 -> I'm currently working on replacing the fallens by goblins. I want to create a little website about my mod too. On this website you will find a lot of informations about my mod. I have to think about the design too. I have just seen your Demargorgon Alkalund and i think about replacing Andariel by him although i wanted to create the animations for each monster in my mod myself. So i'm not sure if i should give up this idea because the mod should be made by me and it should not be a monster steal of other mods. Perhaps i'm doing the Demargorgon Animations myself but this would be stupid, wouldn't it?[/quote]

No, this would not be stupid; but let us clarify some points here:

- You wouldn't be stealing the Demogorgon from another mod. I converted that one and submitted it to the File Center so that anyone who wishes to can use it. As usual, just give me credits if you use my animations in your mod.
- If you have the BG2 Expansion: Throne of Bhaal, you can try and do the conversion yourself. It is a multi-part monster and somewhat more difficult to convert, but I will gladly help if you need assistance.
- It is okay that you want to do all the conversions yourself, but you should not give up the idea if you will not be converting the Demogorgon. Use the animations I provided for the time being... if you ever feel like converting the monster yourself, you can replace the animations at a later date ;)

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:02 am

SBM if you want I've already converted the goblin. If you want I can send it to you.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:49 am

[quote=SBM";p="85734"]til 4/21/2003 -> Joel your offer is really nice thank you but i have already the necessary animations for the goblin. I only have to replace the whole overlays of the FA Token and that takes time. I need also a block animation for my goblin it seems that i have to build one because the goblin has no one. Yes i could replace this animation but i think it looks better with one. Yeah this week i tried really hard to get Archimonde in Diablo 2 and yes i have one Animation of him that looks really nice. It is not a complete Animation but it seems that the Diablo 2 palette destroys my hopes to get him in the game. I tried nearly everything to convert him but there was no success. Alkalund your idea is right i will take your monster because i have to many other things going on so i have no time to convert Demargorgon myself. I wanted to give you credit Alkalund like the whole Phrozenkeep staff too before but now if i take your monster i have to give you 2 credits ;) ![/quote]

It is ok for you to make the update with a post instead of a Edit, if someone replied after your last post. Actually it would be better ;)

Anyways, glad I could be of service with the Demogorgon animations ;)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:37 pm

Hi guys,

just another screenie for you. This time it is the little goblin creature who replaces the Fallens.
http://chaos.coolfreepages.com/Screensh ... AToken.JPG
Yes the goblin is really little but i think it is the right height for a goblin.
CU

EDIT:: Because of the replies i had after each published screenshot i decided to change the account. I have now a new account and here are the three links to my published screenshots until now::
1.) The oldest Screenshot:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... odfist.jpg
2.) One very powerful monster:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... SToken.JPG
3.) And the new screenshot:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... AToken.JPG

I hope this time there are no problems accessing the screenshots ;) !
Last edited by SBM on Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:55 pm

dangit this is really ticking me off. I don't have access to any of screenies or site at all :-| .
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:41 pm

You are not alone. I couldn't access it either.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:38 am

Did you guys try copying/pasting the link to a new browser screen? It works for me.

Very nice new screenshot SBM! The monster in the lower right in mid casting is awesome :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:14 am

We are talking about the first screenshot. He changed his account between the first screenshot and the other three.

But, yes the last three screenshot works for me, and they are really nice. Like them a lot.

Return to “The Sandbox”