Status report on CryptForge's progress

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Status report on CryptForge's progress

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:56 pm

I've completed my outline plan for ACT 1 and 2 and started on 3. Below is a detailed list and description on how ACT 1 will work from beginning to end including NPC names/functions, quests, locations, etc......

Also, unlike my previous release, the next release will allow travel to all 5 ACTs without causing the game to crash.

NOTE: Because the following information may contain spoilers, you may or may not wish to look at it. If not, you should exit now before going further. Additionally, ACT 1's outline is the only one I will post here at the forums or on the site until after the mod is released. Otherwise, if you don't mind some spoilers (including those of you that have already played the ACT 1 demo that was released prior to now), scroll to below the asterisks...........

ACT 1-Rogue Monastery: At war with Andariel's forces again.

NPCs

1. Warriv: Holed up in the monastery until Andariel's forces are taken down.

2. Akara: The rogues' priestess and high seer.

3. Shilendor: Kashya is dead because she went nuts. Shilendor took over.

4. Charsi: Armed with a horadric malus, Charsi can fashion any implement of war.

5. Deckard Cain: Nothing can stop him. However, he's holed up in an ancient castle in Khanduras. You're gonna have to rescue him.

6. Gheed (REMOVED)

Quests

1. (The Shrine of the Apocalypse): You must travel to the Shrine of the Apocalypse, clean it out and dispose of the dark priest, Lanzer. You will receive a book of skill from him as well as Akara's Skill Point Reward.

2. (The Butcher): Back again. He's established a "butchery" in the Mausoleum in the Burial Grounds. Find him, kill him, and return to Shilendor for the reward of a hireling.

3. (The Castle at Westmarch): Travel to Westmarch and rescue Deckard Cain. King Leoric's corrupt skeleton roams this area. If you find him, take him down quickly. You'll get a unique sword and shield off of him.

4. (Caverns): Go through the caverns in Blash Marsh and fight the Rune Beast at the bottom of the caves. This is a lengthy descent. When you defeat the enemy, there is a merchant down there that will sell you any rune in the game, at a fairly steep price though, for some of the better ones.

5. (The gateway to Nocrodor): Enter the ethereal gateway and challenge the fire guardian at the end of the ether tunnel to gain passage to the Citadel of Andariel in Nocrodor.

6. (Final Showdown): Travel to the Citadel and descend its depths for a showndown with Andariel.

For those of you that chose to read this, comments and suggestions are welcome. This is just a rough draft and is subject to change at any time.
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Return to “CryptForge”