can't get cryptforge to work

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

fpb

can't get cryptforge to work

Post by fpb » Sat May 29, 2004 10:01 pm

I downloaded cryptforge "full package up to Patch 3A" and installed it to Diablo II directory. Am on rev. 1.09D of Diablo expansion. But Diablo II Expansion runs just as it did before. How do I run cryptforge, or integrate cryptforge with Diablo? :(

UberBerzerker

Re: can't get cryptforge to work

Post by UberBerzerker » Sun May 30, 2004 3:33 am

why dont u play 1.10 version of it??

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Mon May 31, 2004 6:49 am

I think you will find you need to run cryptforge in -direct -txt mode. Do a search in this forum for a link to the thread that explains how to do it.

fpb

Post by fpb » Mon May 31, 2004 3:56 pm

Re: why not using 1.10: Messages on the forum emphasized that 1.09D was the latest version that cryptforge worked with, not 1.10.

Re: ...run cryptforge in -direct -txt mode. Do a search in this forum for a link to the thread that explains how to do it: I made a copy of the Diablo II Lord of Destruction icon on my desktop, changed the Properties Target to "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe" -direct -txt. Is that correct? The forum search I tried, on "-direct -txt" didn't turn up instructions. Do I need to do anything else besides download and install? BTW, I'm on Windows XP. Any problem there? The reason I think cryptforge isn't working is that the beginning of the game, to the point of character selection, is just the same as usual. At what point should I see something different showing me I'm running cryptforge?

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:12 am

the character selection screen should be different (i avent played cryptforge in a while so i cant remember whether its any different before that).
and yes, that is the way to do direct txt, also make sure that you have a data folder (the cryptforge one) in your d2 directory, you might have extracted it incorrectly.

fpb

Post by fpb » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:33 am

Thank you for trying to help.
In the D2 directory is a folder "Cryptforge Full Package up to Patch 3A". In that is a Data folder as well as a few dll's and read-me's.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:28 am

move the data folder directly to the d2 folder. Diablo looks for file in the data folder using direct txt. alternatively you could change the shourtcut to start in the cryptforge mod directory instead of the d2 directory (simply change the start in ... bit).
hope that helps.

fpb

Post by fpb » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:12 am

That worked, thank you. I used the 2nd option, changing the "start in" to point to the Cryptforge directory where the data folder is.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:13 am

Happy to help, want as many people as possible to be able to play this great mod.

Return to “CryptForge”