Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

Post by Alkalund » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:55 pm

It looks really cool, but some people who don't know the animation you used for Blood Raven may have a hard time figuring out what it is from the screenshot ;)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:54 pm

you`re right i forgot to mention that i took the nightelf unit "Shandris" out of WC3 to replace Bloodraven.
Is God an invention of the devil?
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:07 pm

great news guys. I managed it to get a new feature in my mod. The Spellscrolls. Due to the fact that i swap many skills the original skills are not used anymore. So i decided to implent scrolls with charges of original skills. With this scrolls you can cast a spell a specified number of times.
Here is a screenie of a necro casting ShamanFire a Fireball.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Spellscrolls.jpg

yes i have to edit the Spellicon but you can see on the spellicon that this scroll has 4 charges of Fireball left. I think this scrolls will be very powerful because you are able to cast spells with them which could cast only monsters or other characters.
EDIT- The Images for the spellscolls are taken from Neverwinter Nights. I think they fit very well.
Last edited by SBM on Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:11 pm

[quote=SBM";p="141910"]EDIT- The Images for the spellscolls are taken from Neverwinter Nights. I think they fit very well.[/quote]

It does look good, only perhaps it would be better if you shrink it a bit; the way it is now, the scroll isn't perfectly aligned with the inventory squares. If it were a bit smaller you could make it fit nicely in the inventory squares :)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:44 pm

[quote=Alkalund";p="143803"]
[quote=SBM";p="141910"]EDIT- The Images for the spellscolls are taken from Neverwinter Nights. I think they fit very well.[/quote]

It does look good, only perhaps it would be better if you shrink it a bit; the way it is now, the scroll isn't perfectly aligned with the inventory squares. If it were a bit smaller you could make it fit nicely in the inventory squares :)
[/quote]

yes i did that. And merry christmas to the everybody. Have Phun!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

johnny-b!
Paladin

Post by johnny-b! » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:19 am

yo, I never heard of this mod before...til today..was runnin through and saw this..let me know once it's done, it looks very cool indeed ^_^
'You cry my name,
shudder the shame.
The skies call out,
this is the final bout!'

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:54 pm

just a short note that progress is made. At the moment i'm checking out the new source providing animations of Infinity Engine Games. I have found new monsters for my mod and there is enough space left for many more because i want to replace as many monsters as possible with new ones. I will use monsters of all Games with the Infinity Engine (Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate) and Warcraft III. Perhaps i will find some other animations of other games i could use not only for monsters but for skills etc. By the way Happy new Year to everybody!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:54 pm

after some weeks another update:
here are the screenshots for one new skill you will see in the mod
First Part:http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/dragon1.JPG
Second Part:http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/dragon2.JPG

This Skill will be used by dragons (i work on that at the moment) and you can find this skill on a skillscroll (feature i metioned before). So if you have this scroll in your inventory all characters could use this skill.

By the way as an information for all the modders out there this skill is a changed "Meteor" Skill :) [/url]
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:57 pm

how i promised my dragon learnt to cast the dragon breath (that is the name of the new skill i mentioned in the post before). I took two screenshots:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/dragoncast1.JPG
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/dragoncast2.JPG
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Zealot

Post by Zealot » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:41 pm

I played this mod a little and I really like it! :) But I just can't find any newer version than beta6, is there a newer version? Or is there a working version for 1.10?

Edit:
Hmmm I downloaded "Waves of Chaos" from [mod]evil site link removed[/mod] is that the same as "Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos"?
Last edited by Zealot on Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:52 am

no there is no beta avaible for this mod. The mod you mean is another one.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Zealot

Post by Zealot » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:36 pm

Hmm ok :/ Sorry about the link I didn't know. Those names are almost the same though... :S

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:57 am

[quote=Zealot";p="152888"]Hmm ok :/ Sorry about the link I didn't know.[/quote]

That's okay; we do have a strong stance against D2 hacking, and as such we do not allow the posting of urls to sites that offer the download of d2 cracks/hacks and similar stuff. All that is covered in the Forum Terms of Service. Welcome to the Phrozen Keep, we hope you enjoy your stay :)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Hmmmm... I do indeed like your spellscroll feature. However, what happens to the spellscrolls when you've used up all charges? Do they disappear, because if not, you can have Charsi repair them for charges... :-| which seems like something you might not want to happen. And lastly, did this require code editing?

C ya,

CD

P.S. I'm checking up on this mod very much. Looks very nice. I'd be honored to test the beta or something ;). Keep up the good work!! :) :mrgreen:
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:30 am

[quote=ChaoticDeath";p="153321"]
Hmmmm... I do indeed like your spellscroll feature. However, what happens to the spellscrolls when you've used up all charges? Do they disappear, because if not, you can have Charsi repair them for charges... :-| which seems like something you might not want to happen. And lastly, did this require code editing?

