Pest Control Forge (Post your technical bug reports here)

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Pest Control Forge (Post your technical bug reports here

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:00 am

Works for me. I'm way behind schedule right now on development. So, at this time, there's no specific balance issue thread.

There will be in the future. Right now, it's no big deal if you posted your stuff here.

I'll put your suggestions in mind and work them up for the next release along with some additional enhancements/changes/fixes in that area.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

PC-Baal

Post by PC-Baal » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:46 am

Hi again Z,

It has taken a while but I finally have a level 31 Diablo.
I have noticed a few things with some of the skills and a few other areas that will hopefully be patched.

1.) The Berzerker Rage skill which is required level 24, uses the War Cry animation and sound but I still stay as Diablo which is sort of expected but the range of the skill is well above what the little circle around Diablo shows.
It is kind of nice to use a skill and have all the enemies within around a screen distance die, they get hit by invisible lightning and unless something like a rock or whatever is in the way they die.
I say invisible because nothing is seen in the air until the enemies get hit and then the lightning hit animation happens.

I am wondering if this is intended or should the red circle that plays when you use the skill be larger and actually hit the enemies?

2.) The level 30 skill Raging Magicka is the largest FPS draining skill I have ever used in any mod. Jesus! Does that skill ever look cool but man I find myself shooting it and then running away so I can actually remain on the screen.
My Rogue, Myself, Enemies, Dropped Items and even pieces of furniture will disappear, if I cast more than one because the maximum sprite limit is hit.
I can still select enemies and cast spells and so can the enemies but with no animations being played except my spell. It is kind of interesting to have Diablo disappear but it would be nice to use the high level skills.

3.) I hope you fix Bloodforge, it uses teeth or multishot but replaces the arrows or teeth with Bone Spirits so it looks sweet but no monster cares about it at all.
I can shoot it all I want but no damage is caused to anybody that it hits.

4.) Most of the Diablo only skills have wrong names listed in the description or a complete wrong discription listed for the skill like Bone Cage mentions ravens and the synergies listed are also wrong.
This happens for the other chars as well but I don't have time or the Diablo characters on hand to advise of like 50+ wrong skill descriptions.
You probably know of them anyway.

5.) Unique Items:
The Deflector, Bucker. Is a 2x2 Graphic but on a 3x2 Background.
Shadowfang, Two-Handed Sword. It is a 3x2 Graphic on a 3x1 Background.
Aguinara's Hatchet, Handaxe. Is a 2x1 Graphic on a 3x2 Background.

6.) Evil Forces:
Torn Flesh of Souls. It is using the TFoS Graphic from Diablo 1 so I know what it is but it is listed as an Evil Force.

Mace; Indestructible, +350% Damage, +60% Attack Rating, 40-65 Fire Damage, +40 all stats, +5 Light

Long Bow; 180% Damage, 120% Attack Rating, +30 Dexterity, +107% Max Durability?? (Bows don't have Durability) Uses a 3x2 Graphic on a 4x2 Background.

Scimitar; +96% Attack Speed, +1 Max Damage, +64% Attack Rating, +17 Dexterity.

Cape?; Item type is erased, 100% to cast lvl 20 Fire Mastery when you die, 100% to cast lvl 20 Fire Ball when you kill an enemy, +28 Energy, +17 Mana, Increase Maximum Mana 47%, Lightning Resist +44%. Uses the Wisdom Wrap Graphic from Diablo 1.

Robe?; Item type is erased, +30 Life (Increases near dawn), +6 Stats, +20 Resists.

Cape?; Item type is erased, +13 Dexterity (Increases near daytime), +28 Max Cold Damage (Increases near night-time), +17% Faster Hit Recovery, 25-30 Fire Damage, +21 Resists, -2 Light.

Hope all that helps out Z.

Laters,
Baal.
Last edited by PC-Baal on Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Khorne Champions

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:15 am

Thanx for the report. :)

Some of these have been fixed in the CryptForge patch (not yet released) which is still under development.

It was supposed to have been released some time ago. But, I've been backlogged by issues related to having to find another job.

I appreciate your (and everyone else's) input. Keep it comin' :) .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

taosk8r
Paladin

Post by taosk8r » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:48 am

I do have a little bug-ish thing to mention.. I noticed the aforementioned baal-asn conversion thing, and maybe when the final release comes out with that fixed, my issue will also be fixed.. I noticed that when Ball is getting hit a lot by projectiles (bows mostly) and he does that conversion thing it seems to slow the game down enough that he basically gets 'stun-locked'.. As mentioned I'm hoping this is an unintended consequence of the bug and is already fixed.. :) Hopefully somehow we can recruit a few more 'official' testers for this mod as the 'final release' is imminent, and as I've mentioned elsewhere in the event that someone doesn't decide to take up continued development of it, it would be a really really good thing if as many bugs could be squashed as possible before that event.

Return to “CryptForge”