[1.13c] Arrows as mana?

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

[1.13c] Arrows as mana?

Post by zjat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 pm

So I'm just curious if the engine can do this, I'm not even sure how I'd use it yet.

What if amazon skills used extra arrows instead of mana? or somehow mana and ammunition were linked?

Immolation Arrow: Costs 10 arrows or 10 arrows and 10 mana.

Just curious if it can be done simply and maybe some ideas how to implement it for basic balance.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Re: [1.13c] Arrows as mana?

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 pm

If I remember right, Nefarius did this. Well, not exactly what you want to do, but I think he made skills like multi-shot for example, spend the actual number of arrows that are fired by the skill.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 am

Interesting, that'd be easy to balance though I would think. And interestingly different gameplay, probably would require some larger quivers or regeneration of arrows to make it not annoying though.

Can you link me it at all?

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 am

zjat" wrote:Interesting, that'd be easy to balance though I would think. And interestingly different gameplay, probably would require some larger quivers or regeneration of arrows to make it not annoying though.

Can you link me it at all?
I don't think he posted any edits for this, I just saw him mentioning it somewhere. He has made that change for his own mod MetalStorm.
And I doubt it's an easy edit.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:16 pm

It's possible without CE. You change the 'qty' field in Missiles.txt
It needs a special skillstartfunc to work though, so check out skills like Strafe.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 am

Rattlecage" wrote:It's possible without CE. You change the 'qty' field in Missiles.txt
It needs a special skillstartfunc to work though, so check out skills like Strafe.
Looking at this I think I'm missing something. qty seems to be a boolean and strafe uses start 8. Changing a skill to use 8 seems to double cold arrow to 2 per shot, what column controls this? And would this alter missiles with subs like imol? I'll attempt this next week when I get time.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”