C ya,

CD

P.S. I'm checking up on this mod very much. Looks very nice. I'd be honored to test the beta or something ;). Keep up the good work!! :) :mrgreen:
[/quote]
i will implent things like crystals or something like that to charge up your skillscrolls again with the cube. I think there will be different types of crystals in the game to charge up different mighty spellscrolls. For example you need a little crystal to charge up a skillscroll with Fireball but you need a bigger crystal to charge up a skillscroll with the DragonBreath Skill.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:20 am

another screenie for you. This time i present you the feature mentioned by Nefarius for the old :) 1.09 Version. The Demon Portal Spawner Technique.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/demonportal.JPG
The one in the middle of the portal is the caster. The monster appears when the demon portal is gone. I have a little problem with this demon portal. I use a 70 frames animation for the Missile used in the Technique (IMP SPAWN MONSTERS) but when my caster casts the missile the animation is really short and the last 20 frames are not shown! I tried to change the values for ANIMSPEED or ANIMRATE for the missile but the problem remains. Perhaps i should post this problem in the Multimedia Forum but if you know an answer please post it here and other Feedback of course,too. :)
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:09 pm

some notes to mention the progress:

- new token system (i gave the monsters their specific token after different aspect like caster/minion, normal monster, boss monster (has not to be the boss monster of the act but also a boss monster of a cave)) This system is more handy to me and nearly each new monster in my mod has a new token (some monsters/npc replace existing monsters/npcs so a token change is not that important)

[quote=SBM";p="154110"]
another screenie for you. This time i present you the feature mentioned by Nefarius for the old :) 1.09 Version. The Demon Portal Spawner Technique.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/demonportal.JPG
The one in the middle of the portal is the caster. The monster appears when the demon portal is gone. I have a little problem with this demon portal. I use a 70 frames animation for the Missile used in the Technique (IMP SPAWN MONSTERS) but when my caster casts the missile the animation is really short and the last 20 frames are not shown! I tried to change the values for ANIMSPEED or ANIMRATE for the missile but the problem remains. Perhaps i should post this problem in the Multimedia Forum but if you know an answer please post it here and other Feedback of course,too. :)
[/quote]
- The problem with the demon portal animation was solved, so now the whole animation is played.
- Added the goblin archer as the second minion for the flailed demon (I will add a screenshot in the next days).
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:07 am

[quote=SBM";p="158303"]- new token system (i gave the monsters their specific token after different aspect like caster/minion, normal monster, boss monster (has not to be the boss monster of the act but also a boss monster of a cave)) This system is more handy to me and nearly each new monster in my mod has a new token (some monsters/npc replace existing monsters/npcs so a token change is not that important)[/quote]

This one sounds cool, I never thought of this; looks like you have a lot of new graphics packed in the project... how big is the mod at the moment?

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:53 pm

[quote=Alkalund";p="158384"]
This one sounds cool, I never thought of this; looks like you have a lot of new graphics packed in the project... how big is the mod at the moment?
[/quote]
hmm i have 8 new tokens, 2 token replacements = about 15 MB
the rest without the sound & music is 13 MB large
and the music & sound effects are at the moment = 21 MB large
= round about 50 MB (and i'm not nearly finished with act 1 regarding new monsters & music, and items, new maps are not implented at the moment :twisted: ) This will be a mod of a very big size i have to look how to compress the filesize.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:47 pm

A way is to offer a version with and without music to make it easier for people with low download speed/dial-up. You can have the music as additonal download aswell. This is somethings I will do in my mod. Since music is the less important in a mod, even that it gives a new fresh thing for the ear :)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:06 am

Music can be provided as an add-on pack. You do this by providing a core mpq, then external music files in their appropriate directories just like a -direct -txt mod. But you run -direct without the -txt switch, and the mod will use all the bins you packed in the mpq. I run Zy-El that way so I never have to download the "Elafar Music" version again; I copied those files outside the mpq. (If you want, you can copy our launching scripts in your release package, the launcher includes the -direct switch.)
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:06 pm

for the first time i began with this mod there were no real concept like story, main features and so on it was based. In the past i implented more and more single features i could use and i will use for my mod. But now i will think about a concept like different chars their skills, about the monsters their weapons, dropped items, new items to have a basic concept. After i have done that i will publish it here and will realize the concept the best way i can. I think that is the best way to continue with the work on this mod efficiently :) . So don't bother i will publish the concept as soon as i have one really good one that fulfill my personal ideas about the mod i want to create.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Return to “The Sandbox”