is this mod dead again

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

No votes

Total votes: 0

taker1990

is this mod dead again

Post by taker1990 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:59 pm

i was wondering if this mod was dead again or not. because there hasnt been an update atleast 3 weeks

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: is this mod dead again

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 pm

Taker1990, unfortunately, it is dead for good this time. :( .

About 4 weeks ago, a virus corrupted and effectively destroyed a whole lot of recent work that had been done in a pretty quick amount of time. Unfortunately, my backups were too far outdated to make an effective return and efforts to repair the damage done were futile.

As a result, I had to start from scratch and re-install Windows along with everything else.

This was a serious dissapointment to me and, as a result, my interest in the game has dried up and I won't be returning to modding the game although I'll still visit the keep every now and then to see how things are going :) .

The staff has expressed interest as well in why I haven't been around much and, thus, I told Myhrginoc in a reply to one of his private messages that I will be officially retiring.

In the recent days since this happened, World of Warcraft has peaked and stole my interest and therefore, I've been playing it hardcore since installing it with what time I have to play it in between working at night and resting to get ready for work at night. So, that's a definite contributing factor to why I haven't been around much and will likely continue to be. :-|

Those two things have put a heavy weight on me and because of it, I won't be able to go full swing on this anymore.

I know this comes as a harsh blow to many like it was to me when everything crashed. But, I feel it best to be entirely honest in explaining exactly what's going on.

Thanx for all the support you folks have given the mod since its debut way back when. :mrgreen: Even though the mod never left beta stages, it never would've been released at all without your support. :)
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:08 pm

With this sad report, the CryptForge forum will move to the Unsupported Mods category. We are always sorry to see a project end. I know Zhoulomcrist has put in a lot of time and effort against all sorts of hurdles. May this be the last of a series, and Zhoul's future be bright and uncomplicated.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

taker1990

Post by taker1990 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:51 am

well this suxs ive been fallowin this mod from some time and was happy to see it reactivated but now this realy {filtered} blows its dead again.

Fizgig

Post by Fizgig » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:19 am

:cry: Hmm.. does anyone know if someone will assume control of the mod?

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

No. Well I don't think so. Unless Zhoulomcrist want to put his txt file somewhere here (I pretty sure he won't). I know this mods is great and i will realy like to see more but im pretty sure this is mod is dead for life.
Watch last post (2005). Pretty far no?
And

Rules:
XII) People often ask, “is there a way to convert bin files to txt files?” The answer is no, and there are no known tools that do so. But think about what a bin-to-txt converter would be used for: stealing information from other people’s mods. There is no need for bin conversion for Blizzard’s data, it is already fully available in the unmodded txt files. Stealing from mods is against our Terms of Service, and discussing a tool that would be unnecessary except for that purpose will not be allowed.

Sry :P
Last edited by allas on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “CryptForge”