CryptForge ACT 1 Demo in the process of being uploaded

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

No votes

Total votes: 0

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

CryptForge ACT 1 Demo in the process of being uploaded

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu May 20, 2004 12:06 am

It is time. After over a year of waiting, I am currently in the process of uploading the ACT 1 demo of this mod to FilePlanet.

The mod (over 90MB in size) will be uploaded in 10MB Split-File fragments.

Since I'm on a dial-up, this will take a long time to do. But, when it's done, this thread will be renamed and will become the release thread.

But, everything else checks out with the mod save for a couple of quests in ACT 1 that cannot be officially completed due to changes made which were deliberate.

But, before you ask, the Den of Evil can still be done :) . I know that was a concern in past releases of CryptForge and my ZhoulomCrypt mod before that.

I'll let you know when it's time for the slaughter.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Re: CryptForge ACT 1 Demo in the process of being uploaded

Post by Kiwivagrant » Thu May 20, 2004 1:19 am

Woohoooo!!!

Grats Z, judging by the amount of people going through your forum, fileplanet is going to get rather busy over the next couple of days. :)

Telecom who is our main telecommunications company over here has just turned down an offer from the Australian based Telstra - in doing so has smashed any chances of broadband being available for a while.

Go dial-up!!!! :cry:

K.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu May 20, 2004 3:09 am

Thanx :) . A few things should be noted about the ACT 1 demo which I'll detail here.

1. If you go to ACT II, the game will crash.

2. Diablo's and Baal's Skill Icons are a bit goofy. But, the skills are intact. Everyone else's are fine.

3. It has not been extensively tested for in-game balance.

4. Damage calculation readouts tend to be dramaticaly different on the Skill Description than it is on your Character Sheet when a particular skill is active.

For example, Mephisto's Frost Orb showed over 7 Million in minimum and maximum damage on the Skill Description when it only showed around 3000 on the Character sheet when it was active.

5. This is only a demo. So, there's not gonna be a whole lot in comparison to what the final version will offer. But, it should be significant enough to give you a taste of what's coming.

6. It is unlikely that there will be a second demo release. After this one, the next release will likely be the one to include everything from ACT 1 to 5.

If there is a second release, it will likely be a beta which will be playable from start to finish before the final release hits. Believe it or not, that's not very far off either.
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Thu May 20, 2004 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu May 20, 2004 9:03 am

I decided to do some last-minute tweaks and enhancements before beginning the upload.

A good solid readme file will be written before the upload is started to be sent with the upload.

Anyway, I fixed the problem with Baal's and Diablo's skill icons, mentioned above. So, they're in order.

Everything else is set to go. There will be 11 files to be downloaded, 10 of them weighing in at 10 MB each and the last one at 2.49 MB. They are in Self-Extracting EXE format using WinACE to compress them.

Right now, I'm going to bed. But, after I awaken again, I'm gonna begin writting a readme file for the mod and when I get back online, Thursday evening, I'll begin uploading the mod.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Thu May 20, 2004 9:08 am

Awesome, looking forward to playing (not too much downloading it) and checking it out.

Good luck with the upload Z.

K.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu May 20, 2004 11:21 pm

Just got back online.

A few more tweaks were made today on NPC dialog in ACT 1 today, skill damage readouts, and skill damage itself on some of the skills.

The upload is fixing to start. I just gotta whip together a quick readme file and then it's off we go.

In doing the NPC dialog, it became clear to me that a slight revision would have to be made to the CryptForge story. So, it was done.....

Each of the three prime evils are ultimately still out for world domination and the 4 heroes are out to stop them.

However, Chivelfeyr has stepped in and decided to enlist the aid of the three prime evils in his own conquest with false promises to the three that they could rule by his side.

The allegiance don't last long and the three evils revolt, banishing Chivelfeyr. Chivelfeyr's loyalists resurrect him, however. Deciding he doesn't need the aid of the three, after all, he sets out to destroy good and evil alike on Sanctuary and establish his own kingdom there.

