Status update + some important news

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Status update + some important news

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:56 am

The mod is still living. But, it's been half-dead development this past month.

Additionally, I'm gonna be moving out of state in a week. So, I may be offline for awhile until I get another internet provider (hopefully with some DSL or better).

As a result, I'm gonna release what I've gotten done so far with the patch before I drift out of state. With any luck, I can keep this mod going despite outside issues hammering away at me.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

LordOfTheWastes

Re: Status update + some important news

Post by LordOfTheWastes » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:22 pm

Well, Im glad to hear that the mod isnt completely dead. Good luck to you. I know how stressful moving can be.
Extended warranty, how can I lose?

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:23 pm

Well, I won't be moving after all. The job I thought I was hoping to get didn't come through and, more importantly, my arrangements for transportation went to hell. So, I'm gonna stick around and find local work instead. I won't get into the much more bitter details of it.

But, here's a report on the update.

I admittedly haven't been spending full time on the mod these past few weeks as I had planned to do. But, then, my plans almost always tend to change.

I've been slow on the development of the mod. But, although not all of my planned patching was done before the first patch release, I've detailed what I have done in the patch in the Bug Reports thread, linked to below.

viewtopic.php?t=23447

I'm arranging the patch into a ZIP and am gonna upload it to Fileplanet, tonight. Then, it's onto further development.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:41 pm

Actually, I've got a better idea. It's been awhile since I've given the patch a good test run.

So, I'm gonna do that and there are unfortunately some things that I said would be in there that haven't made it to the patch yet. So, I'm gonna bust ass and add those in as quick as I can so that yall can have the patch with all the things that were promised, namely the elimination of Evil Force messages on international copies of the game.

I'm gonna make as best an attempt I can to get it done and release it before tomorrow.

I'll let you know when it's uploaded. Over 80% of what i'd hoped for in the patch is there. If I hit a snag in trying to implement something, I'll go ahead and release the patch for yall to play in its current form. Normally, I wouldn't do that. But, since the wait has drawn out so long, I feel it's for the better.

Return to “CryptForge”