Kingdom of Divinity [Mod Concept]

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Kingdom of Divinity [Mod Concept]

Post by Lurix » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Kingdom of Divinity is a project of mine, which is actually based on my old save of some GUI, I was working on.
Therefore, the original idea I had for the UI, was quiet different, but those who know me from before, might know that I was away from the moding scene, for like 1.5-2 years. Basically I`ve started new project in like month ago, because after all those years I still feel some kind of a satisfaction when I change the game to the taste I`d like to play it.

What I`ve currently planned is to release the Mod, in 4 Initial Big releases (and small Bug Fix Patches in meanwhile), while starting with only the first act - "Mount Guard" and three playable classes - Warlock (Old Necromancer); Ranger (Old Amazon); Warrior (Old Paladin), each of the big releases will add to the mod an additional new act and playable class.

The beginning of the story:
Your journey starts in a Fortress in the Mountain, which is basically guarding the way beyond the Mountain (where will be Act 2 actually), same like the town all of the NPCs have been changed, and so the goods they can offer to the players.
As we all know, changes in the Quest System ins a bit hard without quiet big amount of Code Editing, but what I`m planing is to change the story around those, while improving the rewards as well. Basically -now you won`t be clearing the Den of Evil, but the Town`s Catacombs from thieves trying to steal from the armory storage, there will be no more Tristram and imprisoned Cain, but the daughter of the Fort`s Captain, the act Boss is no longer the poison orientated Andariel, but the Lord of Frost, leading legions of various creatures from different pacts to seek his way true the Mount Guard and conqueror the lands beyound the Mountain.

Classes:
Each one of the classes can access to 5 Skill Pages, each one provides 10 different Skills, which makes total of 50 Skills per Class, the different pages provide different knowledge to the corresponding class, based on the traditions and pacts they can have. For instance the 5 Skill pages of the Warlock are: Dark Magic (as forged in darkness those Warlocks deal with summoning demon creatures and imps, and inflicting powerful magic spells); Fey Pact (these Warlocks choose their source of power to be the nature, so they deal with summoning spiders, nymphs and archfeys they also access the power of inflicting lightning and poison damage to deal with the enemies); Infernal Soul (oftenly the Warlocks corrupt their souls by dealing with devil powers, and there you gain infernal powers, so the warlock is able to deal with fire damage spells enhanced by the Nine Hells); Dread Knight (unlike most of the Spellcasters, warlocks are well trained in dealing medium armor and weapons, some of them choose the way of becoming a male warrior inflicting his dark powers true a variety of weapons they can serve well with.

As I`m currently still in Alpha/Concept stage, I will share my ideas here, and I can also keep it as a reference on what I`m planing. Hopefully soon I will have a playable Alpha version. I hope someone will like the idea.
Any critics, ideas and suggestions are more than welcome :)
*More coming soon..

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: Kingdom of Divinity [Mod Concept]

Post by Xibalba » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Nice to hear it bro. As you mentioned, editing the whole quest system is kinda hard for us (since we new at code editing). Im doing the same thing with quests, changing the maps, conversations, enemies etc to make it look different :)

But what i will do is, ill release 2 different mods (i hope). One is for gaining modding experience, being better on it and learning ce while doing that (Im away from modding for a long time like you), the second one will be my real project. Ill use my knowladge from my old mod and try to do my real idea better (I hope ill do some cool ce on my real project). You can try similar a way too :)

For other stuff i cant actually comment on them.you changed the skill trees and classes but there are no details. One thing i can say is, make sure every skill has a purpose (with pros and cons that comes together), you have lots of skills avaible :) and if there is pvp avaible, try to make some "counter"s ;)

And at last; going act by act is good idea. Dont rush and try to make it as "balanced" as you can :) listen to people and make other act according to their suggestions/dislikes.

Cant wait for the release. I hope it would be fun :)
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”