Cube recipe not working right

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

milotin

Cube recipe not working right

Post by milotin » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:37 am

I wanted to *see* my unique armor in action so I made a recipe to create it with one (any) armor and one rune. I made sure the armor level was lower than the character level but when I use it, the cube gives me a rare version of the armor and not the unique version, :( can anyone tell me why? And is there a tutorial somewhere that shows you how to expand the stash size?
"Est Sularas Oth Mithos"
My Honour Is My Life

Ruvanal
Champion of the Light

Post by Ruvanal » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:43 am

Set the lvl to 99 and it should work.

The cube outputs do not default to using your character level for generating items. The ilvl of the items from the cube works to the following.

terms
lvl, plvl and ilvl are the values from the columns in cubemain.txt
clvl is the character level
ilvl_new is the ilvl of the output item
ilvl_old is the ilvl of the item listed in the input 1 column of the cubemain.txt file (the ilvls from items in the other input columns are not used and there can only be a single item in input 1 for this to be a valid number)

if (lvl>0)
then {ilvl_new=lvl}
else {ilvl_new=int(plvl*clvl/100)+int(ilvl*ilvl_old/100)}
if (ilvl_new>99) then {ilvl_new=99}

*all calculations use integers so there are no fractions at any step.

NewbieModder
Angel

Post by NewbieModder » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:55 am

you may have used the wrong way to get unique. try <itemcode>,uni and <itemcode>,unq both, and make sure it hasn't spawned before in the game.

milotin

Post by milotin » Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:00 am

Oh yeah, that was my other question, whether to use the item name (Huma's Measure) or the item code (slp). The String records it as Huma's Measure so I used that. Its correct right?
"Est Sularas Oth Mithos"
My Honour Is My Life

NewbieModder
Angel

Post by NewbieModder » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 pm

you use slp. the string is just the display. The only time string is used is on rings and amulets (see the entry for the skulls+soj recipie)

Return to “General Mod Making”