Life and mana orb drops

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Jase
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Life and mana orb drops

Post by Jase » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 am

Hey, I had this idea and I wanted to know what you all thought.

My idea is: When you kill a monster, it drops a life or mana sphere (ctc skill on death) that when a character runs into it, heals them a little bit of life or mana. This is not a potion, all a character has to do is run into it.

But do you think this would make the game too easy or take away from its feeling? What do you all think?

On the flip side, there can also be spheres that increase stats when you kill a monster, kind of like a bonus. There can also be "trick" spheres that some monsters drop that make you degen life/mana or lower a stat (these are disguised and looks like the good ones, of course).

The idea isn't to make the game easy, it's to add a new element to it to make it more interesting.
Terran Marine wrote:I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all out of ... agh, forget it!

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Re: Life and mana orb drops

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 am

not too bad of an idea, you could make the monsters cast a trap (you would have to use bonewall skill so that the summons dont try to go into the monster's minion table and crash) and the trap could just have a radius of 1, and cast whatever spell on the player when they walk on top of it.

Jase
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Jase » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 am

I was thinking more something like a stationary bolt (holybolt graphic maybe with the recolor pack) that uses the spidergoo missile function (which causes the affected person to have a state and stats defined in the attached skill) that gives life regen and/or mana regen.
Terran Marine wrote:I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all out of ... agh, forget it!

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:09 am

If there are some trapped ones, I like the idea.
but know that it will requires lot of monprop :D

Jase
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Jase » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 am

Oh I know. I have the mechanics of it down, I just wanted to know what you guys might have thought about the idea.

My thought is that if I did add something like that, I'd have to make my monsters a lot tougher for it to add any gameplay value.

Or, I can make a monster type that has this as one of its characteristics (a monster in final fantasy 7 did this, when you killed it it used cure3 on your whole party)

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”