I need MPQ View

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

milotin

I need MPQ View

Post by milotin » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:07 pm

The link in the Phrozen Keep's tool's section is broken :( Can someone pass me a link where I can go download it? Or can someone mail it to me at milotin@hotmail.com?
"Est Sularas Oth Mithos"
My Honour Is My Life

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:30 pm

MPQ Viewer can be downloaded at the following section of the new Phrozen Keep File Center which is currently still under development.

https://d2mods.info/site/filecenter/fil ... ools-2.php

I tried the link moments ago and the download worked.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

milotin

Post by milotin » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:47 am

Thanks Zhoulomcrist :) The link worked and I now have MPQ View.
"Est Sularas Oth Mithos"
My Honour Is My Life

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:09 am

Good stuff, you're most welcome :). Good luck with it. If you end up not being able to see all the files you need, Jeff and PhrozenHeart have updated datalist files for use with MPQ View if you start running into problems with it.

Also, the "filter" option in MPQ View is case sensitive. So, DC6 and dc6 will not show up together unless you have the filter set to *.*, which will view all files in the MPQ.

In the later future, you may find yourself adding brand new entries (usually new DC6 Graphics) into the patch_d2.mpq in which case you'll need to edit your data listfile so that those entries will show up when you're viewing the modded MPQ file.

Anyway, good luck workin' with it :). Glad to know that link worked.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

omnijinx

Post by omnijinx » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:17 pm

Or you could get WinMPQ which doesn't require any of those annoying datafiles. :D

Brigette
Paladin

Post by Brigette » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:36 pm

My datafile for expansion pack is hosted here:

http://members.aol.com/lordrekcah/diablo/MpqTxt01.zip

Good for MPQView and MpqEdit and the entries are alpha sorted, all lowercase, and duplicate lines deleted.

Cheers,
Brig

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:33 am

Brigette" wrote:Good for MPQView and MpqEdit and the entries are alpha sorted, all lowercase, and duplicate lines deleted.
wow this is very nice, thanks Brigette, I just downloaded it :beer:

The updated datafile at the keep should be 'updated' again to fix those problems with uppercase and lowercase file extentions.

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Post by Paul Siramy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 pm

I repeat it again & again, but ...

MPQ Stormless Editor called "MPQEditor" when it's launched, and the exe is "MPQEdit.exe". The best mpq extractor/insertor IMO, just right-click and use "extract with full-path", or "Replace with file", so good. Show unknown entry ! Can filter too. No lower/Upper case problem, no problems at all.

MPQ Listfile, a complete one I made, just 12 unknown entry in all the mpq (including the mpq on the installation cd). because it have all the entry of all the mpq, it's a little long to open a mpq, but you're sure you'll see all entry (except if you have another version than English & French, sorry).

Return to “General Mod Making”