Luciferi - mod in development...need some advice...

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Luciferi - mod in development...need some advice...

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 pm

hello all,well as the topic says i need some advice and want to ask a couple of questions for more experienced modders...

1.I really like the char inventory from Eastern Sun,i managed to make it work in my mod...can i even use it and who do i need to ask for permission if i need to ask anybody??? i think this one is the biggest inventory of all mods???

2.I also want to use some item graphics from ES,which item pack did they use???i know Blinn and some other members worked on some of the graphics,but most should be from the keep...

3.I want to emulate a really dark atmosphere in my mod,so max level is 666...THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!!anybody thinks there could be problems with such a high lvl???

4.If i add new affixes and suffixes do i need to add them to the patchstring.tbl too???I suppose i should,didn't really get to modifying that yet...

will add to this some more...gotta finish reading most of the stuff related to modding i DL-ed who knows when,i did some more changes than the above,but first gotta check if it all works fine...any ideas are welcome
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Luciferi - mod in development...need some advice...

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:06 pm

1. Honestly, I don´t think anybody would care as long as you keep your mod privat, I mean how should someone know, and even if you relase it. Who should care? Also you can use one of these extended Inventory Plugins.

2. Just get them from the mod itself. Extraxt the mpq and there you go. But there are way more (better) graphics available. I got most of them and could upload them for you.

3. I remember only one issue. Check Snej Mod, Game can´t display a lvl over 255 in Char Select Screen and so one. Also you can´t go over 99 with your Item Level which is probably the biggest problem.

4. Depends what kind of. But probably yes.

Cheers
AlphA

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:08 pm

If everything goes right i intend to keep my mod on the keep,thats why i ask...i don't really care the game can not show more than 255 in char select svreen,and what does it matter if the max ilvl is 99???

OK...got a problem with my experience.txt,i used experience 2.0 from the keep,but the last row that controls the penalty for xp is missing...can this couse problems???the new txt works as far as i see...

Edit: threw the 666 Lvls thru the window...very tricky to make a nice leveling curve...used 250 Lvl Plugin from the Keep...

New Questions...

1. I read somewhere that most non activated Runewords are actually already in patchstring.tbl(or some other) so can i start just adding stats to those or???OR are only specific blank Runewords already in a tbl file???

2.i want to link Energy to Skills,so that you get a passive increase in Fire,cold,lightning,magic and poison skills,is it possible without any new items or should i do it like they did in ES(thru the Damage Augmenter)???

3.can i change existing Uniques into Charms???

Edit
4. I want to nerf Fire Enchanted Death explosion,been looking at a bunch of files and couldn't find what controls the strength of the explosion...any help???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Okapi
Paladin

Post by Okapi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello,
Lucifer666" wrote:1. I read somewhere that most non activated Runewords are actually already in patchstring.tbl(or some other) so can i start just adding stats to those or???OR are only specific blank Runewords already in a tbl file???
Inside Expanstionstring.tbl you can find "Runeword1" until "Runeword170" so you could use them.
Lucifer666" wrote:2.i want to link Energy to Skills,so that you get a passive increase in Fire,cold,lightning,magic and poison skills,is it possible without any new items or should i do it like they did in ES(thru the Damage Augmenter)???
You could add a calc directly onto the skills of your chosing or you could create an item like the Damage Augmenter, in ES the charm has got some passive skills with passive_fire/cold/ltng/wind/pois_mastery stats and a calc like (stat('energy'.base)-15)/4
Lucifer666" wrote:3.can i change existing Uniques into Charms???
This is possible, change in UniqueItems.txt the column "code" to "cm1", "cm2" or "cm3" for small, large or grand charm and "carry1" to 1.
Lucifer666" wrote:Edit
4. I want to nerf Fire Enchanted Death explosion,been looking at a bunch of files and couldn't find what controls the strength of the explosion...any help???
This is hardcoded. Some more info here.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:54 pm

how do i add a calc to skills???

cool about runewords...

not cool my highlvl chars getting OHKed by the damn explosion...did anybody ever figure out how to nerf them except the ES team???did they used a specific dll edit or???

Edit: played Xyrax for a while,man was i surprised by a Poison Enchanted boss,how come nobody else enabled them for their mod???I think i'm gonna enable em in my mod...

Anyway,what kind of calc should i put for a increase of 1% Elemental and Magic Dmg per every 5 hard points in energy???

Edit:read your post once more,so (stat('energy'.base)-15)/5 is what i put in calc1 field,or if that was taken in some other calc field???calcdesc i don't need to add anything as far as i understood...i decided to boost Magic and Physical Spell like this(stat('energy'.base)-15)/6...wonder if it'll work out fine...

