New Item Screenshots/Unique Item shot/New NPC Shots

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

No votes

Total votes: 0

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

New Item Screenshots/Unique Item shot/New NPC Shots

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:47 am

Some significant stuff worthy of screenshots were done on the mod today.

I have crafted a new series of Unique Only gems. These gems are always unique.

However, you cannot find them in battle or buy them from vendors.

You must find ore and construct these gems using a horadric cube. These recipes aren't implemented yet and neither are the ores.

So, the gems in the shot were buyable from Akara as a simple test to see if they work. Thankfully, they did. Below is a shot of the stats on one of them. You can see the others in the background as well. Again, these will not be buyable from vendors or found in battle since they must be constructed by finding various ores which can be found in combat.

The Gem GFX you see in the shot came from Joel's NWN Item GFX pack, available here at the Phrozen Keep.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/cryptforge/ ... rapnel.jpg

NOTE: The PlugY Infinity stash is being used and was being used at the time this screenshot was taken. However, the plugin will not be a part of the final CryptFOrge mod.

NOTE2: The 20% Chance to Cast Level 40 Lightning Mastery When Struck was done in error. That stat was changed since the screenshot was taken.

I will leave it up to players to determine whether or not they want to download Yohann's mod. I would highly recommend it if you like to collect and store loads and loads of items and have them nicely organized in pages or if you like the shared stash feature which is shown as Active in the above shot.
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: New Item Screenshots/Unique Item shot/New NPC Shots

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:25 am

The mod continues to gain serious momentum as 4 of the 8 gems are now finished, each having no less than 12 modifiers on them.

Also, here's some bonus shots of 4 of many new NPCs that I implemented today.

Rakshalah
Rathbaltin
Alderon
Uldrich

Because ACT II now takes place in the undead realm of Nocrodor, which you go to by dimensional travel from ACT I, the desert atmosphere you see in the screenshots will soon be changed to represent Nocrodor.

However, most of the NPCs have already gotten their overhaul.

As it stands right now, all ACT I NPCs are done, with the exception of unfinished Dialog changes, some of which is done, now.

All ACT II NPCs have different names and most of them have different appearances (All of them will after the mod is done) .
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:03 am

Awesome, keep up the good work Z.

It's getting more and more difficult to wait with each of your posts that comes out.

Thanks for the updates. :)

Kiwivagrant

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:58 am

You're welcome.

The mod has seen alot of much needed changes get finished just in the past couple of days.

I was off from work, today. So, I spent a large amount of the previous night and all of today in a vigorous effort to get things done. Alot was done on the mod as a result.

This pushes the release date alot closer. But, I still don't know when that date is gonna come.

Vaevictis

Post by Vaevictis » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:41 am

Act II sounds like it'll be interesting to visit - I can't remember the last time I said that :)

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:39 am

ACT II will indeed be an interesting change of program being that it will take place in another dimension, known as the Undead Realm of Nocrodor, and will be as is described in the story on the CryptForge site.

I won't spoil the goods with screenshots of the realm after the changes have been made until after the mod is released and folks have had a chance to get first-hand exposure to the new stuff for awhile.

The shots above are very early shots just to show what NPC changes have been made and to give a small sampling of what will be done in the final product. :) .

Return to “CryptForge”