Multiple Townportals

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

No votes

Total votes: 0

misharohac
Forum Regular
Angel

Multiple Townportals

Post by misharohac » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:35 am

Something that I always find useful when playing TCP/IP is the way you can coordinate your team's townportals when exploring new areas, looking for waypoints, etc.

So it occured to me that it would be neat if in SP, one could open multiple townportals... each with a different colour.

So you would have (let's say) 3 differently coloured scrolls in the game, for example blue, green and purple - and of course Tomes of the corresponding colours. You could then have these 3 portals all open at the same time, casting a new one of a colour that is already open would of course cancel the existing one of that colour...

Is this useful? Is this do-able?
Last edited by misharohac on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

brappy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by brappy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:25 pm

It definately would be cool, and there IS a way to have multiple townportals, though it's infinite. Use a portal spell with the D2Mod plugin or the DLL's. So it will need code editing.
Currently working on Tricet of Apocalypse (Latest patch: Beta 0.9) | Mod thread
A=B, A²=AB, A²-B²=AB-B², (A+B)(A-B)=B(A-B), A+B=B, A+A=A, 2A=A, 2=1

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:26 am

8 players * 3 TP + anonymous TP (shrines, end of act, ...) will need a *large* place to spawn them.

misharohac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by misharohac » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:11 am

My goodness, I never thought of that... 24 portals is a little much.

The idea was intended mainly for use in SP, but that doesn't really solve the problem that you've brought up. Back to the drawing board.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”