Edit:OK,tried it ingame with a new sorc,and the dmg does not grow even after 30 points in energy,i put that formula in every elemental skills calc,and was looking at blizzard and thunder storm to see will the dmg numbers update,even after save and exit the dmg stays the same???what am i missing here???

Edit:read Kidpaddle's guide to making a passive skill...must i make a new skill(6 actually) for this to work???tried his calc and still it wont work...stat(('energy'.base)-15)/5...even thou it is not much different than the above i hoped it will work...it should show effects on thunder storm as soon as i enter the game since the sorc in my mod starts with 35 in energy...35-15=20-which would be a 4% increase in elem dmg,IE TS max dmg would go to 104 from 100...it's no prob to make new skills,i just hoped to avoid doing something that is not really neccesary...any advice at all???

I bite down hard

Okapi
Paladin

Post by Okapi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Hello,

The Wind/Mag calc is (stat('energy'.base)-15)/5.

If I put the calc "(stat('energy'.base)-15)/4" in the "EDmgSymPerCalc" column (the Skill.txt calc field I meant) the elemental damage will improve when Energy is stat.

The ES way is to have a passive skill with passive mastery properties (these properties have the calc mentioned) on a charm. You'll have to re-equip the charm each level raised so the passive skill gets "refreshed".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

~Okapi

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:54 pm

GOD DAMN...i forgot the ""

Thanks man!!!

Edit: WORKS!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

will be back to this with more to ask...Okapi you just got into my Credits list...

Edit:Looking at MonUMod now,want to enable Poison Enchanted Monsters...anybody knows what should i edit???there's some poisonhit in there...is that what i need???

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Just set a boss to spawn with that monUmod at it will be fine, poisonhit should be the poison enchanted modifier. I have rewrote all monUmode code so have hard to remember what is vanilla or not.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm

heh,had a felling that poisonhit is probably what i need,but was not sure...

run into a problem with Nova of Sorc,i added a synergy from Charged Bolt to it,and now my Dmg display on Nova has doubled???surely i made a mistake somewhere,anybody knows what causes it to display it's damage twice???

I bite down hard

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:17 am

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but the ES inventory is really just a reskinned version of an existing inventory plugin. Check the Keep's inventory plugins.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:12 am

Lucifer666" wrote:hello all,well as the topic says i need some advice and want to ask a couple of questions for more experienced modders...

1.I really like the char inventory from Eastern Sun,i managed to make it work in my mod...can i even use it and who do i need to ask for permission if i need to ask anybody??? i think this one is the biggest inventory of all mods???

2.I also want to use some item graphics from ES,which item pack did they use???i know Blinn and some other members worked on some of the graphics,but most should be from the keep...

3.I want to emulate a really dark atmosphere in my mod,so max level is 666...THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!!anybody thinks there could be problems with such a high lvl???

4.If i add new affixes and suffixes do i need to add them to the patchstring.tbl too???I suppose i should,didn't really get to modifying that yet...

will add to this some more...gotta finish reading most of the stuff related to modding i DL-ed who knows when,i did some more changes than the above,but first gotta check if it all works fine...any ideas are welcome
1) If you made the graphics, then I don't think there is a problem. If you didn't then I presume you have the text files from the mod itself. If the modder gives the text files, then I don't see a problem. If he doesn't and you just take the graphics, I would seek permission or make my own graphics.

2) There are a number of item packs on the Keep. Just find the ones you want to use and give credit. However, I have almost 900 items that I have added to my mod. The vast majority I have made myself over the years. Google images is great when coupled with even a limited knowledge of Photoshop.

3) I'm not aware of any issues with players going that high but monsters have issues with mlvls > 127 according to some of the senior modders here. What would a character do with 600 skill points and 3000 stat points?? Personally, I would just stay near 100 but that is my opinion.

4) Yes.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:18 am

Lucifer666" wrote:how do i add a calc to skills???
A lot of fields in skills.txt support calculations.

For example - in my mod, you can invest in a skill when you have the aptitude to learn the skill. Here is the formula in my mod.
((blvl<=19) ? (((3*stat('dexterity'.base)/2+stat('strength'.base)+3*stat('energy'.base)/2+5*ulvl+ulvl*ulvl/20) >= (170 + blvl*50)) ? 1:255) : 255)

You can also fix all the assassin trap damages in missiles.txt by using the skill's clc1, clc2, clc3, clc4 fields and then adding the correct synergy in missiles.txt. You can create a working magic mastery and even a physical mastery! Formulae are VERY powerful and a ton of fun.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”