Workaround to itype only Aurae?

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Workaround to itype only Aurae?

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri May 27, 2011 7:00 am

Was thinking about a way to make aura work for only specific itypes. ex two handed swords only.

The concept works in my head but i haven't tested it yet.

The first step is to create a new stat in ISC, lets use 2h swords as example. (2haura we shall call it)
The second step would be to create a calc thats similar to (stat('2haura'.accr)>0)?##:0
## being whatever we decide.
The third step may take some time, but to add an automagic to every 2h sword that gives our stat (2haura)

Only drawback I can think of is that the aura can be activated even if a 2h sword is not present.

thoughts anyone?
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Wopsh

Re: Workaround to itype only Aurae?

Post by Wopsh » Sat May 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Its not too much trouble to do what you want to do. If you are using an automagic stat to mark weapons as being a certain type you will also need to add the stat to unique and set items manually (they dont get automagic stats).

I have done a similar thing with hidden auras placed on the items themselves.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Workaround to itype only Aurae?

Post by HarvestWombs » Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Awesome. so technically i could use this same concept for class only aurae. still lies the problem of it being activated without the correct itype being equipped. but a simple warning could suffice.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”