Suggest A Tutorial

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

100%

Total votes: 1

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Suggest A Tutorial

Post by onyx » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:14 pm

worldslayer608";p="299737" wrote: one of the tuts im looking for is one that can walk on through the making of a map from scratch, just a small one just so one can do it on his/her own.
http://paul.siramy.free.fr/_divers/ds1/doc/index.html
worldslayer608";p="299737" wrote: another would be the making of a brand new WP, im not sure if coding is involved in that or not but it would be nice to know.
A waypoint cannot be added without coding to Acts 1, 2, 3 and 5, because the pages are full. You can add one in Act 4 easily - just place the object in a map, then change accordingly the Waypoint field for the level in Leves.txt and done.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

worldslayer608
Paladin

Post by worldslayer608 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:20 pm

when i said make a map from scratch, i also meant adding it to the game and making it playable, the link i have looked at before and it was a bit helpfull but not really what i was looking for.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:22 pm

I looked and did not see it.. but is there a tutorial for the cube where when you transmute an item that is socketed it takes out the socketed items and gives them back? Like in Nez, the crowbar.. it takes the items out of the item and puts them back in the cube..

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:38 pm

Put "useitem,rem" in the output field.

A cube tutorial should discuss all the input and output parameters, and some of their limitations. (The "any" parameter is notoriously limited, for example, best to ignore it completely.) This tutorial was written for v1.09x, and doesn't cover the new parameters added with v1.10+. Time to update it, no?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Sweet! TY for fast reply. I will try it out! Thanks alot.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:04 am

I got to page 23 of this section and could not find it.. but is there a tutorial that tells how to make new misc.txt items? I need to make some new items for cubing.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 am

The Misc.txt fileguide should provide enough information for you.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 pm

I've read that.. and I cant get the items I create to work.. I keep getting an item error.. I am just trying to make a new charm, 2 items to use for transmuting, and 3 new runes... None of them are working..

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:10 am

"Item Error" I assume is a error when entering a game with an existing char, simply don't do that. If you mean an assertion error: WHAT assertion error, there are thousands, use v1.10 and report the actual error you're getting. The fileguide does contain all the info required.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 am

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptNpcStats

That is my error I get

Ryokken

Post by Ryokken » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:36 am

Hello, I have a no doubt simple idea for a tutorial, i want to make a fist of the heavens attack that causes a nova instead of holy bolts. I've been at it for a little while and while I can get the fist to produce nova missles, I cant get it to make a complete nova... So far I've edited the skill to change the damage alright, I've altered the submissle to get the nova effects, but i cannot get it to make a complete nova, I can't seem to find the column/s that make it only produce a few, I'm still trying and if I finally get it I'll send it here for other beginners but any advice or whatever would be greatly appreciated... Oh,yes and one more thing it also won't damage non-undead still but I think I got that
Last edited by Ryokken on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

pie4

Post by pie4 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:10 pm

I do not know how to get the patchstring.tbl file, all I can find from Patch_D2.mpq is a lot of unkown files. :(

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:00 pm

You can download an up to date listfile from the file center. It is currently mirrored on Volf's site. A link can be found under "Current News" on the side menu bar.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi,
In LotH there is a difrent way to crafting items.
Insted to combine some special regnts in cube, you must first prepare the item with an essense that give the item Essensepower, than you can modify the item with some alchemistic regnts for diffrent bonuspower. And every regent uses pionts from the Essencepower. As long the essecepower has points left, as long you can upgrade the item with regents.

