patch_D2.mpq

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

burnandgun

patch_D2.mpq

Post by burnandgun » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:35 am

help.... i can't start how to make a mod..... i made a back up of the file and i started mpq viewer i loaded the data file and then open archive but nothing happened. Anyone know what to do?

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: patch_D2.mpq

Post by 54x » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:56 am

Ah, I don't think you meant to ask that here, but rather on the forums for general modmaking.

So by the powers of light and wind and thunder and whatever else, I'm too lazy to bother with real spell words anyway: ove-may o-tay eneral-gay odmaking-may!
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:26 pm

For what version are you modding for? If you are modding for 1.10 you need the 1.10 datafile.

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:42 pm

Just a clarification: The 1.10 datafile will work perfectly well for 1.09 MPQs too, so just download the full 1.10 datafile from the keep, and you should be off viewing MPQs in no time, regardless of your version. Yay :) However the reverse is not true of the 1.09 datafile, and you'll need to upgrade if you have it as Kingpin pointed out. I probably should have answered your question AS I moved your topic, not just moved it. Excuse my lack of sleep :)
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

BluE_StRiFe

Post by BluE_StRiFe » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:06 am

i may have an idea to your problem and i am talking about version 1.09. This may work but dont keep your hopes up. When you're done downloading file you save it in a folder, after that go to that folder, right click it, choose copy, and then go to the Diablo 2 folder and paste it there, make sure you have installed it in your computer. and thats it.......just go play and you might see the results of your mod....... :)

Return to “General Mod Making”