Guided ice and fire arrow is it possible?!

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderators: GuyAskingQuestion, Doombreed-x, Nefarius, talonrage

DreamSavior

Guided ice and fire arrow is it possible?!

Post by DreamSavior » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm

So is it possible to make ice arrow and fire arrow to follow your enemies like guided arrow without codding?

k0r3l1k
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
United States of America

Re: Guided ice and fire arrow is it possible?!

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Yeah just copy guided arrow and change the graphics and damage type to ice/fire. Done.

DreamSavior

Post by DreamSavior » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am

[quote=k0r3l1k"]Yeah just copy guided arrow and change the graphics and damage type to ice/fire. Done.[/quote]
Which columns I have to edit? I suppose in Skills.txt?

phogs

Post by phogs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 pm

DreamSavior" wrote:Which columns I have to edit? I suppose in Skills.txt?
Skills then Missiles. In Skills, copy Guided Arrow then change the missile references to a new missile and add whatever skill damage you want plus changing the EType to fire/cold. In Missiles, copy the original guided arrow missile into whatever you called the new missile and change the CelFile (to FireArrow/IceArrow, this is the missile gfx so whatever you want) then make sure to link the missile damage to the name of the new skill your created in the Skill column. Check the missile param calcs DmgCalc1/dParam1/dParam2 if you also want to include elemental conversion.

Return to “General Mod Making”