Er-- I feel dumb but..can someone help -_-;

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

No votes

Total votes: 0

LunarLunatic

Er-- I feel dumb but..can someone help -_-;

Post by LunarLunatic » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:09 pm

I've gotten any mod I've downloaded so far to work, and yet I remain a complete newbie in all fashions of the word. I downloaded this and extracted it to my desktop, but I can't seem to find any patch_d2.mpq .. and well I don't know how to "activate" the mod without it ^_^;; In fact, there's so many files here besides the normal four that I'm boggled and confused, and not even pie seems to be able to help me (And pie is almighty!) Sorry if this question has been asked before :( And if it hasn't I think I'll feel worse -.-

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Er-- I feel dumb but..can someone help -_-;

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:26 am

Greetz :) .

You need to extract all files to your Diablo II directory (Example: "C:\Program Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\") and then read the following tutorial by Fusman on how to work with -direct -txt formatted mods.

http://d2mods.xfernet.com/pktut-direct.php

Good luck :) .
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

LunarLunatic

Post by LunarLunatic » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:25 am

Oh wow thanks! All is peachy now ^_^ Thanks for the explanation and being so nice about it all XD *gives pie*

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:34 am

*Zhoulomcrist eats the pie. *

System Message: HP and MP were fully recovered.

I thank thee and you're welcome about the help.

Enjoy :) .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

nicholas99

Post by nicholas99 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:14 pm

lol the link is not work anymore can someone tell me how to make this mod work....some guild please.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:08 am

http://www.d2mods.com/
and under tutorials find the tutorial about -direct -txt mode.

djdoede

Post by djdoede » Thu May 13, 2004 1:43 am

Ok now i am really frustrated cause i screwed up and did something so this is the second time ive had to write this message. Ok i must be extremely stupid because i went to that site, found the tutorial, read it over and over, and did everything i could think of. I put the cryptforge files (after a long time) into a place i thought would work. Then first i tried adding -direct -txt to the property window which ofcourse didnt work. So then i changed the property window back and copied it, which without fail didnt work. Then i tried changing the start at line on the property window to where the cryptforge files were, which also didnt work. And so now i am starting completely over again. Will you please help me. Forgive me for my stupidness but i really am not gettin cryptforge to work and im determined to play it. (Im really frustrated right now :x )
Last edited by djdoede on Thu May 13, 2004 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

djdoede

Post by djdoede » Thu May 13, 2004 2:05 am

ok u can completely disregard my last message because i have gotton farther but when i go to play it starts to load a patch then says, sorry patching cannot be completed because patch is corrupted, what do i do?

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu May 13, 2004 3:24 am

To my knowledge, there won't be any way to get around the patch error situation.

CryptForge uses modded DLLs and, therefore, when you go to the Open Battle.net (Blizzard's Closed Realm isn't supported), it's gonna attempt to patch to 1.10 (Keep in mind that the currently released mod is only compatible with 1.09D).

If you're in need of a particular patch, you'll need to go to ftp.blizzard.com to download it.

For now, though, CryptForge's latest released version for 1.09D is only supported on TCP/IP and Single Player since going to open Battle.net will automatically attempt to patch the game.

djdoede

Post by djdoede » Fri May 14, 2004 12:14 am

ok, well i appreciate your help. No offense but i would have to agree with you on the fact that 1.09 has alot of bugs. Overall though its pretty cool. Ok, i hope that im not becoming to annoying (normally i become annoying very fast, natural talent) but from my understanding you could play as either diablo or baal too but when i go to play one player the only prime evil i can be is mephisto. Is there any reason for that. Once again i apologize for my annoyingness. Thanks again. :D

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri May 14, 2004 3:55 am

Yeap, 1.09D has a whole lot of bugs. Mainly, the reason for that is because it was a rushed release, put out on the net under pressure.

That's not intended to be the case with the 1.10 version although I will be releasing an ACT 1 demo for it very soon.
but from my understanding you could play as either diablo or baal too but when i go to play one player the only prime evil i can be is mephisto.
If Diablo and Baal aren't launching on your system, you may want to recheck your installation of the mod.

All contents from the downloaded Self-Extracting EXE file should be extracted to your Diablo II directory. You will need a properly setup -direct -txt shortcut to run the mod.

You also need Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction expansion installed with 1.09D.

You may have already looked at it. But, here's a link to the tutorial which explains how to setup a -direct -txt shortcut to operate with Direct format mods.

kb/viewarticle?a=219

djdoede

Post by djdoede » Fri May 14, 2004 10:31 pm

errr yah, ummm, more proof to my stupidness but, i forgot to reinstall lord of destruction, only reinstalled diablo two, :), that might be my problem, well thanks once again, ill stop buggin you now.

Return to “CryptForge”