Real difficultity levels

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Real difficultity levels

Post by Desocupado » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am

The other day I was trying to go back to grim dawn, then I read they un-did their respective nightmare and hell mode, but added additional acts.
D3 also did that much earlier in 2.0 (albeit with a full numeric approach to difficulty)

Well, we could have the best of both worlds, no?
  1. Allow fresh characters to select any difficulty upon game start (after character creation)
  2. Make any completed quest, complete that quest in all difficulties
  3. Actually make difficulty matter (monster AI, speed, reaction, different/additional skills and even different monsters - something beyond numbers we see on D3) - doable with txt
1 and 2 require codding. 3 is done by txt and map editing. But beyond that... What you guys think? would it be fun?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: Real difficultity levels

Post by Doub » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 pm

I dont play any of them (D3 or GD). So you mean they removed their nighmare and hell difficulties? and there is only one difficulty in the game?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Real difficultity levels

Post by Cypress » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:04 pm

This has virtually been accomplished in Battle for Elements. The only difference is that you select difficulty on startup instead of after character creation, which I don't see as being an important distinction. All you need is several patch_d2.mpqs to select from which the player will choose to determine difficulty. The only difference between these would be the monster stats.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”