So my question. How can I give items such a new stat like the essensepower, by cubing the item with a special Essensepotion ?.
And how can I deal with such a new Stat in cubemain.txt ?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 am

You first need a new stat, so in itemstatcost.txt you need to find an unused entry, like 183, then you need to give it savebits, saveadd and setup a desc string(refer to the fileguide). next you need to make a new properties.txt entry, just clone one of the resistance entries and change the name and change the stat to you new stat. Finally to add and remove this stat open cubemain, create a new recipe with enabled set to 1, version to 100, numinputs to 2, input one to weap[or armo or misc depending on the item type you want to enchant], input 2 to the item code of your essence. In output put useitem then in mod1 put the name of your new property, and use the min1 and max1 columns for the value. Finally one can use the op field to restrict the min or max input value of the stat, have a look at the op codes sticky in this forum.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks Necro,
I'll try it this way.

A other question.
Many mods uses Pluy and D2mod.dll.
So there is no patchD2.mpq is needed. But how can I extract Textfiles from the Binfiles from such mods ?
I try just to create a mpq with the existing bin files of a mod I downloaded, but it not seems to work. I need a special Textfiles to look for some reference of some modmechanics.
So how can I extract a Textfile from a bin ?

tb5841

Post by tb5841 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm

I'd like a tutorial on using item_skillongethit property, and similar ones - I've been playing around with this for a while, and it's far more difficult to use than I expected.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Jounk33";p="391533" wrote:Thanks Necro,
I'll try it this way.

A other question.
Many mods uses Pluy and D2mod.dll.
So there is no patchD2.mpq is needed. But how can I extract Textfiles from the Binfiles from such mods ?
I try just to create a mpq with the existing bin files of a mod I downloaded, but it not seems to work. I need a special Textfiles to look for some reference of some modmechanics.
So how can I extract a Textfile from a bin ?
just cause d2mod/nefex/plugy is used doesn't mean no patch_d2.mpq. secondly what you want to do is A) leeching and B) against the ToS

tb5841";p="391654" wrote:I'd like a tutorial on using item_skillongethit property, and similar ones - I've been playing around with this for a while, and it's far more difficult to use than I expected.
This is a stat, why would one need a tutorial for it??? just look at the magic properties master list
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

Xombei

Post by Xombei » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 am

I've always wanted an "ARENA" in Diablo 2 where you kill a certain amount of monsters and it spawns new ones and at the end it drops new items from new bosses. BUT I have no idea how to make a new level (i would like it to be accessible via portal only such as the pandemonium levels) and i have no idea how to spawn monsters after a certain amount is killed, if thats even possible. But if it isnt possible, i was thinking of just making a big area with seals similar to diablo's chaos sanctuary and having monsters spawn like that. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Denn1

Post by Denn1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Arena needs code edit...

kenneth247

Post by kenneth247 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

Wow THe Master List Helps me Alot!!! Im making alot of progress lately!!! well atleast for someone new!!! thanks!!! 8-O

How about a TUT on making a CLASS HIRELING

DRUID -----> that can summon wolf & Raven and cast tornado?
ASSAsin ------> THat can Set Traps & BUff himself that attacks great in melee
NECRO --------> That Summon Undeads & Curses
SORC --------> well Castt Spells
PALADIN -------->Gives AUra
AMAZON ----------> RAnge Thrower (If Possible can Switch to Melee)
BaR --------> Uber Life that Leap Attacks and Shouts (LOL :P )

i know its possible to edit skills onto hirelings but what im saying is using their specific class image. just like in act 5 hirelings,mercs there where barbarians
so im suggesting adding other classes like those!!!

This would be fun if sum1 can do this!! im new to D2 modding but im willing to help is its possible!!! :lol:
Last edited by kenneth247 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 am

there is already a tutorial on this in the knowledge base:
kb/viewarticle?a=314&highlight=hireling
btw, summoning skills don't work correct on hirelings(or monsters), also hireling AI doesn't really behave as a player would

raidenx

Post by raidenx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 pm

can someone show me how to change the main menu background???

Richter 

Post by Richter  » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:23 pm

just edit the gameselectscreenEXP
you can find this in data\global\ui\FrontEnd in d2exp.mpq
Last edited by Richter  on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 pm

There are about 4 tutorials on this, on the forums and in the knowledge base, use search next time...

Return to “General Mod Making”