Status update on the mod's progress

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Status update on the mod's progress

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:19 pm

Unfortunately, I failed to get the patch done in the time frame that I had hoped to. :(

But, the good news is that CryptForge is still a living mod. I've taken all the bug reports for the ACT 1 demo and have fixed the majority of them.

While I had planned to get the patch out earlier, I'm gonna take a look into the remainder of the bugs in the bug thread while things are calmed down in the forum and get them fixed for the mod's release.

As a bonus to all of you on account of my failure to get the patch out earlier, I am gonna write a list of 20 of the completed CryptForge runewords and post them in a thread and on the site as well for yall to take a look and and start experimenting with.

We'll be in touch and, with the best of luck, I'll get the patch out very soon, hopefully sooner than that :mrgreen: .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

LordOfTheWastes

Post by LordOfTheWastes » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:47 am

Good to hear from you Zhoul. So long as you say this mod isnt dead, Ill be a happy. Good luck.
Extended warranty, how can I lose?

Gorathan

Re: Status update on the mod's progress

Post by Gorathan » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:25 am

Yes,its surely one of the most awaited piece :) Keep up working !

Gorathan

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:45 am

Thanx :) . It's gonna be a slow process, as opposed to my hopes of a fast release.

Lately, I've been feeling like garbage. :-| This is unfortunate as it has slowed down my modding considerably. But, don't let that bring you down.

It's likely that my future releases are gonna be slow for a while. But, they will get released as long as I'm still on the job :) .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:33 pm

A new and very important change was made to CryptForge using Ray K's Lighting Tutorial, thus making Ray K the latest addition to the CryptForge credits list :) .

As of the first patch release, all 7 characters in CryptForge will not give off a light radius. Instead, the light radius they give off will be barely the size of a pencil eraser. You can, of course, augment the light radius by using light radius enchanted items.

You will really have to be careful this time around whereever you may venture into Sanctuary. :)

Baal entering a cave

Darkness engulfs all

LordOfTheWastes

Post by LordOfTheWastes » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:25 pm

Nuts!! Thats going to be so freaking cool...and hard...and fun.
Extended warranty, how can I lose?

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:11 pm

Yeap, and as a result, new Light Radius affixes are being implemented and additional enchantments given on some of the unique items and set items to this effect.

In addition to the light radius deal, I added the latest version of PlugY (3.00) by Yohann to the mod.

Today is gonna be a day of hammering out the rest of the runewords and working on fixing ACT II's level warp bugs which cause the game to crash if you enter ACT II from ACT I.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:00 pm

Ah man, I'd love to play Cryptforge again. I remember watching this mod over 2 years ago and registering just to post here. It was the most amazing mod at the time because of the massive dll editing and what not. I also remember that long wait to release the mod. The suspense was killing me!! :) But it finally got released, and it still remains one of my favorite mods of all time. Second only to XyRAX :p
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Return to “CryptForge”