Neither the 4 heroes nor the 3 prime evils can permit this. So, however unholy it may be, all 7 of them must ally with each other to defeat the common enemy before they can continue their fight against each other.

A slightly more detailed take on the revision can be found at the CryptForge site at CryptForge Plot.
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Thu May 20, 2004 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri May 21, 2004 2:12 am

Well, the first of 11 files have been successfully uploaded to my space at FilePlanet.

Now, onto the other 10.

Well, folks. Life has been unusually stressful to high levels these past few weeks for me and, therefore, it is a blessing that I finally could get something on its way to being fully uploaded and released.

So, while the other files continue their journey to the FilePlanet server, I'm gonna hit my Nostalgia Button :) and play some Megaman on the NES Emulator.

I'll continue uploading the files as each one finishes.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Fri May 21, 2004 3:20 am

Um, this is probably a stupid question, is it the same space that the 1.09 version is on because I can't see anything there.

The other possibility is that it might not be available until all have been uploaded.

Cheers.

K.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri May 21, 2004 3:36 am

2 out of the 11 have now been successfully uploaded. :)

I'll post links to all 11 files when they have all been uploaded. I could post links as I go. But, I feel like it would be better to wait until they're all uplaoded and throw the links all in one announcement.

The two that I've uploaded are already circulating on their servers.

I'm now starting the third file. I'll update this post and/or thread as each file gets uploaded. When all of them are uploaded, I'll post a member announcement with all the links.
Off Topic" wrote:*Zhoulomcrist returns to the epic battle against Megaman and Gut Man......

Megaman: DIE, DR. WILY!!!!!
EDITED

Well, I didn't defeat DR. Wily. Got stomped at the point where you have to fight the bosses over again before the final showdown. But, I'm workin' on that. :)

But, I did get the 3rd of the 11 files successfully uploaded in my on-going quest to get the mod released. Now, starting the 4th upload.

EDITED AGAIN

Alright, first, the important stuff. File 4 has been successfully uploaded. Now, I'm gonna quit updating this thread so much as to prevent spamming as it's not necessary to do so after every file is uploaded.

As stated above, I'll make an announcement in Member's announcements when the mod is officially ready to be downloaded.

NOTE: You will need WINACE or another program capable of dealing with ACE compressed files to extract the mod. My attempt to make an Self-extracting executable didn't work for multi-part files and I didn't want to create one big file to have to upload.

I'll see you when the release hits. Now, it's on to the next file.....

That being said, I'll leave you with the results of my Megaman Session using FCE Ultra Emulator for Windows.
Off Topic" wrote:*****Conclusion*****

Dr. Wily could not withstand Megaman's awesome might. :mrgreen:

Emulator Screenshots

Megaman Cuts through Wily's craft

More of the same

The forces of evil have fallen

Megaman 1 Ending
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Fri May 21, 2004 7:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri May 21, 2004 8:08 am

I've decided that it's probably best to go ahead and lock this topic down. It has no doubt served its purpose.

My apologies if I got a bit off topic at the end with the Megaman bit. I was reliving child-hood experiences in an attempt to bring my stress level down. I was moderately successful as I had to break frequently to upload CF files.

But, anyway, enough of that :) .

Only 6 more files need to be uploaded and then I'll post an announcement of the release along with links to the download in the Members Announcements forum and on the CryptForge site. At this rate, I estimate that the release will be ready only shortly after SunSet on Friday Evening /US-Central Time.

A patch is already planned to get in some additional things, though, nothing that will dramatically change the game play any. That will be released after the mod itself.

Though I haven't done much with the site in terms of updates, I'm gonna begin the process of updating it with information regarding this demo, how to install/play it, and what you can do in terms of spells, items, uniques, etc...... and the purpose that many of CryptForge's new items serve.

I'll see you when the release hits :) .

*Zhoulomcrist locks the door and exits the Matrix.......
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Fri May 21, 2004 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CryptForge”