when dealing with sets

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

johnny-b!
Paladin

when dealing with sets

Post by johnny-b! » Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:18 pm

when u go into treasureclassex, and u go to put a certain monster (ex: Duriel) to drop a set, do u put in the entire set's name, or all the items in the set?
'You cry my name,
shudder the shame.
The skies call out,
this is the final bout!'

goro3d
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by goro3d » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:55 pm

Just put in the piece of the set u want him to drop do it by piece works great. Hmm now That I think about that is the only way u can do it. Also u can try the code for each piece of the set. :mrgreen:
No more support for my mod is around sorry my friends.

Brigette
Paladin

Post by Brigette » Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:06 pm

I put in all the piece names and set the drop to -x pieces. Be aware that item types that are used more than once in SetItems.txt will drop wit the correct name and be useable but may have the wrong stats. Especially rings and amulets if you use this method.

Another way is to use say 'amu' with set priorty column set high. Even then your not guaranteed the set amulet you want. (talking LOD 1.09d).

Cheers,
Brig

goro3d
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by goro3d » Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:05 pm

U r definetly right so beware of the amu token for set amulets your chance of getting the 1 u want is 10% or less I would say put the name of the amulet u want to drop in one of the treasureclassex columns.
No more support for my mod is around sorry my friends.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:31 am

If you put the set item's name in TCX you will soon see all sorts of strange items. I was doing that with amulets just as Goro3d mentioned, and soon I was seeing my set amulet with Civerb mods, with Iratha mods, with Tancred mods...in short, everything under the sun except what it is supposed to be. FoxBat told me that bug happens a lot, and that there are quite a few bugs in the set-generating code. So even though you may not have much of a chance to see your set amulet if you just put amu with set=1024, at least it won't be corrupted when you finally get one.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

SiLenTx
Retired staff
Angel

Post by SiLenTx » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:17 am

Another solution is to change the codes of all your items that has the same codes in your setitems.txt.... weird stats occur because your using the same codes like in "amu" and "rin"....

Another one is create a cube recipe that will reroll your items... use "usetype,set" in the output column...

Gengelbach

Post by Gengelbach » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:39 am

Yes, like Myhr said, don't call the item by its name. It will list itself as part of its set, and be named correctly, but the MODS that spawn on it are randomly chosen from the pool of possible mods for that equipment type.

E.G. a ring can be named "Smitty's Ring of Jolly Fun" but have the mods of the ring from the Angelic set 99% of the time.

Although jewelry is usually the only category to be concerned about, if you're adding your own sets you may find you actually put in equipment that's used somewhere else in the table. To get around all of this, I advise always dropping with set probability of 1024 (and all others 0) and dropping the item type (amu, qui, rin, ghm, etc.) and if you have problems getting the correct one for a specific field, just make 'em drop 5 or 6 of the same item (after all, you don't need it to keep dropping the REST of the set, just change those)

In case anybody's curious, and actually wants to pursue the possibility of seemingly randomly configured set items, I'm unsure of the following:
1) Which mods the item will gain when more of the set is worn (the ones that match its name or the ones that match its "actual" mods)
2) If you can complete a set (and gain the normal mods thus associated) using these "incorrect" items
3) If these items are in any way corrupted by saving/loading
4) If set items normally undroppable can get their mods spawned onto other items.

It'd sure be interesting to have a set where none of the pieces have mods that are the same every time...full set attributes stick, but nothing else. Might be fun...
Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

johnny-b!
Paladin

Post by johnny-b! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

aight, got it all workin, thx all!
if you wanna check out the set, go to these two sites (I was origionally uploadin to yahoo, and the file couldn't be anymore than 1 meg, so I had to break em into groups):
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/msgr/jondapimp ... ck%2b1.zip
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/msgr/jondapimp ... blazer.zip

let me know how u like!
'You cry my name,
shudder the shame.
The skies call out,
this is the final bout!'

Return to “General Mod Making”